“Pleasant Family Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
“Pleasant Family Stay”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Family was there in the summer. The room very clean and cozy. All staff at the Holiday Inn were very pleasant and courteous. Breakfast was great with variety for all. The hotel is conveniently located at Disney with shuttles to all the theme parks in about 15 to 20 minutes max, which makes it very easy to get around with the family. I will strongly recommend it for family visitors.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Danjuma O
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Danjuma O,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "All staff at the Holiday Inn were very pleasant and courteous."

Christine Burns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I can only confirm what all the other reviews state; that this hotel is immaculately clean and all who work here do a great job and take pride in what they do. From the moment you arrive, you are greeted by warm and genuine smiles by the valets, who are only to glad to be of assistance. Then once inside reception, again you are welcomed by the friendly and professional reception staff. I could go on, with all departments who are only to glad to be of assistance and provide first class service.
Also a special thank you goes to Darrell on reception who, when we arrived late at night with two tired kids and a mix up over our booking from our travel agent, he put us completely at ease and told us to have a good nights sleep and it would all be sorted out in the morning. Any other hotel could of washed their hands of us. But not this one. And true to his words with the help of the booking team, it was all sorted out! And also we did have that good nights sleep as he recommended!
Many thanks to everyone at Holiday Inn for a great stay.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Chunksdad
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Chunksdad,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "I can only confirm what all the other reviews state; that this hotel is immaculately clean and all who work here do a great job and take pride in what they do." I'll be sure Darrell is recognized for starting your trip off right.

Barcelona
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My family and I have just returned from a 9 night stay at the Holiday Inn, Lake Buena Vista. the hotel is in an excellent location within a 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney. The hotel is very clean, rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. We stayed on a Bed and Breakfast basis and each morning the breakfast was excellent, with a wide selection of hot and cold items. The restaurant staff were very friendly and attentive especially Muellela and Said who met our breakfast needs each morning. Before I arrived I asked for a pool view on a high floor to be able to see the evening Disney fireworks, my request was granted. My only criticism is that guests have to pay for daily parking at the hotel which can work out a little expensive.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank NinjaNanLancashire
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear NinjaNanLancashire,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "The hotel is very clean, rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable." I will be sure Muellela and Said are recognized for their outstanding service.

Bangor, Maine, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling from anywhere! We had such a great time during our week with them that by the end, the staff felt like family. The restaurant was wonderful as was the gift shop and the ticket sales desk. Our room was very clean, cool, and comfortable. There was one night that my husband and I needed to go to a convenience store and asked Christina at the front desk if she could call us a cab. She not only called us a cab, but she called the car service that we had been using all week because she knew we preferred them. While talking with us, she realized that the gift shop in the hotel had the item we needed, just a little more expensive. When she calculated how much we would have spent on a car service versus shopping in the gift shop, she canceled the car service for us. Another fantastic experience we had was with one of the valets named Darren, My son is rather high strung. He has ADHD and sometimes gets his mind set on something and won't stop until he has accomplished that task. Darren saw this and was more than happy to answer all 6000 questions my son had for him everyday! He also told him stories about local wildlife and what it is like living in Florida. As a parent, this made me so very happy. The entire valet staff was always willing to lend a hand, give advice, and even give you an ice cold water while you waited for various shuttle buses and car services. I would not be giving a proper review if I did not mention 2 folks at the restaurant who went above and beyond to make our experience great. Amelia and Said were wonderful!! The pool was always warm and clean. There were always pool towels available, no matter how busy the hotel was. The housekeeping staff were stellar. The hotel was always top notch clean but they were like ninjas. You just never saw them. I would not have minded if I did, but they got their job done and the entire hotel just shined! When we go back in the future, I plan to stay here. I will recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends and anyone else that will listen! I am one very satisfied vacationer, as is the rest of my family!

Room Tip: I would ask for a balcony room for sure. If you sign up for Holiday Inn Rewards, they will upgrade y...
Green Features: They ask that if your towels and linens are not truly dirty that you wait to have them washed to save on wasted water, which we did. They didn't say it verbally but had signs about it.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurie D
Dear Laurie D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say " would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling from anywhere! We had such a great time during our week with them that by the end, the staff felt like family." I will be sure Christina, Darren, Amelia and Said are recognized for going above and beyond.

West Shokan, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

This staff is amazing!!! With the exception of one staff member who checked us in, this place is full of the friendliest, most accommodating people ever!!!! The room was clean, room 711, we are currently on the balcony viewing the Epcot fireworks! We had drinks and an appetizer at the hotel bar (big shout out to Charlotte and Manolo for a great time!) followed by dinner at the hotel restaurant (another shout out to Matt who literally RAN to get a drink when he noticed it was empty and worked do hard). The valet guys were so kind, always welcoming us back when we just walked to the car (particularly Paul, who was remarkably kind)! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat just for the great people who work here!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Kristin R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear your say "This staff is amazing!!!" I'll be sure Charlotte, Manolo, Matt and Paul are recognized for their outstanding customer service.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had a lovely time here. I called the front desk a day before, explained our vacation was for my partner's birthday & how excited we were!

We arrived the next day and were greeted by friendly & smiling staff. The front desk representative, CHRISTINA was incredibly helpful, funny & kind. We arrived 3 hrs. before check in, but she got us a room ready in 30 minutes.

I opened the door to our room..YES! Holiday Inn for the win!

They had 3 balloons, a birthday pin to Disney World & a birthday card. This was so touching & sweet.

IMANE served us for breakfast each morning. She was friendly, efficient, warm and fabulous. She remembered our order of coffee & orange juice every morning, too! She really made our day.

I am a vegan & they had enough fruit to feel satisfied. I would like to see more greens or veggies for breakfast. Buffet options are:
Eggs, meats, sweet rolls, oatmeal, cream of wheat, cereal, waffles, pineapples, watermelon, cantaloupe, melons & omelets.

Shuttles are available to downtown disney & the Disneyworld theme parks. If you miss a bus to downtown disney, just walk. It's an easy walk. I walked it in heels;)

I definitely recommend Holiday Inn. The staff and front desk are incredibly warm, welcoming and kind! We had a wonderful time here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Amira F
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Amira F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are so happy that we were able to make a difference and your partner had a memorable welcome for her birthday trip. Thank you for recognizing Christina and Imane, they will be happy to know you did by saying " She remembered our order of coffee & orange juice every morning, too! She really made our day." We hope you get to come back soon! We will welcome you with open arms.

Veronica Blanco, Sales Manager
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding at the Holiday Inn Orlando Lake Buena Vista this past weekend. I was pleasantly wowed by the service of all the planning and coordinating. Keena and Sara were both beyond helpful and knowledgable and did skip a beat. Drevis who is the Banquet Manager was there through my entire event and was in top of it. I chose to have Latin food for my reception and I must say all my guest were impressed and thought it was all amazing. I did not get the chefs name but she is magnificent. If you are looking to have a simple yet elegant wedding without breaking the bank and being on a budget you should check out the Holiday Inn. They also give you a complimentary room for your wedding night and even the room was very cozy and comfortable. I would recommend 100%. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank elly06513
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Elizabeth C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your wedding. We are so honored we got to host your special day. I'm delighted to hear that Keena, Sara and Drevis were able to make all your dreams come true.

On behalf of the entire team we would like to congratulate you and your husband and we wish you a life time of happiness!