I have to start by saying the staff were lovely here and turned this in to a positive. I was genuinely disappointed that we were given a room overlooking the main entrance, given that we were not overnight guests but staying there for 2 weeks. On booking in they were completely full so there was no option to change. The room itself was clean (a must for me) but had no ventilation (one window unable to open-no balcony :( ....). I had read reviews about the damp smell and have to say I did notice this straight away after walking in. I quickly realised that this was due to the poor bathroom ventilation (the fan was not powerful enough to cope with the steam from the shower). I could not have a shower without it pouring on to the bathroom floor hence a daily ritual of stuffing towels between the bath/door/wall and very wet floor. Having said that the shower itself was wonderful! I think the damp has got into the carpet and therefore is difficult to eradicate. Such a shame because the room itself was tastefully decorated and we were happy to get 2 large beds, as we were sharing with a 12 year old. We possibly got one of the rooms which was in need of a bathroom refurb. It was very noisy being directly over the front entrance/close to reception which did wake us through the night.
Disappointingly on arrival we had to ring to reception for coffee/tea etc and a hair dryer. I noticed that the maid certainly scrimped on providing things for the room. It was a lottery as to what we received on a daily basis, from coffee to bath mat and toiletries. When we did contact reception we were never made to feel anything was a problem and they later telephoned to ensure we were happy, which was a nice touch.
The maid came by very early so be sure to leave the do not disturb sign unless you want to be disturbed continually. One morning we were awoken by someone cleaning the carpet outside our room...the door was bumped by the cleaner which made sure we were awake.
Generally the hotel itself is lovely....nice pool area with hot tub and pool bar. The grill was not open so unable to comment. We took tennis equipment and were disappointed with the state of the court....not playable really and shouldn't be advertised as such (huge cracks and craters).
The cafe shop was open long hours and offered a good variety of food, including Starbucks coffee. They also offered a limited hot take out menu (the chicken wings with blue cheese were gorgeous!). We had the buffet breakfast a couple of times and have to say it was lovely. On our last day we had the character breakfast which was great. Our 12 year old really enjoyed it and got Minnie, Goofy and Pluto to Facetime her friend in the UK.They obliged!!
There were good car parking facilities at the hotel and free WIFI. The bus service to the Disney Parks was welcome (every half hour) and the location to Downtown Disney was EXCELLENT. It's just over the road which is a real plus for this hotel.
There was renovation going on to the exterior of the hotel. I hope they continue this inside. They have the customer service right but I am sorry to say and feel bad writing this (as the staff are so good - all we came across) but the room really let this hotel down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an Orlando resort getaway that ascends above the rest. Soaring 27 stories above the world's favorite destination, Buena Vista Palace is a beautiful resort in the Walt Disney World® Resort just a short walk from Disney Springs™. Guests can enjoy complimentary transportation to Disney Theme Parks and the Disney Springs™ area. Feel the magic the moment you arrive. For work or play, delight in our exclusive amenities, stunning accommodations, and alluring setting. Plus, we're just 25 minutes from downtown Orlando and the Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa