“Loved it for honeymoon”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #201 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
PGH pa
Reviewed June 6, 2006

WOW let me tell you this hotel goes above and beyond! we had a few problems but they were fixed ASAP! THANKS WE LOVED THE HOTEL FOR OUR HONEYMOON! I would stay sgain!!!

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (5,296)

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed June 3, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days attending a convention. If you like paying $6 for a beer or $14 for a chicken sandwich, then this is the place for you.

Your first impression (the lobby) is great but the hotel doesn't live up to it's lobby. The bathroom is extremely small and there was "gunk" and rust in the shower tracks. I am very cold natured but even with the air set on 60 and the fan on high, the room was never cool enough. We were on the 12th floor overlooking the roof of the convention center which needed to be cleared of debris, including beverage bottles and several towels. You could see the fireworks from Epcot and Disney but without binoculars all you really saw were small pops of color. After the first few "pops" we went back inside - they weren't worth it. To top all this off, there was another convention coming in and setting up our last 2 days. While I consider myself open-minded, I was offended that the hotel let this "alternate lifestyle" group basically take over both pool areaswith banners, etc. If my children had been there, I would have strongly complained to hotel management.

Word to the wise - ALWAYS personally check with the hotel for what conventions and groups are booked at any hotel/resort you are considering.

Needless to say, we wouldn't recommend this resort to even our worst enemy.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Queens, NY
Reviewed May 30, 2006

This is a true WYNDHAM LINE OF HOTEL. Staying at this hotel was wonderful. Rooms and bathrooms were very well kept and very clearn. Hospitality in the hotel was wonderful. They have a great OUTBACK RESTAURANT in the hotel which is very convenient. They also have a 24 hr room service which was excellent. I stood here with my 5 and 13 year old and we all loved it. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I love and know.

Reviewed May 30, 2006

I stayed and attended a conference at the Buena Vista Palace May 22-26, 2006. Because it was in Orlando, my husband and twin teenage sons came along. I was a bit weary upon arrival after reading some of the negative comments here on Trip Advosor. However, we felt the hotel was great. We stayed on the 5th floor, and our room was very nice, clean, and well-decorated. My family said they did hear the remodeling going on on the upper floors but only during normal day hours -- never early in the morning or into the evening.

The lobby was beautiful, and the convention center was fabulous. Parking was a bit of a challenge, but that was mostly our fault as we left in the evenings to go out and about. Lighting could perhaps be better in the parking lot.

The line at the front desk upon check in and check out was a bit long, but that is because travelers did not have their info in order. (i.e. a girl had valet parking charged to her room which she insisted was not a valid charge; when the valet pulled the records, it turned out her friend came to visit her and valet parked the car and charged it to her room --well , that was not the hotels fault , was it? ) (another example: the people checking in and holding up the line did not have a reservation showing in the computer - they insisted they did but could not provide a confirmation # to the clerk - again, not the hotels fault) I think the staff did exceptionally well - and were very pleasant considering how ridiculously rude all the travelers seemed to be.

We did not check out the spa - as it was very pricey - although others at my conference said it was great.

Arthurs on the 27th floor is apparently the primo spot to see the fireworks - although it is very crowded. We did go up in the early evening (no crowds) just to see the grounds from the top. What a view !!

3  Thank Yavonne B
Atlanta
Reviewed May 29, 2006

I stayed here May 23-26 for a conference. I was a bit hesitant due to the bad reviews, but as this was for business, I didn't think I had much choice.

The room was nice...had a parlour suite due to a late check-in and the hotel overbooked. The front desk staff was great, however we did have an issue with one of our bathrooms (toilet handle broke) which was reported for 3 days to the service desk (Think.. flushing the toilet by lifting the toilet lid and manually flushing.) Customer service was nice each time we called, but the fact remains that the toilet was not fixed before check-out.

The hotel location was convenient to Downtown Disney, but even with the upgrade suite...for the money... I wasn't impressed.

The convention facilities were great...the staff was very friendly and the provided meals were excellent. However, if I have another convention booked at this hotel, I would rather stay on Disney property...and drive each day to the hotel for the conference.

(Note: The hotel will charge you $75 a day for incidentials...this is on top of the mandatory resort fees.)

Wesley Chapel, FL
Reviewed May 29, 2006

We spent two nights at the Buena Vista Palace over Memorial Day weekend. We had stayed there last summer when it was a Wyndham property and had been very happy with our experience. I was, however, concerned that things had changed after reading some of the reviews on this site.

We had a room in the Islander building. It was clean and pleasant. We payed $95 plus taxes and felt we got our money's worth. The towels were thicker than many hotels in the same price range. There were two bottles of water each day for us - though we do drink tap water. We did not eat any meals there.

The location is great. We spent to evenings at the Irish pub on Pleasure Island, eting dinner and listening to great music. Walking to Downtown Disney and PI is so easy. We used the bus service to go to EPCOT and MGM.

Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed May 11, 2006

My wife and I took a short vacation to celebrate our 4th year anniversary, I wanted to suprise my wife and I called the resort, I spoke to a wonderful person by the name of Cruz she set us up for 2 nights and on both nights we got a to eat at the Outback restaurant they have on the 3rd floor. She also set us up on the 15th floor facing Disney World so every night we got to show the sunset from our balcany (it was so romantic). we also when to the 27th floor to Arthurs 27 for some drinks and to show the fireworks display, that was also so romantic, they had a someone playing the piano it was so great. Now this is what blew my wife and I was that on the day of our anniversary we went to the restaurant and they had a nice quite booth for us, separated form all the othe guest, but when they brought out the menus, we did not noticed it at first but on the lest hand side of the menu they had out names and congratulating us on our special day, plus they brough out a bottle of wine, on them that was great. We really enjoyed our stay there and we told everybody we know that he is where everybody should go.

• Stayed: May 2006