I stayed at the Wyndham Palace for one night. The hotel is beautiful and very big. I joined a free program offered by the hotel called the Wyndham By Request. You can sign up on their webpage. The By Request program offered many extra features which turned out to be very good. There was a special line for people with the By Request program to check into the hotel. Otherwise, you had to wait in a very, very long line. I was very surprised that there were only two people at the front desk checking guests in. I'm not sure why specially because the hotel is so big.
We paid $139.00 for a two bedroom tower suite. The room was huge. I had my own room with a full size very comfortable pull out bed. My friend slept in the other room behind a closed door. His room was a full size standard room at the hotel but connected to my room making it a suite. Because I live in Florida, I got the special Florida rate. I also got a free buffet breakfast and a $30.00 gift certificate in the hotel. The breakfast was nothing special. We ate there because it was free to us but there was not a wide variety of foods like you would expect from a full buffet. I would never pay $18.95 a person for the buffet. There was one lady making eggs, omelets, and waffles and three hot containers with potatoes, sausage, pancakes, and one other item. There were bagels and other bread items around the corner. For $18.95 I would expect French toast, maybe even some items for lunch if you were going to have a brunch. And at almost $20.00 a person with tax, a family may pay close to $100.00 just for breakfast.
The service at the Wyndham Palace is not very good. I called house keeping at 6:00pm because the pull out sofa was not made up, it was just a mattress with no sheets, blankets, etc... I didn't know until later that it should have already been made up, but at the time I was ok as long as they would make the bed up. I told them we are leaving to go to downtown Disney and would not be back until midnight. They told me that the bed would be made up by then. Well, low and behold, when I returned to my room at 12, the bed was not made up. THEY HAD SIX HOURS TO MAKE THE BED UP. I was tired and was quite pissed off. But, they did send someone up to make the bed.
While he made up the bed I decided to take a shower. The handle in the shower was so hard to turn, it took two of us, and there was no hot water. Luckily, we had another shower in the other bedroom. So, they sent a mechanic up to fix the problem but I never bothered to check if the problem was fixed.
Our room was located next to the elevators in the main tower. Most people said that they did not stay in the main tower; most of the suites are in another building. I guess there are only a few in the main tower. Most of the regular rooms are in the main tower. I heard talking all night and the noise from the pool could be heard in my room.
Make sure you become at Wyndham By Request member. You get free high speed DSL, free long distance, a room upgrade at no extra charge if they have a better room than the one you booked, early check in and late check out, and lots of other advantages.
In my review I gave some positive aspects of the hotel and some negative aspects. In this case, there are more things to say bad about this hotel than good. The Wyndham Palace is overpriced and very busy. They need extra people working there to accommodate all of the guests. I couldn't believe when I checked in that there were only two people checking in guests to one of the biggest hotels in Disney. The hotel is located on the other side of the street to Downtown Disney. Although it is in walking distance, it is a pretty long walk.
To wrap up, there are much better hotels around then the Wyndham Palace. The Wyndham is overpriced, not very quick to do things, and has many problems. The Wyndham Palace is more for older guests. If you have to stay at the Wyndham, make sure you sign up for the Wyndham By Request. O and by the way, there is a $10 per day resort fee plus taxes on the resort fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an Orlando resort getaway that ascends above the rest. Soaring 27 stories above the world's favorite destination, Buena Vista Palace is a beautiful resort in the Walt Disney World® Resort just a short walk from Disney Springs™. Guests can enjoy complimentary transportation to Disney Theme Parks and the Disney Springs™ area. Feel the magic the moment you arrive. For work or play, delight in our exclusive amenities, stunning accommodations, and alluring setting. Plus, we're just 25 minutes from downtown Orlando and the Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa