“Great Stay”

Ranked #31 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn; never mind staying outside of the "disney resorts." I found this hotel by my AAA representative. From the moment we pulled up, Alex, the bellman made us feel welcome. He is an asset to the hotel. His personality was refreshing! I checked in @ 0900 and our room was ready. The package I purchased included two adult breakfasts and a $25 gift card, and free self parking. I was able to obtain the vouchers for the breakfast and the parking, but getting the gift card was tricky.

I was told that a manager was unavailable and to come back later and it would be ready. Our room was clean, the hotel was clean. I returned later that evening after being in Disney all day, only to find out, the gift card was not there and that I "just missed" the manager. I was asked to return the next morning. This was a little tough, but I was given the gift card. As I was reading through the hotel informational book, I was surprised to read "if you have an issue, please call the front desk and ask to speak to a manager." Not sure why the gift card was not presented to me at check in.

Our breakfast was included for two adults; however, we had to purchase 2 days of breakfast for the 3rd adult staying. The breakfast was very expensive. The buffet was good, but not worth $17 and if you wanted to have either the waffle bar or omelet bar with fruits, toast, ect, this was $12.95. The first day, the breakfast was not explained too well. I did not order juice ($2.95 for 8oz), only to find out the next day that it was included. after breakfast the second day, I found out that we could have ordered off of the menu; this was never offered to us.

I will have to say that the man making the omelets is out of this world.... Feelix needs to be in a higher position; his personality set the stage for an excellent day, despite the rain that was heading our way. The omelets were wonderful. Amelia was also wonderful. The staff was friendly and kind (outside of the front desk).

Next time, I go to Disney, I will stay here again. There is a free shuttle every 30 minutes to the various parks, and if you take a right outside of the parking lot, there is numerous chain restaurants to eat in...
Lisa
Cape Cod MA

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor near the elevator and did not hear any noise. The room had a mini fridge...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Claudine B, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, January 11, 2016
Dear Lrealnurse4,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "Next time, I go to Disney, I will stay here again"

Thank you for your feedback on our staff and your experience with our rooms package. We will make sure these issues are addressed with the proper departments so we can continue to deliver high quality service.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
King, North Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I travel for business and stay in several hotels monthly, I have never been treated as nice as I was treated by Chrystal at this Holiday Inn, see was the best. The hotel was very nice, very nice pool area and a killer breakfast buffett. The hotel had shutte to downtown disney and we rode it down and walked back, a short stroll of about 20 minutes. I will be back at this hotel as a guest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JB N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "The hotel was very nice, very nice pool area and a killer breakfast buffet."

Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was recently refurbished and in the Downtown Disney area. The remodeling is very tasteful. Every one of the employees were very pleasant, and one in particular was exceptional--Imane. Unfortunately, our long-awaited vacation was marred by the last night. We had not been advised that a large group of men had overtaken the hotel and reserved the pool for the entire day and night, until 1 a.m. The night was made worse because we had been given a "free" upgrade with a pool view--and the music was disco loud. However, the management of the Holiday Inn removed the charge for that night, making the unfortunate situation tolerable. I suggest calling before making a reservation to inquire about planned events, in order to avoid a similar situation.

Room Tip: Check with hotel for scheduled events before requesting a particular room...for example, you don'...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudine B, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, April 11, 2016
Dear HappySeniorFlorida,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Los
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We (a group of 2 families) stayed at the Holiday Inn for 6 nights on a trip to WDW. The hotel was overall very nice. The room was on the 9th floor and very well kept each day. Our room faced Downtown Disney (DD) on the 9th floor. Far in the distance we could see Expedition Everest as well as the Swan and Dolphin hotels. Closer, we had a view of the hustle and bustle of DD. The Wyndham across the street blocked our view of Epcot and beyond. The staff was genuinely caring, from the greetings at the breakfast buffet to the welcome in the Disney operated store and to the front desk.

The mini-fridge was a welcome part of the room. The coffee maker not so much. There is no in-room or kiosk checkout; I hope management will add those options.

We tried the breakfast buffet on the first morning. There was a nice selection of bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles, grits, etc., plus an omelette station (OJ is an extra buck); a bit pricey but definitely give it a try, and kids do get to eat free with a paying adult. They also offer a continental breakfast buffet (no meat items) for a lower price. We would then walk to Earl of Sandwich in DD to pick up food to bring into the park. Being close to DD is a distinct advantage of the Holiday Inn.

