“Great hotel perfect for a Disney Vacation”

Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Ranked #26 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just got back from stopping here for 4 nights we already had a hotel booked for our stay on International drive but decided to stop at a hotel a little closer to Disney while we did the Disney theme parks.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a very helpful and pleasant receptionist I believe Christina was her name we asked if we could leave the bags with them while we did a park and then come back and check in later when we got back (it was around 9am and check in wasn't till after 4pm) and she checked to see if there was a room available which there was and let us check in there and then this made it a lot easier for us allowing us to have a full day at Magic Kingdom without worrying about coming back and sorting out checking in and sorting out our bags.
Our room was a standard room with 2 queen beds and no balcony it was spacious enough and also very clean, the beds were comfy and there was no noise from any other rooms it also had good air con which was nice and quite while keeping us cool although next time I think we will book one with a balcony as we regretted not having one once we was there.
Downtown Disney is within easy walking distance I read an earlier review that said you have to cross 2 busy roads you can get there just crossing the busy road once also its a pedestrian crossing so its not as if your playing chicken.
Another great point about the hotel is the shuttle service to and from the parks this really is a great service we never had any problems getting to or from any park with the max wait for the coach being 30 minutes (and that's if you just literally missed the coach before)
The only negative of our stay was the service at the bar we went in there 4 times and every time the service was either extremely slow or they just didn't acknowledge you which was a real shame because every other member of staff we passed or came into contact with were really polite and made you feel really welcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike C
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Mike C.
Thank you for the kind remarks on your recent TripAdvisor post about our hotel. I’m glad you found the Holiday Inn such a “Great Hotel” and “perfect for a Disney Vacation”. Those words certainly mean a lot to all of us here at the Holiday Inn as we try to offer the best hospitality in the Disney market. You did an excellent job mentioning several of the key advantages and amenities that our hotel has to offer. I’m also happy that Christina was able to help you out upon your arrival. I’ll make sure Christina gets recognized for her helpfulness. I also appreciate your feedback about our bar area. I apologize for the less than satisfactory service. Trust me as I tell you, we are already looking into this matter.
Thanks again for your positive post and hopefully we’ll be able to host you on your next visit to the Disney/Orlando area.
Best regards,
Michael Minyon
Area Director of Finance

Write a ReviewReviews (3,659)

Reviewed August 22, 2013

There are Disney properties that one can stay at while at the Magic Kingdom but I've tried that before. But then you can stay at a property just a tad bit further that is constructed better and the amenities are better. This particular Holiday Inn is definitely starting to show some wear even though it was redone in the not too far past. The staff is first rate especially housekeeping. They provided a very clean room every night of our stay. One difficult issue during our stay was a huge family reunion. The family rented two buses to bring everyone. Unfortunately they got a little rowdy and tended to ignore the fact that there were other customers within the property. This can happen just about anywhere. The staff handled it as best they could.

Really nice pool although the filtration system seems to be taxed or maybe needs some maintenance. It didn't change the fact that the pool is very nice and inviting. The restaurant is the typical hotel type. Very good food at a premium price. But hey....you're on vacation.

The Disney transportation system was right on time every half hour so getting into and out of the parks is a breeze. A real plus especially when you consider you get the same service at the Disney hotels for a much higher price. Another good feature about this hotel is the location. It is very close to Downtown Disney for those wanting an evening of shopping or partying. And in the other direction is a grocery store a few restaurants and other retail outlets outside the park that provide for a good alternative to the high prices inside the park.

Bottom line...this is a good choice for a family looking for a break from the high prices of staying in Disney properties while staying on the Disney property.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank roborant

Dear Roborant,
Thank you for your kind words about the Holiday Inn during your recent post. We’re particularly happy to hear you say you’d “Definitely Stay Again”. That’s great news. That’s why we all chose to work in the Hospitality field. I was really grateful to see that you pointed out so many of our great hotel amenities and you understand what a great value our property is in this Disney market. I also appreciate your feedback about the difficult issue you encountered during your stay. I was happy to hear that our staff tried to handle it for you the best they could.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and we look forward to service you, your family, or friends on your next visit to the Disney/Orlando area.
Michael Minyon
Area Director of Finance

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Yes a great two weeks very comfortable and very very convenient for downtown Disney and the whole Disney complex well worth a stay here especially if you are a priority club member as I would realy stay here again when next in the area

• Stayed: August 2013
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear mitchg,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased to hear you had a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Thanks again!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night as an unplanned visit to the downtown Disney area. Made my reservation thru direct hotel booking, was told AAA rate I requested was accurate info. Later found out I should have gotten breakfast for two included, upon check in, spoke with front desk, female indicated she was sorry but made no attempt to satisfy or resolve issue. Then a manager happened by and she was pleasant, professional and noted that we were Hotel Members and offered to correct the situation. She also moved our room location and gave us the included late check out, though we did not use it. The hotel itself is close to downtown Disney. the price is actually the same or even a little more than Disney Moderates on sight. If I were looking to visit parks and wanted the "disney feel" immersion, I would not choose this hotel. That being said, the hotel was clean, beds comfy and overall average to good. You can walk to DTDisny, but I would not do it with strollers or elderly or handicapped. Its about ten minutes to the Rainforest cafe side and to get to the pleasure Island side is even longer. You are also crossing two large streets. The room itself, balcony overlooking pool was well equipped and the beds were comfy, choice of pillows was a nice touch. There were large buses a group trip at the hotel upon our arrival tho we checked in timely despite the previous mentioned glitch. The restaurant is located in the main section first floor of the hotel. there is also a nice Disney type store for nick knack etc. Prices typical, The restaurant was a short wait, polite and pleasant check in to give our name. the food was okay, the first two being covered under the bkfst add on. However the pricing set up is odd and the wait staff just confused us even more, after asking for a clarification. he was pleasant but appeared overwhelmed with the busy restaurant. We never got the ketchup we asked for. We never got the coffee refills/carafe. My glass of juice had LIPSTICK imprint on it and I was thoroughly grossed out. I mentioned it to the waiter, he did NOT bring me a another??, he forgot? needless to say it went untouched. Now back to the costs, there apparently is a different price for eating from differing area within a buffet Set up. Odd!. And so all I know is I had one person (the other two of us were included free) literally eat some precooked eggs out of a chafing dish and it cost me $12.95, ridiculous to say the least. Even Disney is cheaper, lol! the omelet station and the staff there was very good, Kudo's! they did replenish but we had to go up several times to get something as it ran out (it slips my mind what that was, sorry).
The atmosphere at the hotel was average and thats where it falls short for us. I typically stay moderate to Deluxe when visiting the Disney area, but like I mentioned before.. this was a quick overnight to hit Typhoon lagoon for a day and then travel on. (by the way great place and literally right down the road) Unfortunately this is the type of hotel, in this visit, where visitors hang there laundry out on the balconys and their towels and bathing suits :( Never mind the potential for something to fall on the people below, but it is simply UNsightly and the hotel should review that situation as it is very UNappealing. For that alone, we'd not return.
Nothing like trying to enjoy the beautiful palm trees, lighting and pool area below and seeing all this clothing an such hanging everywhere.
I was originally told that buses were available to go to the parks. I was not told it was scheduled times, by hotel central reservations, NOR was I told that it stops at a specific time when its for the water parks. We had a vehicle, and it turned out not to be an issue, but that can literally make or break a vacation for a family and they should provide ACCURATE detailed information when someone is booking and especially when you ask!
Lastly, upon check out my folio was not received. i called the front desk and they emailed me. I just hope that my CC info was not included on my paperwork because the cleaning staff or the next hotel visitor could have gotten my info/folio!!o
That being said, I would say that if you want a safe, convenient, clean and comfy bed hotel of this stature for a quick nights visit, its a go. However, If you are looking for Disney Ambiance, Disney Feel and atmosphere, check the rates and compare and then make an informed decision. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cre8tiv16
GuestServices1805, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear 1snowiespruce -

Thank you for choosing to be our guest and sharing your review on Trip Advisor. We value your business and sincerely appreciate your sharing your feedback with our hotel regarding your recent stay.

We pride ourselves in offering exceptional customer service to each and every guest, unfortunately in your case we fell short of our goal of complete guest satisfaction. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you've shared and rest assured we've shared your comments with entire team.

Were happy to hear that you enjoyed our spotlessly cleaned rooms and comfortable beds and our great location adjacent to Downtown Disney. Our complimentary and convenient shuttle service to Disney's attractions are typically enjoyed by our guest. Your feedback will help us better communicate with our guest and avoid any future misunderstandings.

Thanks again for sharing your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,

L.Hugh Anderson

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is located a few minuted walk from Downtown Disney, HOWEVER- if you're intrested in visiting Universal Studios and you don't have a car- don't bother booking this hotel, since there is no shuttles there, public transportation is complicated and taxi will charge you about 40$. If you're going to visit the Disney parks- it's a great place to stay. The hotel is clean, breakfast is satisfying and staff is very nice. We were on our honeymoon and the staff upgrated us to a nicer room + breakfast, which was very appriciated. We would like to mention especially Anet at the concierge desk which was AMAZING! she was so friendly and helpful, answered every little silly question we had about the parks, gave us great recommendations what to do and where to eat and we were waiting to see her every evening to tell her all about our adventures! for example- when we complained we're having a hard time with the food at the resturaunts, she directed us to her husband- Michael who is the hotel's chef and he made us AMAZING food for our taste! We can honestly say that our experience was really terrific especially because of Anet & Michael who took good care of us! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mayakr

Dear mayakr,

Dear Dando49,

First of congratulations!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are so honored you stayed with us on your honeymoon. Its so nice to hear you enjoyed the rooms, location and most importantly the staff during your stay. We wish you and your wife many years of happiness together and hope your return real soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, and spotless. My room was cleaned for me each day of my stay and I enjoyed a great night's sleep. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, there at every turn to make sure each guests' needs are being met. My most memorable encounter, however would have to have been the pleasant young gentleman who delivered my room service, named Mikey. He had a bright smile on his face when he came to my room and made sure my order was exact before leaving, both days that I had ordered breakfast. This hotel is by far the best Holiday Inn I've stayed at, and I look forward to coming back in the winter.

Room Tip: Avoid The Lower Floors If Possible
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Adele J,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are elated to hear you had such a wonderful experience. Mikey is one of our shinning stars and will be sure to make sure he is recognized for starting your day with a smile.

We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

What a pleasant experience. When we booked this hotel I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but boy was I surprised. The hotel is on Disney property and walking distance from Downtown Disney. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very nice. Our room had a balcony overlooking the pool. Great pool with fountains and even has a jacuzzi. The best part, was the downstairs restaurant. Our server who's name was Said was super helpful, great food, great hot buffet breakfast with omelette station, and best of all the kids eat free! This was huge for us being a family of 5 with 3 kids. The hotel even has a Disney gift shop where you get pass holder discounts. Wonderful experience and we will be visiting again!

Room Tip: Get a tower room in the upper levels if you want to stay in a view the Downtown Disney fireworks, or...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Manny M,

Dear Dando49,

First of congratulations!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with our hotel. Our breakfast is extremely popular as is the kids eat free program and it's great to hear that Said took such great care of you all.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back real soon!