“Love this resort! Disney's best kept secret!”

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Ranked #149 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“Love this resort! Disney's best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is the second time we stayed at this resort in the last 6 months. We chose it because it is close to Epcot and didn't want to spend Disney resort high end prices. We love this place! The rooms are comfortable and the grounds are well maintained and beautiful. Great food court that you can pick up food for your room or to sit around the pool with. We had Florida Resident Rates so it was very affordable. Disney transportation hub was close to our room so we could hop on a bus to go to different places (Downtown Disney, the Polynesian, and Epcot were places we visited or ate). We took a long walk every morning around the grounds (I believe it is over a mile) and loved sitting by the pool and watching the evening kid movies.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
28 Thank Teacher_0n_Vacati0n

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,749)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marshall, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family usually stays at the Wilderness Lodge, but wanted to save money this time as we had done some previous travel this year. Having read some reviews and looked at the layout of the resort we rented a car, and that turned out to be a very good decision. The resort is sprawling! If you did not have a car a great deal of time would be spent either walking, or waiting for Disney Transportation. The room was clean but a little smaller than what we are used to. Keep in mind that this is really a very well themed motel. All doors open to the outside. The food court area was a pleasant experience. It was busy, but we were always able to find a table during our stay. The pool area was nice, my boys enjoyed it, and one night when we were there they had a marshmallow roast over a campfire on the beach. I give a huge vote of professionalism to the housekeeping staff. On the last night of our stay, my son ate the lobster topped hamburger from the Grand Floridian Cafe with disastrous results occurring at 2:00 a.m. I dialed housekeeping stuttering, and they were so very kind and helpful. Within minutes of my call they arrived at the room with new linens and a very helpful attitude. The gentleman was very professional and did not seem at all upset to have to deal with such at that hour! We were very grateful! The only major complaint we had of the Caribbean Beach was the poor cell phone and wifi connection. No matter where we went, even out of doors, the reception was poor at best. Overall though, given the same set of circumstances I would say that we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try for the area close to the food courts to avoid very long walks if you don't have a car.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank BoysMommy1432
Bow, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 3 times and all 3 times we had a wonderful time. The pool is large and its theme is "pirates" which our son just loved. Its very family oriented and everyone was very friendly. The rooms weren't too far away from the pool and the food court. The food was your typical "fast food" that the kids love but they also have lots of fruits and salads for the more healthier food. I would recommend this one!

Room Tip: We stayed at Trinidad South and it was really close to the pool and the food court. The maids that m...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank donna c
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My Caribbean Beach experience was average, but unfortunately, for a Disney Resort, I wasn't overly impressed. I enjoy Disney's Port Orleans Riverside much more for a moderate resort experience. Our room at Caribbean Beach was standard and relatively clean, but a little dated and there was dirt in our ice bucket bag our first day. Also, when I called Guest Services to ask to have wine glasses brought to our room they informed us that they didn't have any, which I thought was odd. The pool and surrounding area however was very nice, and their beach area with loungers and hammocks was great too!

I am a huge Disney fan, and I've stayed in many different Walt Disney World Resort hotels, but I just wasn't impressed with this one in particular. I'm not familiar with Disney Resort disappointment. In the end, we really only use our room to sleep in anyway, we were hardly there. But I would recommend staying at a different on-property resort if possible.

2 Thank SHAYNASM
Willoughby, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I just returned from a one week stay and would recommend this resort to other families. The pools are great for kids and the dining areas are convenient and serve acceptable food. The room wasn t the most luxurious, but the location s convenience outweighed the room s modesty. We watched three different sets of Fireworks on New Year s Eve from the beach net the dining hall. Overall, a gret family experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a room poolside
2 Thank Charlie S
Tyneside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed in the Caribbean Beach in early December, and after reading some of the reviews I was beginning to wonder if I had made the right choice, but the kids wanted to give it a go, so we did. We have stayed on Disney properties before but this was the first time we hade used the magical express service, and we found this to be very good. We were dropped with our luggage at the Customs House to check in, the staff were very nice and check in was fairly quick. This is a huge hotel, we were given a map and they ran a bus shuttle around the hotel grounds for guests with luggage, we didn't wait for this but walked to stretch our legs, it was a 10-15 min walk so this shows you how large the hotel is. We paid for a preferred location room, and it was the best thing we ever did, we were opposite Port Royale, which houses the restaurant, food court, shop, kids room and bar. We were so close we went for breakfast, then back to the to the room to collect belongings to go into the parks, we would not do this had we been in further away. The rooms were clean and fresh, the maid visited everyday, leaving animals made from the flannels for the kids on the bed each day. The pools are kept clean and tidy but bear in mind only the main pool has any lifeguards, this gets very full with little children so we used the pool for our area. IF I Had one gripe it would be in connection with the buses, in other Disney resorts, you enter a queue for the bus that is going to the park you want to visit, here it is just a bus stop, and quite a few times we had waited quite a while for a bus to then be literally pushed out of the way by people who had just arrived. Disney probably relied on manners when this hotel was built and as common curtesy seems to be a thing of the past it is a problem I could imagine will be the cause of more than one argument when the hotel during the busier summer months.

Room Tip: Get a preferred location room, will save you a lot of time.
12 Thank margaret02Tyneside
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

So I have a confession, I'm a Disney Geek. I visit with a group of friends for the Princess Half Marathon every February and I try to get a family visit in annually. I've stayed at values, moderates, deluxes, and DVC properties, but Caribbean Beach is my favorite. It was my first Disney property, so maybe that is why I love it so much? I've stayed in Jamaica (3 times), Martinique, and Trinidad South. The pirate room in Trinidad South was cute, but far away. My kids liked it, so that is the main thing. Martinique was by far my favorite because it was 2 turns to Old Port Royale. Jamaica was also very convenient because the bus stop was just outside our building. Yes, this is a very large property, but the pool area is amazing! If you are a fan of the tropics, you can't go wrong with this resort. Lots of island tunes are played and with a little pixie dust, you could really feel like you are in the Caribbean. Just another part of the Disney magic, I guess. If you are interested in staying at a Moderate resort, I highly recommend giving CBR a try.

Room Tip: Ask your favorite travel agent to request a room close to a bus stop or near a pool. Yes, I do reco...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Amiee S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!