Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
7,823 results
All reviewsold port royalepirate roommain poolfood courttrinidad northcustom housethe businternal shuttlepirate themejamaica sectionshutters restaurantdining planmain foodpreferred roomdisney worldwater viewmagic kingdom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I just returned from a week at the resort. The resort area is very pretty and the room was okay, nothing fancy but met our needs. When illness hit one of us the front desk helped us get medical help and a prescription was quickly faxed in and brought to the room. We never had to wait more than a few minutes for a shuttle. The food court food was better than I had expected it to be. I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank knitter10
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed in a standard room category Dec 7-10th, 2012 in the Barbados section on the resort on the 1st floor. The room was conveniently located near the vestibule for the shuttle bus and had a view of the tropical courtyard. Major problem with the room was that it was very musty smelling, dusty, and possibly moldy. The room didn't appear to be "dirty" and I quite liked the Nemo decor. However, after a couple of hours in the room my throat was itching from the dust blowing out of the a/c so I shut it off(and I don't have any allergies). It was so strange how moist it was in the room as well-nothing ever dried, which led me to believe the musty smell was probably mold. I don't know why it was so moist in there. I never bothered to ask to change rooms because we only stayed 3 nights and didn't want to waste time asking/moving rooms. The beds weren't very comfortable and the bathroom was tiny as expected. Check in was quick, but employees weren't Disney quality(not friendly, but bland) - probably the only thing that did surprise me about this resort. WORST thing ever, and BEST advice I can give you about Disney in general...DO NOT use the "luggage service" offered with the Disney Magical Express. I thought tagging our bags with the luggage tags provided through the mail prior to departure were mandatory-NOT SO! Although paperwork says, "...it may take UP TO 3 hours to receive your bags..." that is the "BEST case scenario", says the check in staff. Disney needs to re-think this option because taking peoples luggage from the airport and deliver it to their room is too big a responsibility (even for Disney). They start counting hours AFTER you check in. I called after 3 hours of not receiving my bags, and the bell staff says call the airport. Then airport says call the airline, and so on. I am thankful that I received my bag after 2 more hours of searching for it(total of 5 hours). HOWEVER my camera was stolen from inside my bag! Not sure if that was the airline or Disney people that stole it, but either way not good. Anyway...back to the resort review...room size was great as expected(perfect for a small family of 4). Exterior grounds were great as expected;very tropical. Disney shuttle is slow as expected. You can take a shuttle throughout the resort its so big, but that wastes a lot of time. Room area pools were small yet clean as expected. Main pool was smaller in person than pictured. Food in commisary was as expected(well prepared decent sized portions but expensive-NOTE-best rice crispy treat for $3.95 I have ever tasted!). Distance walked from the room to main pool and restaurant was kinda far. We got used to it the 2nd day because the grounds are so nice to walk. It may be an issue with lots of little ones. Man made lake and beach were nice as expected. I was glad I booked this resort because I always wanted to try it. I was a huge supporter of staying on property, but I think next time I will stay off premise to save $$$.

Room Tip: All buildings look very similar, and I'd imagine that a room facing the water or closer to the main pool would be an upgrade. To me, if the upgrade was about $20 bucks a night then it would be worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lodee73
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here once again for the long, 4 day, Thanksgiving weekend. It really is my favorite moderate resort at Disney. We arrived around 2pm and there was no wait to check in. We had reserved a "preferred location" room, and upon check in I asked if they had any King rooms available. After a few minutes, they were able to place me in a King that was still in the preferred location, so that was great. Bus service was great for the entire stay...we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus...I think we got lucky! We only ate in the resort's food court once for breakfast one morning...it was packed! It is a great food court though...lots of choices and plenty of seating both indoors and out. On the day we were checking out, we called bell services to request luggage assistance and someone was at our door within 10 minutes with a van to give us and our bags a ride to the lobby. We checked our bags in at the airline desk, got our boarding passes for later that night, checked our carry-ons with the bell desk and went off to play in the parks for the day. All in all, another great stay at the Caribbean Beach...I know we'll be back!

Room Tip: "Preferred location" rooms are located closest to Old Port Royale where the food court and gift shop are located. Book there for a shorter walk!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cripey
Reviewed December 10, 2012

we just got back from a 10 day stay at this resort, VERY VERY dissapointed! everything is so spread out, you have to allow 1 hour just to get to the dining area. The room was musty smelling and dirty, lousy cleaning service on three occasions even the sinks were not cleaned. This resort is run down the decor looks old and worn as well. I go to disney once a year and this visit made me to not to ever want to come back. I am a business owner and i have to have wi-fi to run my business, can i say i got on the wi-fi one time! made numerous calls to manager and they said we are working on it, we know there is an issue? I had to drive out of resort twice a day just so i could go somewhere and get wi-fi..I lost money on my business the whole time i was at disney due to this and no one seemed to care either. the resort does advertise wi-fi.. I SAY IF IT DOES NOT WORK< PLEASE DONT ADVERTISE IT! YOU NEED TO FIX IT AND CLEAN YOUR ROOMS AND GET THE MUSTY SMELL OUT!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pigeonrivercabin
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The property itself is gorgeous. And large! Beautiful pine trees throughout. Carlos, at the front desk, was excellent. He spent a good amount of time finding us a room right next door to our friends. So the "M" word - Hate to say it, but our room was a little musty. We had a king room and so did our friends, but theirs did not have the mustiness. Food Court was adequate. Had a good meal at Shutters, marred somewhat by our waitress. She spent a little too much time pitching menu items and desserts and not enough time being attentive to things like drink re-fills, steak knives, etc. Our food was very good though. All in all, we had a good time, but we'll probably try Coronado Springs next time as a moderate resort option.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends