“Best Holiday Inn By Far”

Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Ranked #29 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, and spotless. My room was cleaned for me each day of my stay and I enjoyed a great night's sleep. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, there at every turn to make sure each guests' needs are being met. My most memorable encounter, however would have to have been the pleasant young gentleman who delivered my room service, named Mikey. He had a bright smile on his face when he came to my room and made sure my order was exact before leaving, both days that I had ordered breakfast. This hotel is by far the best Holiday Inn I've stayed at, and I look forward to coming back in the winter.

Room Tip: Avoid The Lower Floors If Possible
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Adele J,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are elated to hear you had such a wonderful experience. Mikey is one of our shinning stars and will be sure to make sure he is recognized for starting your day with a smile.

We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

What a pleasant experience. When we booked this hotel I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but boy was I surprised. The hotel is on Disney property and walking distance from Downtown Disney. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very nice. Our room had a balcony overlooking the pool. Great pool with fountains and even has a jacuzzi. The best part, was the downstairs restaurant. Our server who's name was Said was super helpful, great food, great hot buffet breakfast with omelette station, and best of all the kids eat free! This was huge for us being a family of 5 with 3 kids. The hotel even has a Disney gift shop where you get pass holder discounts. Wonderful experience and we will be visiting again!

Room Tip: Get a tower room in the upper levels if you want to stay in a view the Downtown Disney fireworks, or...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Manny M,

Dear Dando49,

First of congratulations!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with our hotel. Our breakfast is extremely popular as is the kids eat free program and it's great to hear that Said took such great care of you all.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back real soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 10 nights in July/Aug as part of our Honeymoon. Buses to and from all the disney parks and water parks were frequent, and it's such a short distance walk to downtown disney. The Linx stop is oppostite the entrance to Downtown disney, and the 50 drops you to the doors of Sea World and Aquatica. ALL the staff were friendly and very helpful with any queries. Rooms are clean and beds were comfy, though when you come to Disney, your hardly in your room with the amount to do! We ate in the bar/pool a few times and the food and service was great! The grab and go was great, as we grabbed a hot filled roll each morning to save on time. We were a bit lazy in figuring out how to get to Universal, so got taxis each morning at $35 one way.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dando49,

First of congratulations!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are so honored you stayed with us on your honeymoon. We wish you and your wife many years of happiness together and hope your return real soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I'm from Brazil and I travelled with my girlfriend and her 13 yo cousin, we stayed for 8 days. It was our first time in the US and at Walt Disney parks, so it was bound to be magical as could be, therefore the bar was set high and the people at Holiday Inn cut it just perfectly!

The staff is AMAZING, by the time I parked our car I was warmly welcomed by the guys in charge of parking and at the front door. Check-in was not due in a couple of hours, but Danny was very helpful and let us check-in earlier since the room was ready for us (no additional charge).

At any moment they insisted I would hire any additional services as valet parking or breakfast (pretty different from the woman at Alamo, but that's another subject entirely). The self-parking service cost $10 a day (I guess taxes were included, since I saw no extra charges but the actual $10 a day) and was pretty easy to use. They'd give you an access code to the parking lot, you enter your code on the panel by the gate and it opened. You could come and go as you wish.

Everyone at the front desk was ready to promptly help you at anytime. I had some packages sent to me by mail under their address, mostly Amazon orders. Some of them were delivered prior to my arrival and they held it for me no problems. Something worth mentioning that happened to me, if you're planning to send your online orders via UPS or FedEx, they'll get it as soon as your package tracking says 'delivered'. Special remarks for USPS orders, they could get that one day after your tracking ended, as for those they are delivered at a different mail address and they have people at the hotel checking this mail box couple of times every day and bringing mail back to the front desk, where you should claim them. So you don't go crazy thinking your package strayed ;) Christina, Erica, Elvis and Ksenia were all very kind signing and checking for all my mail.

Avelina was in charge of our room keeping and did an impeccable job. We tended to get messy as we were having breakfast in the room (shopped at wal-mart and kept the goods in the refrigerator, it's a good strategy to save money for the outlets) and had our bags scattered all over the place. Toiletries we usually forget to pack are available and are of good quality! Bathroom was squeaky clean and we had no issues showering with hot water. As for the room, we had two twin beds, a refrigerator, a microwave, coffee maker, TV with all the cool channels (don't forget to catch Conan every weekday at 11pm on TBS ;))

We opted to have breakfast at the hotel on our last days. There are three different buffet deals with good variety. The blueberry pancakes were really something =9. It was a very enjoyable morning as Said kindly helped us choose the best deal and even tried some words in portuguese! ;D Tip him well! He's a good guy!

As for the hotel location. I don't think it could have been better. We were visiting two Disney parks, both Universal parks and Sea World. Disney downtown was just across the street, Disney parks and Sea World were a 10-minutes drive away. Universal Studios parks were a half hour drive away. For that matter, every place in Orlando feels like they're at least a 10 minutes drive apart from the next closest place.
The entrance of hotel street features a big mickey mouse and a 'welcome to walt disney resort' sign, there is no missing it. The neighborhood is comprised by another 4 or 5 big hotels and the broad Disney downtown area.

Shopping is not that far away either, premium outlets on Vinelland is pretty close, we used to go there every day to grab something to eat. Florida Mall and Mall at Millenia were a little farther and out of hand, but surely worth the visit!

Checking out was a breeze, they didn't charge for any mailing service, which was cool.

If you're going to visit Disney Land and want the best experience, this is the right place for you to stay! The staff is so friendly it feels like you never left Magic Kingdom ;)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear guibalde,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased to hear that you, your girlfriend and cousin enjoyed your stay. I will be sure that Danny, Christina, Erica, Elvis, Ksenia, Avelina and Said all get the recognition they deserve for their outstanding service.

