“Top Notch!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Salisbury, Maryland, United States
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We planned to stay at this property last year and in an error booked at another Holiday Inn, just about a mile away, which was as it turns out a great property - see my other review - but, we wanted to stay here, knowing that they had an extensive renovation and this is considered a Disney Property which has some advantages beyond location. We arrived here at 2 PM a couple of hours before check in and our room was ready. It was so nice to check in with no line at the front desk. Crystal checked us in efficiently and made us feel welcome and at ease. She really knows what she is doing which is a testament to the training and management priorities.

We elected to use the "Free from fees" rate, which includes parking (usually $10) resort fee ($12 I think) and breakfast. This is a really good deal because the breakfast includes "kids eat free" - more about that later.

Our room was ready and cleaned nicely. It was unremarkable, except to say were were in the smaller building on the top floor (6th) room 620 which was nicely close to the elevator yet free from noise. There is a pay to use laundry right across the hall. NOTE: the ice machines are on odd floors only. There is a coke machine where soda is $2.75 and takes credit cards only. A real Disney store is downstairs, with some nice souvenirs, but you can get better prices on snacks at the Wynn Dixie about 5 minutes drive.

The room had a small microwave and a medium size frig. The TV was a new big flat screen with typical addons, BUT the TV did respond faster then some of the ones with hotel packages I have used recently. ALSO, one really cool feature - you can get first run movies rented right in the room - some of which are still in local theaters. The cost is $5 for some older ones to $18 for new. We didn't rent, but I watched some shows on my iPad using the free in room WiFi and my xfinity app.

The room had two full size beds with both soft and firm pillows, all very comfortable. Plenty of closet space, two chairs, a working safe and coffee maker and supplies. The bathroom door was a bit clumsy, but not a big deal. GREAT water pressure at shower time. I liked the shampoo provided. We were one short on towels, but the room cleaner (who left her name for us) left a note where we could check what we needed, and when we returned after the next day's activities, all we needed was waiting for us.

Pool was really nice, with two 25 yard lanes for laps.

BREAKFAST - we elected to prepay for the breakfast buffet (about $10) the menu price listed it as $17. Our son ate for free as part of the deal. This is the best breakfast ever, except for the Marriott Crabtree Valley (see my other review) but half the price! We did not have a wait for seating and took full advantage of the cook to order egg bar - I got mine over easy (perfect!) and saw many folks with omelets looking great. There is a place to make fresh Belgian waffles. I know lots of hotels have waffles, these are the high quality ones like you get at a better restaurant and get this - they are shaped like Mickey! There is real butter on the buffet along with some typical pastry, but higher then usual quality. Plenty of fresh melon and berries, lots of breads with a conveyor toaster. There is also a section with 6 hotel pans (steam table) with different choices daily like pancakes, french toast, bacon etc. The bacon was a highlight as was the french toast.

Overall I really liked the buffet for quality, selection, well stocked, hot, delicious, fair price, and big time saver.

Finally, there are Disney provided shuttles that run every 30 minutes. The first one goes to the Magic Kingdom and Disney Studios starting at 8 AM. We did not take it but understand that it is shared with another hotel. On the half hour (starting at 8:30) is a bus that goes to EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. Traffic gets heavy at times which an delay the bus so if you are going to use it, GO EARLY and STAY LATE. If not, pay the $15 for parking at the parks.

BOTTOM LINE - great property - stay here with confidence. Last note - it is close enough to walk to Downtown, but either drive or take the bus that starts in the evening.

Room Tip: The tower rooms can see some of the late fireworks - be sure you are on the correct side of the buil...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank alfeg87
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Alan G,

Thank you for your VERY detailed review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property! You touched on some things we are very proud to offer our guests and are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!

Thanks again!
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (855)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

"It was all there but lacking" is how i felt about my experience. I am usually a very forgiving traveller. But something about the service in this place made me write the review.

The first impression of the room was newly painted walls and newly done bathroom but room was lacking in space. The phone took some "figuring out" to call even the room service or front desk. The guest service near the front desk were there but lacking in value. When i asked for some suggestions on how best to spend the evening when we arrived the first day, the response was "we are in the middle of a shift change. Why dont you ask the valet/door man or come back in 15 minutes" - that was the first time i have ever received such a creative answer. I came back after 15 minutes and the same person appeared to be too busy organizing the brochures to talk to me. There were 4 of us staying in the room but not as many bath towels. So we had to use the phone to call front desk, but as i said the phone took some figuring out. So the first day we pretty much had to walk down to the front desk to ask for basic stuff. The phone was there but lacking in functionality.

Another big factor for me was the "complementary" breakfast. I booked this hotel in the first place because of the "complementary" breakfast. But by the time we reached there, the "complementary" went lacking. We had to pay $17 + tips per person for breakfast.

I have always preferred Holiday Inn where ever i have travelled because of the exceptional quality of service. But I cannot say the same of this location.

Spend your money in another hotel in the area. The service at this hotel definitely leaves you with the impression of lacking.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TexasMom764
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear TexasMom764,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay!

We rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short and I simply ask for the opportunity to speak to you and come to a resolution. Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced. The guest service counter near the front desk is actually Orange Lake Resorts and not Holiday Inn employees. I am as disappointed as you in their response. I have forwarded your comments to the Director of Local Marketing for Orange Lake Resorts to express my concern. I’d also like to apologize for any misunderstanding about a complimentary breakfast. We do not offer that, but our Holiday Inn Express properties do. We have an extensive all you can eat fresh buffet with Mickey-shaped waffles and cook-to-order omelets by our Chef. There is a charge for this, but we do offer several great value-add packages such as our “Freedom from Fees” package which includes breakfast. And as always, “Kids Eat Free” at Holiday Inn. If you would like to discuss this matter in further detail, please contact me at 407-828-8888.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you visit Orlando!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was the first time have stayed in this hotel. We normally stay at Port Orleans on Disney property but didn't want to pay the new prices this year. We did, however, want to be on Disney property and this resort is inside the "World". From the parking staff to the housekeeping staff everything was wonderful. The hotel is basically brand new after a huge renovation and everything looked new and ultra premium! The room is large and the bedding perfect. We will be coming back often! Thank you Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are beautiful for views. Garden wing good for quiet solitude.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WDWCastof1
Dear Erin C,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your feedback!

We truly appreciate all of the great comments about our hotel and staff and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the "World"!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating in ever facet of a typical hotel stay... The food was delicious from the restaurant (chicken wings especially)... The pool was larger than I thought and nice, as well.

• Stayed June 2013
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Jchoagie,
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you’ll be back to visit with us in the near future. I was very happy to hear how much you enjoyed our restaurant and pool area. Best of all were your comments about how friendly and accommodating our staff was. We really do hear this a lot, but it never gets old. We believe this is what separates our hotel from the many, many, other hotels in the Orlando/Disney market. Thanks for stating that in your review.
Michael Minyon
Area Director of Finance
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My agency hosted a three and a half day training at this hotel in April and I was highly impressed by the level of dedication that the staff had to meeting the needs of their guests. We arrived without an extension cord and they had one waiting in the room for us after I mentioned it once.The ballrooms were lovely with fun modern lighting. The food we delicious, and was set up and served on time every time. The Banquet Manager, Drevis Gutierrez, saw to our every need and gave personal attention to each participant and trainer. In addition to this our participants enjoyed the free shuttles to all of the Disney theme parks, and the trainers enjoyed dinner by the pool. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and highly recommend it to anyone looking to host an event in Orlando.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Erin C,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your feedback!

We truly appreciate all of the great comments about our meeting facilities, food, set up and most of all our service. Drevis is a great leader and truly understands service...thank you for recognizing him!

We hope to host your group once again and look forward to welcoming you back to Orlando soon!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at this great hotel, we usually stay at the WD resorts but this time stayed here. What a Great choice. Loved the location. The bellman I think his name was Alex was Great! The room clean and comfortable and the staff was excellent. We loved the pool area. We found a new home. We will be back in March for spring break.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roberta J
Dear Roberta J,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your feedback!

We truly appreciate all of the great comments about clean rooms, comfort, pool and most of all our service. Alex "the Great" is definitely an asset to our team and embraces service. Thank you for recognizing him and I'll make sure he gets rewarded.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Orlando on your next Spring Break...if not sooner!

Galloway, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We just completed a five night stay with two young granddaughters. Our visit far exceeded our expectation. We found the rates most reasonable for a Disney experience. The staff throughout the hotel was welcoming, pleasant, and helpful. The bus shuttle was timely and efficient. The kids enjoyed the pool. We found this hotel to be one of the quietest that we ever slept in. No creaking pipes, slamming doors, or road noise disturbed us. We ate at the breakfast buffet every morning and found it delicious and offering a wide selection. Kids ate free and could also enjoy the buffet options. Especially helpful was the F/B Manager, Gary. He made his presence known in the dinning room directing his staff, greeting guests, and being an all around host for this hotel and the H.I. chain. Our girls thank him for his favor of helping to make a wish come true. When I read some of the very few negative comments that travelers have made of this hotel, I am left scratching my head. Great job!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Neil J
Dear Neil J,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your feedback! I'm happy you and your granddaughters enjoyed your stay with us!

We truly appreciate all of the great comments about free Disney shuttle service, pool, quietness, breakfast buffet, our "Kids Eat Free" benefit and especially recognizing our friendly staff. Gary is a great leader and truly understands service...thank you for recognizing him!

I'm glad we could make some wished come true and we look forward to welcoming your family back to Orlando soon!