The walk isn't bad, except for the summer humidity. It was really hot. Sweat in the morning. Don't go in the summer if you can't stand to sweat. To get to DD, the walk will go by the Hilton (which is a block closer to DD). Consider walking through the Hilton to cool off and admire the Mickey bronze in the lobby, and to get Starbucks-logo coffee.

After picking up sandwiches from the Earl, we would wait for the free bus at the Hilton. No need to walk back to the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn bus is part of the DD transportation system which is separate from the WDW Transportation system. The bus stops at 4 hotels in the following order (all on the same side of the street): Hilton, Holiday Inn, Royal Plaza, and Double Tree. There are 2 buses; one goes to (in order) Epcot and the Studios, and the other goes to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. The buses are on a 30 minute schedule, so if getting quickly to and from the parks is important, then a car may work better.

As for how this compares to other hotels, this is of course not the same as one of the premium Disney hotels or the Swan/Dolphin (for reference, we've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and the Dolphin on previous trips); none of the DD hotels are on the same par. However, if you don't mind the lack of theming, and if you are looking for a hotel with all the amenities and care of an upper-tier hotel at a reasonable price, and still 'within' the Disney sphere, then consider this property. Especially consider this Holiday Inn over the Disney value resorts, and even the intermediate resorts.

1 Thank G S
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, March 28, 2016
Dear G S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "The staff was genuinely caring, from the greetings at the breakfast buffet to the welcome in the Disney operated store and to the front desk."

Christine Burns
Director of Sales & Catering
Good Hope, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We usually stay at a Disney Resort on Disney grounds but since we were only there for 2 nights we decided to try an off property hotel and I'm glad we did. This hotel is amazing and has all the benefits of a Disney hotel except for the Extra Magic Hours. It provides bus trasportation to all parks and picks you up when you are done. The only thing is when you want to got to the Magic Kingdom, the bus drops you off and picks you up at the TTC, but that is not a big deal. From the first time you pull onto the property of this hotel you will be amazed. The valet parking attendants ant the bellmen are all so nice and helpfull as well as the front desk people. The pool is wonderful. We didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant but the food looked and smelled wonderfull. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was also a good size. The only problem we had during our stay was the water pressure in the shower. Sometimes it would go completely down to nothing and sometimes it would only be hot water or cold water. But that will not stop us from staying at this property again. We also had a balcony and it was nice to go and sit outside and watch the rain and everything else around us. You can choose to get a view of Downtown Disney or a view of the Magic Kingdom but they do charge more. Our view was still good, we could actually the coasters at Universal and of course all the traffic on I-4, but we never heard any traffic while we were sleeping. If you are looking for a hotel near Disney but son't want to pay Disney prices then I highly recommend this hotel. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the Tower rooms if you don't mind not having a Disney views.
Dear RobynBrent P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "From the first time you pull onto the property of this hotel you will be amazed."

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I took my family to DisneyWorld and we spent a week at the Holiday Inn near Downtown Disney. We had a great time and the hotel was very nice. The beds were comfortable and the room had extra outlets for cell phone chargers and iPads. This is our second stay at this location and the staff was very friendly, especially in the restaurant. The room rate was very reasonable (less than I've paid at some HI Express locations).

Dear John29123,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our family spent the week in Orlando visiting the various parks and couldn't have been happier with our experience at this hotel. Rooms were comfy, clean, and quiet. Beds are so comfortable with most Holiday Inn's - this was no exception, with your choice of pillow type (soft or hard).

We requested at time of reservation to have a top floor and it was waiting for us. Breakfasts were outstanding and plenty of variety. They were generous with the coffee and gave us to-go cups. Everyone on the staff was extremely friendly and service-oriented. The restaurant and the grill both offered up excellent foods and happily provided substitutions when asked.

The location was perfect for the parks, too! It was no more than a 10 minute drive to Discovery Cove, Seaworld and Aquatica and there was the free shuttle to Epcot / other parks.

My only complaint is that you have to pay for parking. It's a hassle. Just up the price of the room $10 if you want the money and let me come and go when I want. Parking should be something included, not an extra. But, I know many hotels in bigger cities are doing this now ... I just don't care for the practice.

Room Tip: I always request top floor away from the elevator when traveling. Usually my request is honored.
Green Features: They have the standard practices of not replacing towels / changing linens unless you request it. They also used glass vs. throw-away cups for the room.
Dear Kristine B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "couldn't have been happier with our experience at this hotel!"