“Great Hotel without the Disney Pricing.”

Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Ranked #31 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hope Island, Australia
“Great Hotel without the Disney Pricing.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We choose to stay at this hotel because it was a lot cheaper than staying in a Disney Resort.
We weren't disappointed with the quality or service which was great. Had an large pool & excellent shuttle service running from early morning to Disney closing every day. Downtown disney was only a 10min walk away which was dangerous for the credit card.
We would certainly stay here again & it saved us a lot of money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ozmuzziemoo
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear ozmuzziemoo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive & candid review regarding our property. We always look forward to hear back from our guests and it is very nice to know that you were not disappointed with the quality & our service, and were able to enjoy the swimming pool and shuttle service.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Orlando.

Thank you again for your wonderful review!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (871)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is located across the street from Downtown Disney. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff is outstanding. Alfred, our desk clerk, called us by name each day. The breakfast was very good and the service great. The price was very reasonable for this location. We especially enjoyed the swimming pool.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor with a courtyard view. It was great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear retired22,

Thank you so very much for your 5 star review regarding our Hotel!!

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback. Our staff always looks forward to hear back from our guests and we'll make sure that Albert is recognized in some special way!

We hope you come stay with us next time you are in Orlando.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and I can tell that this is not your standard holiday inn hotel. The staff was great and helpful and for the duration of my stay I kept seeing maintenance painting different parts of the hotel. Its very well maintained. At one point I called the frint desk to report a problem with my toilet and to my surprise someone from engineering came to fix it immediately. Truly first class service.

• Stayed April 2013
Greetings NunyaB2013,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us!!!

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our facilities so accommodating.

Thank you for your 5 star review, as our staff does enjoy hearing back from our guests!!

Please feel free to contact me directly or any of our Management Staff for any future requests or inquiries.

We hope to see back soon!!

Josue Padilla
Executive Housekeeper
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is not your typical Holiday Inn Hotel. I stayed at this hotel while attending a meeting and I was pleasantly surprised. Great staff well maintained and great service. I experienced a problem with my toilet and two minutes after I called the front desk Aliseo came up and took care of it. I have never experienced such friendly staff and first class service. This is a 5 star property in my opinion. Will be coming back Soon...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vika F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Greetings Rachel C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5 Star Review of our hotel. Our Engineering Staff is barely mentioned in any reviews, so I am glad that Eliseo was able to assist you in a timely manner. I am glad that because you were here for a meeting, you stayed with us and the staff surprised you in a good way. See you again soon!

Best Regards,

Vika Fifita
Front Office Manager
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Excellent stay at this property-I would absolutely return for it's cost, comfort and location.
My stay was for a conference being held onsite-I have to say that the service and attention for our conference was over the top! I've stayed elsewhere in Orlando for work and this property went out of their way to ensure that all attendees had a great stay. Breakfast and varied snacks were delicious (milk and cookies 1day- ice cream sundaes, another) during our conference and there was always a selection fo coffee, teas and cold beverages. Customer Service was spectacular!

This isn't a large hotel but it was in use for 2 different professional groups, as well as many families on vacation. The buses to the WDW parks and Downtown Disney were great-easy to access and on time. The onsite Disney Store sells tix to WDW parks and other goodies.

The beds were more comfortable than any of the WDW reorts proprties I have visited in the past-you also have your choice of firm/soft pillows. The tower room, as well as common area and restrooms were all pristine. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!
Pool area was nice-although I only visited for a few hours before departing.
The only downside was the onsite restaurant-the service was sometimes slow and we found the menu to be limited, and consistency of items to only be fair. Best item I had was the Caprese Sandwich. We accessed the hotel next door for lunch dinin gone day (It was excellent!) aswell as Downtown Disney restaurants.
I would bring my family to this hotel for an Orlando Stay-loved it.

Room Tip: some rooms have balconies
Green Features: Conference rooms offer filtered water with ice and glasses instead of bottled water.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vanchelle
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Vanchelle,
Thank you for the nice review. I’m glad you had such a pleasant experience while staying with us and felt the cost, comfort, and location of our hotel were excellent. Our Banquets & Catering staff really does provide service that is “over the top” as you put it. The size of our hotel does limit us from hosting extremely large conferences, but the conferences that we do handle get the full attention of our friendly and creative banquet staff.
Thank you also for commenting on the comfort of the beds, the cleanliness of the public areas, and the on-site Disney amenities. I’m glad you were able to enjoy the pool even if only for a limited time during your conference. (I’ve attended conferences at beach locations and it’s torture when they don’t allow time to enjoy the beach.)
I would like to apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you had in our restaurant. We have very recently had a change in Food & Beverage leadership and all your concerns are being addressed. I can personally guarantee you that we’ll really impress you in the restaurant during your next stay. We are already changing the menu but I’m happy to report the Caprese Sandwich is still a “keeper”.
We look forward to your next visit and hopefully you’ll be able to bring the family and really enjoy the pool.
Best regards,
Michael Minyon
Area Director of Finance
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked this hotel via priceline. We got an amazing deal. The rooms are nice and the service is exceptional. We even opted to eat at the hotel restaurant over Disney restaurants. Make sure you ask for SAID at the hotel restaurant. He is the best server we have ever had. Great Disney trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rachel n
Dear rachel n,

Thank you so much for your amazing 5 star review!!!

We truly appreciate your candid feedback & it is great to know that you had such an exceptional time throughout! I am glad to know that Said was a great encounter throughout your stay and we will be sure to recognize him in a special way due to your kind words.

We look forward to your return should you visit the area once again!

Not Wishy
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We arrived on 30th April for a 10 night stay and the hotel more than lived up to our expectations.

Upon check in we asked for a view of either Downtown Disney or the nightly fireworks at Magic Kingdom and the excellent member of staff (can't remember her name) changed our king room to a double queen room with views of BOTH (we could even see the Universal fireworks at night too away in the distance!!) for no extra charge whilst handing us free bottles of ice cold water to cool us down after our transfer from the airport, great service.

Room was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn, large flatscreen TV and the decor looked pretty fresh in both the room and the bathroom. Having a balcony with furniture was a real bonus too, great for watching the fireworks with a beer from the cold fridge in the room. Although the balcony was quite small we only really sat in it whilst getting ready to go out at night or for watching the fireworks on the nights we were back early.

Maid service was also pretty good with the room being cleaned and towels changed every day. I must also add that we were never disturbed early in the morning by the maid wanting to clean our room early....we find that by putting the little 'do not disturb' type notice on the door that, strangely enough, the maids tend not to disturb you so maybe all of these people who claim to have been disturbed should have used this too!!

We never had the buffet breakfast in the hotel and instead chose to pick up some muffins / pastries from the grab n go. We did, however, have a casual 'finger food' dinner in the bar on the first night (wings, tenders, fries, etc.) and the food was fine. We also had dinner in the restaurant one night it rained to heavy to go out. Food was good and, again, the service was great, really swift and efficient. I wouldn't say that the food was expensive as some previous reviewers have claimed, I would just say that it wasn't cheap. I did feel that the restaurant was a little impersonal though as it sits in an open atrium adjacent to the shop and just round the corner from the main reception / lobby area on route to the elevators.
Beers in the bar were reasonably priced and were actually cheaper than some of the bars in Downtown Disney which surprised me as hotel bars can usually be expensive.

There is a shop in the hotel which we didn't use as it is only really for souveniers or last minute suncream / swimwear etc., we had to buy our snacks and beers for the fridge from Walgreens (25 minute walk).

Free shuttle buses run to the parks every 30 minutes and were always on time, going and coming back too.

We timed our walk to Downtown Disney which took us just 10 minutes (8 minutes in the rain!!). If you head in the other direction you are only 15 minutes walk away from a number of eating places, from McDs and Uno to TGIs, and roughly 25 minutes to Millers Ale House which is highly recommended (great value food and drinks promos every day - $8.95 or $10 for 5 bottles of Bud, dependant on which night you go).

We only went to the pool for a couple of hours on our second last day and it was clean and fairly quiet and the water was of good temperature.

Despite the great service during our stay, one of the reasons that I marked this 4/5 instead of 5/5 is that I emailed the hotel a few weeks before we travelled to ask if they could do anything as a surprise for my wife's birthday whilst we were there and I didn't even get a reply. I wouldn't have expected anything for free but it would have been nice if I could have arranged a small cake or a bottle of fizz in the room for her to come back to after we had been out for the day and night. I couldn't ask at check in either as we checked in together and as her birthday was on the second full day we were there I didn't get the chance as we spent our full time together. It is these small things that can make all the difference.

Overall the hotel is in a great location and is very reasonabll priced, we would certainly go back if we ever go back to Disney / LBV again (although we prefer Universal and I-Drive....).

Room Tip: Ask for room 1112 for views of Downtown Disney and Magic Kingdom fireworks
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scott12T
Claudine B, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, January 11, 2016
Dear PishyFaeWishy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "the hotel more than lived up to our expectations."

I apologize that you were not contacted about surprising your wife for your celebration. We always strive to deliver high quality service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Thanks again,