“Modern Hotel with a 5-Star Feel at a Great Price”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #211 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
flgatoralumni
“Modern Hotel with a 5-Star Feel at a Great Price”
Reviewed January 22, 2010

My fiancee and I stayed here to celebrate her birthday. The hotels in the Disney distrcit can get pretty expensive. From my experience, the rates of the Buena Vista Palace usually comes in at about 50% less than a Disney luxury resort without sacraficing luxury, cleanliness, or amenities. It's pretty close to Downtown Disney and has a shuttle service that travels to and from the parks.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,025)
Tennesee
Reviewed January 21, 2010

My cousin is from Indiana and I am from Tennessee. We decided to meet in Orlando and spend a long weekend just hanging out and doing whatever we wanted. We were so exicted just to see each other! We arrived at the hotel and the clerk told us he was doing us a HUGE favor by putting us on the "Recreation Island". He stated there was plenty (try 30) parking spaces close to this building. We drove around for a minimum of 45 minutes looking for a place to park with proper lighting, etc. I don't mind to walk, just that I don't like to walk in a strange place in the dark! We finally parked and walked back to hotel lobby only to learn that we had to go down one floor, down long hall, out the door, over a bridge, and around a swimming pool to get to "Recreation Island". Again, this was all in the dark without proper lighting. We then made it to our room and the room was fine. The bed was great, actually. Charges would apply for internet services. A free service was offered, but would never connect. The next 2 days we finally paid for valet parking, which is what the hotel wants the guests to do anyway. An attendant in one of the shops told us that just a few weeks ago a woman got her purse snatched on the bridge that we crossed several times a day in the dark...I would never let even older teenage children come and go by themselves from the room to the recreation portion of the hotel. The second night, the sliding glass door wouldn't lock, had to call and get someone to come lock it for us. All in all, just spent too much time trying to park in a safe, well lit place, too much time walking to car to from hotel room, etc, and just a bad experience altogether! While the room itself was very nice, the layout of the resort is just not what I want nor what I would recommend. We did tell the clerk about our lighting and parking concerns and the valet charges were credited back. If the hotel would address the lighting issues, this place would be much better and guests would feel safer.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Stayed at the Buena Vista Palace over New Year's and loved it. The location is very convenient for Downtown Disney access and the hotel has great bars and restaurants. i enjoyed the pool bar including their lunch offerings and I though their Outback restaurant (no relation to the chain of steak houses) was wonderful.

The sports bar drink prices are a bit high but compared to Downtown Disney they are a bit better than what you will find there. We had a water view room overlooking the pond/lake in the rear of the property and it could not have been better.

The beds are fabulous and the room was clean and in good repair. My only complaint was the parking but after all it was New Year's Eve so what could I expect.

I plan to visit again in the future with my kids and take advantage of the great common areas adjacent to the pool including the playground!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank BigBlueiFlorida
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I tried booking on their website and it states they have a price match guarantee. The guarantee states that there is no need to shop at any other website since they will beat the price by 20% if you find a lower price. No need to say thanks to tripadvisor I found 3 lower prices, the lowest at 1-800 hotels and the same at hotels and expedia. I called the listed 1-866 number for the guarantee and was told by the gentleman there that he did not know about the price match on his website. Even though the website is directing people to this phone number and he can not change hotel prices only the hotel can. He looked up and confirmed the lower prices and said he would transfer me to someone else that else that would be able to help me, I was transferred to a Hilton hotel hotline twice. The lady at Hilton said this hotel was not part of her group but owned by the same parent company and gave me the hotel booking managers name and phone number and offered to discount a Hilton room for my troubles. But my wife liked the location of this hotel, so I called the manager and the first woman who I spoke with had no idea about this price match program and had to check her own website. After that she must have skimmed the details and told me I needed to book a room first, so I read the program to her and stated it says to call at time of booking or within 24 hours after not valid after that. She put me on hold and hung up. I called back and talked to her again and she then asked for the websites I found the rates on and she then proceeded to say they are not valid sites for this promo, I again read to her that it states and website that any person that is not part of or in a group can book. I told her that none of these websites are for group booking and I am not in any special group to receive a different rate. She then referred me back to the 1-866 number again. I called the 1-866 number and spoke to once again the same man that had no idea what to do and gave me the managers number and name to call at the hotel. I spoke with yet another lady who also did not know about the program and plain out refused to match the prices and told me that they were for rates on places like amex website or airline websites, which I thought was strange since it stated not part of a group and available for any person to book. Which would be any of the sites I talked about, I asked her to read the program in full and she claimed she did this time and said she would get back to me. That was on thursday it's now monday and still no response, I called and received her voicemail and some man who works for her basically told me to book it at that site and she will never get back to me, since she is busy and can not be bothered with this and some silly web prices she will not match, let alone beat since they are now booking at higher rates. He stated that the sites are all good and to book from them. Also that the hotel usually have a 99 dollar rate but they recently stopped it so other websites may have purchased or guaranteed rooms for the year at that rate. The best part is she didn't have the decency to call me back or to at least take the promotion off the website it's still there. If anyone from there corporate office is reading I think you need to get a new management staff, the person who did not have the decency to call back is Peggy. Also they should know about the promotions they are running and all the rules involved since there corporate office was very clear on the fact, that it is so there customer does not need to check any website but theirs and they will be happy to price match, the 1-866 number gentleman made that very clear but the hotel decided not to follow through and make up their own rules that were not on the website. The rate they offered me was 169 verse the 99 one at other websites and 1-800 hotels pre pay rate of 90, which the corporate number claims she should beat by 20 percent according to their policy, but I guess it's just a scam.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

ct
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I would like to warn other familys about staying at this hotel.The location is nice because it is in downtown disney. This hotel looked very nice online but it turned out to be falsly advertised. When we got to our room the key didn't work..The manager said the old key worked. Then we got inside and the lights didnt work.These were all little mishaps and we were happy to be in FL. The balcony door was unlocked, not safe with children, the t.v didn't work..It took two hours for someone to come fix it. Things took a turn for the worse when i spotted a huge roach. It was not a baby, it was GIANT. There was three in total in our room, on our one night stay. I called downstairs to speak with the manager and he was not helpfull. Had a very bad attitude and basically said that it was our problem. He recommened that we find another hotel sense we were having so many issues. I have kids, i found it rude to suggest i pack them up at 11 p.m. The women at the front desk apologized and said that there has been a number of complaints about roaches.She gave me a number to call and said that i may get more accomplished. We ended up leaving the next morning and spending the remainder of our vacation at another hotel. Roaches can get into luggage and i now have to shake out all our bags and hope none came home with us. I worried about them crawling on my children while they were sleeping. We would not eat at this hotel the next morning. I give the customer service a zero. The manager didn't care that we were paying good money for our room. We saved up for this vacation and it was a horrible start. I could have lived with all the minor things, but roaches was not tolerable. I asked for a number and name to contact a supervisor and was told that the hotel is privately owned and that i could not be helped. Clealiness is very important and this hotel lacked it. The air condition seemed dirty and made the floor wet. After one night my childrens stuffed animal and books they brought were ruined. They smelled of mold. I hope that no family has to experience what my family did.

2 Thank Nic0le13
MA
Reviewed January 16, 2010

My wife and I and our 3 kids spent 6 nights here in mid Jan 2010. I feel compelled to writye a review of the place since I had read so many before we traveled. Many of the reviews I read scared the heck out of us...complaints about rooms, service, prices, amenities, etc. Let me tell you. we were completely happy with it. We book through Hotwire.com, so we wound up here by luck (if you know how hotwire works), but let me tell you...don't hesitate to stay here if you want a great blend of affordability and luxury.

The room was outstanding. We stayed in the ecomony grade room. 2 double beds and a big euro-looking chair thing that my 5 yr old slept in. He loved it. Nice mini balcony. Free wireless internet. the A/C system was a little old but worked just fine to make the room dry and chilly. Beds were VERY comfortable. We have a high end King bed at home and these queens were barely any drop off. 32 inch flat screen. Other reviews said the pools had bad 70's decor...not so. They were fine. Several big pools, well kept, well lit, tons of lounge chairs and towels, nice big hot tub. One night there were 2-3 full families in the hot tub comfortably. Great fun after a day at the disney parks.

The disney marketplace is RIGHT across the street. We walked to dinner at the rainforest cafe...a must, then the kids waltzed the grounds, played at the cool lego store, etc. awesome.

A few stores, minimarts, and restaurants in the hotel complex, all very convenient. basketball courts, tennis. I hit the gym each morning before mom and kids got up. Excellent. 10-12 cardio gear facing the windows, 8-10 nautilis type machines and free weights. I got a good hard lift in.

The hotel hit us with a daily "resort fee" which I was planning on arguing about at check out. After seeing this whole place I don't think I will. With our awesome hotwiire rate and the 15 daily resort fee, we paid about 110 daily. very fair.

We will stay here again without question. My only complaint is the lame neverening reggae music at the pool. pop the ipod on to avoid it.

For a budget minded family vacation pick this place and you will not be diappointed. it's not a 5 star hotel by any stretch, but it wasn't missing anything I had hoped to see.

1 Thank rybuck
Portugal
Reviewed January 15, 2010

We had a great holiday at the Palace. Excellent location across from Disney Marketplace. Outback food excellent although service slow. Kooks food very good with excellent service and good value. Room size and decor really good and comfortable. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Terra Verde Resort
#12 of 62 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#10 of 62 in Kissimmee

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!