“Will Stay again”

Ranked #31 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Will Stay again”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

The service from the staff is great. The were very pleasant and eager to assist. The rooms were clean as a whistle. We had a great room overlooking Downtown Disney and were able to watch the fireworks every night. The only drawback was the restaurant. The food wasn't bad, but the restaurant seemed extremely understaffed, especially during dinner hours.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank fcsomers
Claudine B, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, March 25, 2016
Dear fcsomers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "The service from the staff is great."

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 7, 2011

This hotel offers a great bargain - I was impressed with the various staff, their menu and the overall property. If you're in decent shape its within walking distance to Downtown Disney.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rbourn
Dear rbourn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "I was impressed with the various staff, their menu and the overall property."

lincoln
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Booked two rooms at this hotel after reading about it on trip advisor from walking in and meeting allan on the front desk who couldn't have been more helpful to seeing the rooms it was all good.
the rooms we booked was one standard and one downtown disney view both on the 14th floor both rooms were large with desk and sofa at one end and balcony
the view down through the centre of the hotel to the dining room was a little scarey from 14th floor.
the standard room was $109 a night the other was $132 the only thing with the standard room is that it faces the busy I-4 motorway so you hear the traffic
ate breakfast which was extra but good one morning but with so many eateries just down the road at Lake Beuna Vista it's nice to try a few olive gardens and longhorn steakhouse were both excellant but Hooters was poor both service and quality

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear wingingpom,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Connecticut
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I stayed here in mid march with my mother and sister for a girls long weekend. I looked on trip advisor to pick what hotel to stay at, and since this hotel was the closest to disney that was in the top 20 for trip advisor we picked it.

Our trip started out with a car service picking us up, because the hotel does not offer a shuttle to and from the airport, it cost us about $85 roundtrip from Florida Towncar Service, which was great. Once we arrived at the Holiday Inn the door men were very friendly and helped us with our bags. We went to the front desk and before I could even give them my name to check in the woman at the front desk cut me off by saying that the computers were down and would not be back up for another hour, which conviently was exactly the time of check in 4:00pm. This woman, who I wish I had remembered to get her name, was the only blemish on this hotel. Everyone else was so nice and accomadating, but this was not the only time she was rude and unhelpful. She asked if we wanted to store our bags while we waited to check in, at first we said no because it was only an hour, but then we realized we didn't want to sit in the lobby for a hour when we could get a drink and sit by the pool. The reason I complain about this woman is because if she had any kind of costumer service training she should have told us to go sit at the bar and get drink or that there were tables out by the pool that we could sit and relax at until our room was ready. She just seemed to not care about us at all and almost seemed annoyed.

A similar incident happened again with the same woman when I was asking about ways to get to Universal. I had researched before that I could get a shuttle through Mears to get to Universal Studios, but I wanted to ask someone at the front desk what my options were. Once I got to the front desk the same woman was there and I asked what my options were to get to Universal, she asked if I had a car and she would give me directions, I said no, we don't have a car and then she just gave me a blank stare. So then I had to ask is there some kind of shuttle to get there, and all she said was no that they don't offer a shuttle to Universal. I then had to ask what about Mears, do they come here to pick up for Universal, and all she said was yes they come here. She then gave me another blank look and I preceded to ask if she knew the number for Mears, which she had memerized.

My whole point to this story is why she couldn't be helpful and give me any of this information with out me having to pull it out of her. Most hotels I have been to will not only have all of this information forthcoming but will set it up for you as well.

Everything else about the hotel was great, the bartender was so nice and made great drinks, the restaurant, which we only had breakfast at a couple of days was delicious, and the grab and go was really conveinent. The room was very nice, much better then disney property rooms, and we had a view of downtown disney which was nice compared to the views on the other side of the hotel of the highway. The shuttles were great and on time, and even on the last night we were there, we had dinner late at epcot and when we got to the bus it was completly full, we thought we were going to have to wait another half hour for the last bus of the night to come. Thankfully the bus company was prepared for this and had another nicer bus waiting to come pick us up two seconds after the full bus pulled away.

We would definatley stay here again, if we come back to Disney.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ea32188
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, September 9, 2016
Dear ea32188,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "we would definitely stay here again."

We apologize that we missed a few marks with the level of service we always hope to meet. I hope next time we are able to WOW you. We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Veronica Blanco
Senior Sales Manager
Tampa, FL
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Can't find one negative thing to say about this place. We got a great deal through Expedia ($109), the location is perfect (right on Disney grounds) and the hotel itself is amazing. Spotless from the second you walk through the door, it even smells great in here! They let us check in over an hour early so we were able to go out and enjoy the pool and hot tub. Everything in the hotel looks brand new. I will definately be staying here on our next Orlando trip, even if I have to pay a little more...it'd be worth it!

• Stayed April 2011
Dear metfanatic11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "I will definitely be staying here on our next Orlando trip."

London, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We have not written a review before but we are so pleased with our stay that we had to write one. So many times people write reviews because of their poor experiences but we are writing this one to spread the warmth of the staff at this Holiday Inn. We stayed 11 days at this newly renovated hotel and we ate every day in the Palm Breeze restaurant in the center of the open concept tower. Exceptional service by Fouad and Que is second to none and we honestly consider these two invaluable employees friends now. Great food with even better service was a pleasant surprise. Ask for them by name and you will not regret it. I know that Alex and Que make great Pina Coladas because my wife does not usually drink but she managed to take a liking to their tropical refreshments. Bonnie, the Food and Beverage manager is professional and truly cares about making sure their guests are looked after...and yes, a manager that listens.
We would recommend a room in the tower with a view of Downtown Disney and overlooks the pool. The view is great and you see the fireworks at night. Thanks Rondell for the great room!
The hotel is walking distance to downtown disney and the shuttle bus service to the parks are very efficient and right on time. This is a great door to door service that is available right in front of the hotel.
Special thanks to Fouad for going above and beyond to make us feel welcomed. Have a great and well deserved holiday when you go back home to Morocco.
Can't say enough and we were truly sad to leave...we will be back.

Brenda, Andy, and Logan

Room Tip: Tower room with balcony overlooking downtown
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank The_Ontario_Family
Dear The_Ontario_Family,

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. The staff, especially Chad, were super nice. The location was good. We even changed a reservation in another hotel so we could stay an extra night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple