We were in Orlando for a conference and had no choice of where to stay, unfortunately.
At $229 per night we stayed in a room with mildew growing on the bathroom ceiling above the shower, wallpaper peeling off the walls with nasty mold/mildew growing behind it and cracked tile in the bathroom. Our refrigerator had been removed. And, 2 out of the 4 days housecleaning did not replace our two "free" water bottles or the "complimentary" coffee which is what you are paying the additional $12 resort fee to get!
Valet parking was $15 per day but if you choose valet when you check in, what they don't tell you is that you get charged $15 immediately upon check-in, then each morning when the new employee clocks in. So for the first night (we used the service less than 24 hours) we got charged double plus tax and they refused to remove the charge!
The bus service was on time but had to stop at 4 other hotels to pick up guests so after the first day we decided to drive our rental car to the parks- we saved a lot of time this way. Plus, we could always stop by a fast food place and eat some reasonably priced food.
The prices at the restaurants, room service and the convience store were extremely inflated. The first night (after waiting 35 minutes in line to check in) we were starving so we ordered room service. We got 1 adult cheeseburger and 1 child's cheeseburger with fries and water and paid a total of $35!! They added fees, taxes and a 20% gratuity to a $15 cheeseburger!!
I felt like I got ripped off and cheated at this hotel. They know most people stay here for conferences and that "rich" people stay here for the "resort" features and feel like they can charge these ridiculous prices. I DO NOT recommend this hotel to anyone! The next time we visit Disney World we are staying at a Disney owned hotel- at least we will get what we pay for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an Orlando resort getaway that ascends above the rest. Soaring 27 stories above the world's favorite destination, Buena Vista Palace is a beautiful resort in the Walt Disney World® Resort just a short walk from Disney Springs™. Guests can enjoy complimentary transportation to Disney Theme Parks and the Disney Springs™ area. Feel the magic the moment you arrive. For work or play, delight in our exclusive amenities, stunning accommodations, and alluring setting. Plus, we're just 25 minutes from downtown Orlando and the Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa