I really enjoyed my recent visit to Disney World. The Caribbean Beach Resort was perfectly fine, but it wasn't quite what I'd hoped it be. Briefly, I think the hotel, particularly 1326, could use a little TLC.
Here's what I observed:
1. The room smelled of bleach when I entered. I didn't mind it too much, but it wasn't the most welcoming scent.
2. The air unit showed signs of disrepair (the air was nice and cool)
3. The bathroom counter was scratched in two places
4. The toilet sounded labored/old(?) when I flushed. I had to hold the handle down for quite a long time to ensure it flushed properly.
5. The outlet cover near the second bed was loose.
6. The bedding looked a little old when I pulled back the comforter.
In regards to the resort, I noticed the following:
1. The fact that check-in and the restaurants/shops were in two separate buildings across the property was strange. It's not what I'm used to.
2. Port Royale just felt too far from Barbados to walk. Maybe I'm just being a lazy American, but, after few hours of sleeping the night before my getaway, 3.5 hours of driving, and a big day at Animal Kingdom, I just wasn't up for trying to find my way from Barbados to PR or vice versa when I hadn't even had a chance to get a lay of the land. My suggestion is to have some food items stored in the fridge if you plan to have a long day like I did.
3. NEVER should I receive those scam pizza fliers at a Disney resort, yet I did. I left a note detailing my concern. I know oversights happen, but given how pervasive the problem and given my experience with Disney (I've never seen these fliers on property), I am disappointed.
There were positives
1. Transportation was easily accessible from each of the islands
2. The counter-service restaurant was cute and the food served was good; the seating area seemed small for the resort
3. There was a nice patio outside of my room
4. The furniture in the room was in good repair; the towels were plentiful; the room had a happy energy
5. My Mousekeeper Magda E. did a really nice job. The room was in tip top shape when I returned from MNSSHP early this AM.
Ultimately, given that I was out of the room so much of the time and given that I got an amazing deal on the hotel, I can't complain. I do feel compelled to give the resort a 3 and not a 4 because I know Disney has the resources to fix the issues I've outlined. It also has the Imagineers to come up with a new vision for the CBR, perhaps like the one at PO FQ/RS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando