“Clean, Friendly and Convenient”

Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Ranked #30 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sarasota, Florida
“Clean, Friendly and Convenient”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We usually camp at Fort Wilderness, however, we were on a tight schedule and decided to stay at this hotel. The reviews were good and so we tried it. GOOD choice. The staff is very accomodating and the room was very clean. Also, regular bus service to all the parks was excellent. I would personally like to thank Helenn, John and Joaquin in the Palm Breezes restaurant. Very prompt and friendly service. The breakfast buffet was a good choice for our family. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 428j0seph_p
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear 428j0seph_p,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased to hear you felt your stay with us was a "GOOD choice".

I will make sure that Helenn, John and Joaquin in the Palm Breezes restaurant get recognized for their "Very prompt and friendly service".

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back real soon!

Senior Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (864)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dronfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights & we were really pleased with everything.

The staff were all very friendly & check in was very efficient, they even gave us all a cold bottle of water each. We asked well before our visit that we could have adjoining rooms or rooms next to each other & adjoining rooms is what we got. Very pleased with this. We were placed on the 9th floor overlooking the pool & so at night we had a fantastic view of the fireworks at EPCOT & of Downtown Disney.

You can walk to Downtown Disney in 5 minutes & it's quite a pleasant walk.

The hotel had a very good breakfast buffet (we paid for room & breakfast) with plenty to offer. I must say that there was an omelette station where a very hard working chef cooked individual omelettes to their order & then also rushed around taking them to the people that had ordered one - he was constantly busy but still remained nice & cheerful.

It also included a well stocked Disney shop in case you had forgotten anything from the parks!

Shuttles were also included to all Disney parks & then also to downtown Disney in the evening.

You have to pay to park at the hotel but when added to the price of the room it still works out cheaper then staying at the actual Disney hotels. It was in a great location & so close to the shops (Premium Outlets etc) & also to International Drive.

I would love to stay longer here to make the most of the lovely huge pool & that it included a lot. Can't wait to come back!

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank JoJonahEmmy
Dear JoJonahEmmy,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased to hear you "were really pleased with everything".

It's great to hear that you enjoyed all we have to offer from the location, to breakfast and our very popular pool. Most importantly is that we were able to accommodate your adjoining room request and that you found "The staff were all very friendly & check in was very efficient".

We look forward to welcoming you back al soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel and apart from a few minor spots we actually are quite satisfied with our stay. Obviously the biggest pro is its location. The hotel is a 5-10 min walk to Downtown Disney, there are free shuttles to all Disney parks that run every 30 minutes, and it is also 5 min drive to outlet malls, shops and restaurants. If you can rent a car, Universal Studios and Sea World are actually not too far away. Getting a taxi from the hotel is easy too.

Our room was upgraded so we got a nice view of greens and Downtown Disney. We had free wifi and the room also comes with mini bar & a microwave. No free breakfast for the room though, but they do serve room service or buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant. There is also a Disney cum convenient store at the lobby that sells basic toiletries and over-the-counter medicines. Also worth noting is that you can buy Disney park tickets at the hotel, though I'm not sure how it works.

What I found annoying was that no shower cap was given in the room and I had to specially request for it. There was also lack of hooks in the bathroom to hang your clothes and towels when we need to shower and change. The design of the wardrobe also gave us very little space to hang our clothes which we found it quite bothersome, not sure how other travellers who stayed for weeks cope with that.

Staffs are generally friendly and helpful in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MichMooi
Dear euMich,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased to hear you had a great stay from the location to the "nice view of greens and Downtown Disney" you enjoyed from your room.

Thank you for your comments in regards to the lack of hooks and storage in the guest rooms, I promise you this issue is being addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Shropshire
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just got back from stopping here for 4 nights we already had a hotel booked for our stay on International drive but decided to stop at a hotel a little closer to Disney while we did the Disney theme parks.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a very helpful and pleasant receptionist I believe Christina was her name we asked if we could leave the bags with them while we did a park and then come back and check in later when we got back (it was around 9am and check in wasn't till after 4pm) and she checked to see if there was a room available which there was and let us check in there and then this made it a lot easier for us allowing us to have a full day at Magic Kingdom without worrying about coming back and sorting out checking in and sorting out our bags.
Our room was a standard room with 2 queen beds and no balcony it was spacious enough and also very clean, the beds were comfy and there was no noise from any other rooms it also had good air con which was nice and quite while keeping us cool although next time I think we will book one with a balcony as we regretted not having one once we was there.
Downtown Disney is within easy walking distance I read an earlier review that said you have to cross 2 busy roads you can get there just crossing the busy road once also its a pedestrian crossing so its not as if your playing chicken.
Another great point about the hotel is the shuttle service to and from the parks this really is a great service we never had any problems getting to or from any park with the max wait for the coach being 30 minutes (and that's if you just literally missed the coach before)
The only negative of our stay was the service at the bar we went in there 4 times and every time the service was either extremely slow or they just didn't acknowledge you which was a real shame because every other member of staff we passed or came into contact with were really polite and made you feel really welcome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike C
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Mike C.
Thank you for the kind remarks on your recent TripAdvisor post about our hotel. I’m glad you found the Holiday Inn such a “Great Hotel” and “perfect for a Disney Vacation”. Those words certainly mean a lot to all of us here at the Holiday Inn as we try to offer the best hospitality in the Disney market. You did an excellent job mentioning several of the key advantages and amenities that our hotel has to offer. I’m also happy that Christina was able to help you out upon your arrival. I’ll make sure Christina gets recognized for her helpfulness. I also appreciate your feedback about our bar area. I apologize for the less than satisfactory service. Trust me as I tell you, we are already looking into this matter.
Thanks again for your positive post and hopefully we’ll be able to host you on your next visit to the Disney/Orlando area.
Best regards,
Michael Minyon
Area Director of Finance
Ohio
Reviewed August 22, 2013

There are Disney properties that one can stay at while at the Magic Kingdom but I've tried that before. But then you can stay at a property just a tad bit further that is constructed better and the amenities are better. This particular Holiday Inn is definitely starting to show some wear even though it was redone in the not too far past. The staff is first rate especially housekeeping. They provided a very clean room every night of our stay. One difficult issue during our stay was a huge family reunion. The family rented two buses to bring everyone. Unfortunately they got a little rowdy and tended to ignore the fact that there were other customers within the property. This can happen just about anywhere. The staff handled it as best they could.

Really nice pool although the filtration system seems to be taxed or maybe needs some maintenance. It didn't change the fact that the pool is very nice and inviting. The restaurant is the typical hotel type. Very good food at a premium price. But hey....you're on vacation.

The Disney transportation system was right on time every half hour so getting into and out of the parks is a breeze. A real plus especially when you consider you get the same service at the Disney hotels for a much higher price. Another good feature about this hotel is the location. It is very close to Downtown Disney for those wanting an evening of shopping or partying. And in the other direction is a grocery store a few restaurants and other retail outlets outside the park that provide for a good alternative to the high prices inside the park.

Bottom line...this is a good choice for a family looking for a break from the high prices of staying in Disney properties while staying on the Disney property.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank roborant
Dear Roborant,
Thank you for your kind words about the Holiday Inn during your recent post. We’re particularly happy to hear you say you’d “Definitely Stay Again”. That’s great news. That’s why we all chose to work in the Hospitality field. I was really grateful to see that you pointed out so many of our great hotel amenities and you understand what a great value our property is in this Disney market. I also appreciate your feedback about the difficult issue you encountered during your stay. I was happy to hear that our staff tried to handle it for you the best they could.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and we look forward to service you, your family, or friends on your next visit to the Disney/Orlando area.
Michael Minyon
Area Director of Finance
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Yes a great two weeks very comfortable and very very convenient for downtown Disney and the whole Disney complex well worth a stay here especially if you are a priority club member as I would realy stay here again when next in the area

• Stayed August 2013
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear mitchg,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased to hear you had a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Thanks again!
Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night as an unplanned visit to the downtown Disney area. Made my reservation thru direct hotel booking, was told AAA rate I requested was accurate info. Later found out I should have gotten breakfast for two included, upon check in, spoke with front desk, female indicated she was sorry but made no attempt to satisfy or resolve issue. Then a manager happened by and she was pleasant, professional and noted that we were Hotel Members and offered to correct the situation. She also moved our room location and gave us the included late check out, though we did not use it. The hotel itself is close to downtown Disney. the price is actually the same or even a little more than Disney Moderates on sight. If I were looking to visit parks and wanted the "disney feel" immersion, I would not choose this hotel. That being said, the hotel was clean, beds comfy and overall average to good. You can walk to DTDisny, but I would not do it with strollers or elderly or handicapped. Its about ten minutes to the Rainforest cafe side and to get to the pleasure Island side is even longer. You are also crossing two large streets. The room itself, balcony overlooking pool was well equipped and the beds were comfy, choice of pillows was a nice touch. There were large buses a group trip at the hotel upon our arrival tho we checked in timely despite the previous mentioned glitch. The restaurant is located in the main section first floor of the hotel. there is also a nice Disney type store for nick knack etc. Prices typical, The restaurant was a short wait, polite and pleasant check in to give our name. the food was okay, the first two being covered under the bkfst add on. However the pricing set up is odd and the wait staff just confused us even more, after asking for a clarification. he was pleasant but appeared overwhelmed with the busy restaurant. We never got the ketchup we asked for. We never got the coffee refills/carafe. My glass of juice had LIPSTICK imprint on it and I was thoroughly grossed out. I mentioned it to the waiter, he did NOT bring me a another??, he forgot? needless to say it went untouched. Now back to the costs, there apparently is a different price for eating from differing area within a buffet Set up. Odd!. And so all I know is I had one person (the other two of us were included free) literally eat some precooked eggs out of a chafing dish and it cost me $12.95, ridiculous to say the least. Even Disney is cheaper, lol! the omelet station and the staff there was very good, Kudo's! they did replenish but we had to go up several times to get something as it ran out (it slips my mind what that was, sorry).
The atmosphere at the hotel was average and thats where it falls short for us. I typically stay moderate to Deluxe when visiting the Disney area, but like I mentioned before.. this was a quick overnight to hit Typhoon lagoon for a day and then travel on. (by the way great place and literally right down the road) Unfortunately this is the type of hotel, in this visit, where visitors hang there laundry out on the balconys and their towels and bathing suits :( Never mind the potential for something to fall on the people below, but it is simply UNsightly and the hotel should review that situation as it is very UNappealing. For that alone, we'd not return.
Nothing like trying to enjoy the beautiful palm trees, lighting and pool area below and seeing all this clothing an such hanging everywhere.
I was originally told that buses were available to go to the parks. I was not told it was scheduled times, by hotel central reservations, NOR was I told that it stops at a specific time when its for the water parks. We had a vehicle, and it turned out not to be an issue, but that can literally make or break a vacation for a family and they should provide ACCURATE detailed information when someone is booking and especially when you ask!
Lastly, upon check out my folio was not received. i called the front desk and they emailed me. I just hope that my CC info was not included on my paperwork because the cleaning staff or the next hotel visitor could have gotten my info/folio!!o
That being said, I would say that if you want a safe, convenient, clean and comfy bed hotel of this stature for a quick nights visit, its a go. However, If you are looking for Disney Ambiance, Disney Feel and atmosphere, check the rates and compare and then make an informed decision. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cre8tiv16
GuestServices1805, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear 1snowiespruce -

Thank you for choosing to be our guest and sharing your review on Trip Advisor. We value your business and sincerely appreciate your sharing your feedback with our hotel regarding your recent stay.

We pride ourselves in offering exceptional customer service to each and every guest, unfortunately in your case we fell short of our goal of complete guest satisfaction. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you've shared and rest assured we've shared your comments with entire team.

Were happy to hear that you enjoyed our spotlessly cleaned rooms and comfortable beds and our great location adjacent to Downtown Disney. Our complimentary and convenient shuttle service to Disney's attractions are typically enjoyed by our guest. Your feedback will help us better communicate with our guest and avoid any future misunderstandings.

Thanks again for sharing your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,