“Very Pleased with Our Stay”

Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Ranked #30 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
“Very Pleased with Our Stay”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My Husband and I spent two weeks at this hotel for our 23rd Anniversary and from check in to check out we had nothing but excellent service.

Jen checked us in and was super friendly and very very helpful. In my asking her my many questions (all of which were answered) I distracted her from giving us our breakfast coupons. Well we had only enough time to get to our room and lay our suitcases down when a knock came on the door, it was Jen and she had all of breakfast coupons and brought them right to us. The room was spacious and clean. We had a room in the wing with a balcony view over the pool.

The pool was nice and relaxing, it was kept very clean and the staff were their to help you with all your needs.

I have to send out a huge Job Well Done to Gary and his staff. We had excellent service from all of our servers but here are a few that we got to know well Imane ,Jina , Sovad ,Ramirez, Mulela, and Amelia. I was so impressed with all the staff and how they all did their job, professionally, quickly and with nothing but big smiles. They all helped one another whenever the need arose. I was particularly impressed with Gary (the manager). Not only did he greet us every morning (except for one Sunday morning) with a friendly smile, a handshake, a conversation on what we had planned for the day or even answer some questions whenever we asked, but he also helped seat people, clean tables, bring down omletes, etc. when they were super busy to make sure everything ran smooth and swiftly. I even watched him bring out a breakfast birthday treat with a candle to a young birthday girl and sing happy birthday to her (which she loved). I know one day in particular he was there 6 in the morning and when we returned from the parks at 8:30 he was still there making sure everything was OK. I was so very impressed. We started every day with Gary and his super staff and wouldn't of wanted it any other way. The buffet was delicious with lots of food to choose from, both hot and cold with omelets made just for you and of course Mickey Mouse Waffles. We didn't have any children with us but I'm sure they would of enjoyed R.J. The Balloon Lady she was there making balloon hats, pets, jewelry, etc. The kids loved it.

The hotel lobby was very eye pleasing and inviting. The front desk was very helpful with giving us directions and/or answering all of our questions.

The hotel has all the things you will need: There is a Disney Store located in the hotel, bus transportation to and from the Disney Parks, an ATM and computer and printer services

We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to Florida. I would recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balocy facing the pool which was very nice to sit out on in the evening.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Lisa B,

First off congratulations on your 23rd anniversary, we are honored that you and your husband spent it at our hotel! With that said, thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I’ll be sure Jen, Imane, Jina, Sovad, Ramirez, Mulela, and Amelia are recognized for their outstanding service. I’ll also do my best to make sure Gary takes a day off, he is very dedicated to making sure each guest has a experience as peasant and memorable as you and your husband had.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back real soon!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
calgary
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I just spent a week(Nov9-16)at this hotel. From the moment we arrived we received outstanding customer service from Paul's friendly greeting to Christina's warm and friendly check in. Our room was extremely clean with coffee, fridge, microwave and free internet and gave us a nice view of the lovely pool and hot tub area as well as a bit of a view to downtown Disney. There is a nice little lounge where you can sit inside or by the pool and have a quiet drink and the dining room had everything we needed for variety and was very good. The pool area is well laid out and never over crowded and hot tub was kept at a nice warm temp, it should be noted that the pool and hot tub had hydraulic chairs to help people in need in and out of water which we thought was a nice touch. This hotel is ideally located and an easy walk to downtown Disney and the other way equal distance are several restaurants and a mini golf. The hotel also had a free shuttle service to all the parks that seemed to run on time every half hour .I can't say enough about all the staff we encountered at this hotel everyone there truly cares and wants you to have a good time. I can't believe that IF you had a problem Gary the manager would not have it looked after immediately. I would highly recommend this hotel for couples or families who want a great friendly getaway. Our special thanks to those involved in the lovely surprise left in our room. But thanks to all who made this a great stay: Gary,Paul,Jay,Alex,Christina Jen,Danny,Jade,Fouad,Said,Lucie,Smirna,Amilia the twins M&Z,Bob the chef the cleaning staff who always left us extra coffee and to all we have not mentioned sorry you all deserve a pat on the back well done.

1 Thank kdmoore
Dear kdmoore,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you enjoyed all we have to offer from the complimentary amenities in your room to the lovely pool. But the music to our ears is the exceptional service you and your wife received. I’ll be sure that Gary, Paul, Jay, Alex, Christina, Jen, Danny, Jade, Fouad, Said, Lucie, Smirna, Amilia the twins M&Z, Bob the chef the cleaning staff are all recognized for their outstanding service.

Sleaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on its trip advisor rating and were not disappointed.
The location is good with plenty of places in walking distance and complimentary bus transport
The room, pool, restaurant etc...nice and clean.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PitchLeveller,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s a pleasure to hear you say “Firstly the staff were all great, happy, chatty and pleased to see you, not normally found in big hotel groups.”

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 18, 2013

it's not a disney hotel, but it's right on disney property - just past downtown disney. the price was reasonable, the hotel was clean and comfortable. the staff was friendly. the only lame thing is that you have to pay to park in their parking lot. where the hell else are you going to park? *shrug* other than that, it was a nice place for an overnight stay in a convenient location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear indymanda,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s a pleasure to hear you found “the price was reasonable, the hotel was clean and comfortable. the staff was friendly.” As for the parking, yes just like our neighboring hotels we do charge but we do not have a resort fee so you can enjoy our complimentary internet, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee, etc, and it’s really free 

Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is our second visit to this Holiday Inn and I must say they are doing an excellent job of making their guest feel at home. Christina at the front desk was wonderful. From our initial call in to verify our reservation, she was very nice. Christina greeted us with a smile, went out of her way to ensure check-in was flawless, provided us all the information we needed and made us feel welcomed. Excellent job, keep up the good work!

The hotel is walking distance to Downtown Disney, breakfast was great and our room was very comfortable. We will be returning for a longer stay in 2/2014.

Dear HappyGuest33073,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I’ll be sure Christina is recognized for her outstanding customer service and for how she “greeted us with a smile, went out of her way to ensure check-in was flawless, provided us all the information we needed and made us feel welcomed”.

Ottawa, ON
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were going to Disney as a little getaway to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and our honeymoon (married June 2013). I sent messages on Facebook, emailed hotel directly and even sent message on here but never got any response back. Not the service I was hoping for. I had called the hotel directly requesting a room away from the elevator and we were put directly between the elevator and housekeeping in 1118. This room didn't have a balcony and the view was probably the worst view the hotel had (I4 and a hotel next door undergoing renovations)Again, my visit was far below what I had hoped it would be. Certainly will not bother to stay here next time we choose a place to celebrate special occasions.

The only positive was the location to Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: Doesn't seem to matter what you request, they give you exactly the opposite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1805, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Springtime38 -

Thank you for being our guests and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We value our guests and your feedback regarding your room requests will help us evaluate our pre arrival communication procedures. In your case, we failed to meet your expectation and sincerely aplogize for the inconvenience you encountered.

We really strive to please each and everyone of our guests and we typically get rave reveiws at our beautiful Holiday Inn Walt Disney World hotel. I would be more than happy to discuss your stay with you personally, please feel free to reach out to me at the contact information below. Thanks again and I hope to talk with you soon.

Hugh Anderson, General Manager
hugh.anderson@ihg.com
407.827.7050
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed November 16, 2013

It's a 40 year old hotel. Granted the hotel went through a much touted $35 mm renovation - 3 years ago - but there's not alot to be done with 40 year old rooms. I was first assigned a horrible room with a half window, a view of the roof and a beat couch that looked like it was installed when the hotel was built. I asked for another room and the super patronizing deck agent relented and gave me one. The second room was much better with a more normal sized closet, a newer couch and a balcony. Granted, the balcony overlooked I-4 but the slight noise didn't bother me. The bath towels, although plentiful, were thin and the amenities are tiny little bottles with an awkward lid. Self-parking is $10 a day and as an IHG Rewards member I got 2 bottles of water. Another note about the desk agents - they could be a little more professional. One agent I approached greeted me with a "what's up?" Really? "What's up"? What's up with that way of talking to a guest?

I'm not sure what niche HI is trying to fit into - this hotel was more like a HI Express, without the free breakfast.

So would I stay here again? Perhaps if I got a low rate like I did on this stay. But Orlando has so many choices I don't know if this would make the cut.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BobZAtlanta_Ga
Vika F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello BobZAtlanta_Ga,

First, thank you for your review of our hotel. Second, let me apologize for the way you were treated by the front desk staff. Curling under a rock may be easy after reading your comments about my agents. However, our service can not improve if I do not hear from our guests about a problem experienced during their stay.

I know there are many choices in Orlando for you to stay, but I would definitely like to make it up to you the next time you're in town. I can be reached by email: vika.fifita@ihg.com or phone: 407-828-8888 ext. 2117.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,