Again thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, we look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked this hotel based upon location, price and reviews. Overall we were not disappointed, but we were not overly impressed. Our first impression of the hotel was great, we pulled up and were met and assisted by a very helpful and pleasant gentleman. Unfortunately our next experience was less than satisfactory. We had booked our room over 6 months in advance and at that time we requested a 14th floor Downtown Disney View. We also followed up approximately 4 weeks before arrival via e-mail as a reminder. When we checked in, we were told that there were no rooms available. The 14th floor has balcony rails that allow you to see the pool and fireworks while sitting down. All of the other floors have ugly concrete walls. We were very dissapointed, but were too tired to argue the point.

Breakfast: Fantastic. Service was fast, friendly, and very pleasant. There was a wide assortment of breakfast items each day including eggs, bacon, sausages, fruit, potatoes, pancakes, waffles, donuts, grits, oatmeal, bagels, cereal, muffins, etc. Coffee was hot and strong and they always asked if you would like a "to-go" cup, great touch. Special mention has to be made in regard to the omelet station. Not only were the freshly prepared omelets great, but the two young men who prepared the food were FANTASTIC. I do not know what they earn, but give them a raise!!!

Dinner: Even though were were at the hotel for 11 days, we only sampled one quick dinner. The food was decent, but again the service was extraordinary. Due to several allergy issues, the chef came to the table to discuss and assure us that the ingredients would not be an issue. Each item was addressed, and the level of care and concern was amazing.

Grab & Go: Please, put out a list of prices for each item. It seems very odd that we have no way of determining an items cost until we are ready to pay, at which point, with kids, it is already too late to say "no" no matter what the price ends up being. Food was OK, BBQ burgers were actually pretty good, sandwiches not so much. Prices high, but what in Disney isn't expensive? Service in the kiosk was great, but when you had to pay in the bar you were either ignored or made to feel as if you were a bother.

Rooms: Beds were great. Room size, while not huge, were bigger than most Disney rooms and much less expensive. Room was reasonably clean, but once you take a closer look, you do realize that the surface cleaning is all that is conducted. Due to a broken glass, I had the unfortunate experience of being on my hands and knees cleaning the tiled floor. The amount of hair, dirt and other hard to see grim made it obvious that the floors do not get mopped or thoroughly cleaned. Same for the tubs, we cleaned them ourselves, not something we wanted to be doing well on vacation. The addition of a safe was fantastic. It should also be noted that the cleaning staff must be very honest, as we accidentally left our safe open while we rushed out to meet the morning bus. The safe contained our passports, cash, electronics etc. EVERYTHING was still there. Thanks!

BUS TRANSPORTATION: Fantastic, with one small hiccup. Buses were on-time, and got us to and from the parks in a reasonable time-frame. Service was very friendly. The only issue we had in 11 days was when one of the drivers said that he did not want to drive the extra distance to the Holiday Inn from the Hilton and we had to walk. No big deal, but after 12 hours in the park, the extra walk was not appreciated.

POOL:The pool was a good size, and never felt overly crowded. Unfortunately on several occasions, it was closed due to weather, which was not a problem, however a sign may be a good idea.The pool area reasonably clean, but a more thorough cleaning of the pool itself would be nice. Also, the hot tub was not working on several occasions.

Overall the experience was good, but not great, but based on the price, it may be difficult to find better.

2  Thank 12345Winnipeg
GuestServices1805, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear 12345Winnipeg,

Thank you for choosing to be our guest and sharing your review on Trip Advisor. We value your business and sincerely appreciate your sharing your feedback with our hotel regarding your recent stay.

We pride ourselves in offering exceptional customer service to each and every guest, unfortunately in your case we fell short of our goal of complete guest satisfaction. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of not having the room on the 14th floor you requested and the other items you noted in your review. Be assured we've shared your comments with our entire team.

Were happy to hear that you enjoyed our popular breakfast buffet, pool area and our complimentary transportation to all four of the Disney Parks. I'm always thrilled to hear our staff members mentioned by our guests for offering great customer service.

Thanks again for sharing your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

L. Hugh Anderson, General Manager
hugh.anderson@ihg.com

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had asked for 2 connecting rooms for our family, not only did they provide this, but also, both balconies overlooked the pool and Downtown Disney was in view. The hotel was spotless and very inviting. Staff were very children friendly and available when necessary. The pool was perfect for the children, towels available, shade when the sun was at its hottest and a well stocked bar for the adults. Yes, you can walk to Downtown Disney, my daughter did it with her two children,9 and 12 year olds. Individual omelettes, freshly made to order, were included in the buffet breakfast. The 'balloon lady' appeared one morning and created an excellent 'dolphin' for the 9 year old. All in all an excellent hotel, one of the best Holiday Inns we have stayed at.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room overlooking the pool in the Tower Block.

Dear theJBsintown,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are thrilled you and your family enjoyed there stay. It sounds like you were able to enjoy everything we have to offer from our location next to Downtown Disney to the pool and are very popular breakfast.

The balloon lady is just one of the recent enhancements we have made at the hotel to make our guests stays more enjoyable and are pleased to hear she added some extra 'dolphin' magic!

We look forward to welcoming your family back real soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I decided we didn't want to make the long trip back home after a couple of nights at Disney, so we decided to stay at this hotel. I have to say, I am very pleased with what we have experienced! Definitely a good price for the area, the pool looks great from our balcony (although we didn't get to use it due to bad weather), and very reasonably priced. Not to mention, the beds are comfy, the bathroom has just the right amount of space (and nice Bath and Body Works soaps!), and everything is nice and clean! We would definitely come to this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Claudine B, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2016

Dear Brianna S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "I am very pleased with what we have experienced!"

We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Claudine Binz