“Family Trip To Disney World” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #212 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Family Trip To Disney World”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Our family (wife, 5 yr, 17 month old) just spent April 19 to 23 at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel. I was slightly nervous due to a lot of negative reviews from fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. Our experience was great. The room (resort view) was clean, the beds comfortable, and the balcony provided a great view of the pool area and downtown disney. We were located away from the elevators, so we didnt hear any screaming kids or had any issues with loud noises from the adjoining rooms.

We had a rental car, but we rarely used it. The self parking is a little far but its a quick walk (5 min walk). Considering how much we walked in Disney, the walk to the parking lot isnt anything to complain about.

The area where the buses pick you up for the parks is pretty close to the breakfast area, a one min walk. I have no idea why people complain about this distance.

Downtown Disney is a 10 min walk from the hotel and that is with two small children.

Overall, the staff was great, the hotel was clean, and the amenities are as advertised. The hotel was a great experience to the family vacation.

Troy

5 Thank Troy L
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Troy:

Thank you for such an amazing review of the Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa! With over a thousand rooms at our resort, it takes a lot of work to bring everything together for our guests to have a pleasant and relaxing stay. It's nice to know you and your family enjoyed our efforts.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Garth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (951)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The room we were in had an overwhelming smell of mildew which I think came from the air con and as a result we had to turn it off (a modest improvement but still very smelly). The room was OK otherwise, except we couldn't use our balcony because it was being painted. Fair enough I guess, these things have to be done (although choosing to renovate over busy Easter hols is a bad idea, surely you would do this in the quiet season?). Our room was quiet but some rooms were next to lift lobbies and must have been dreadful. I emailed the hotel ahead of our stay to ask for a nice room because of the recent bad reviews on here. No one replied to this. I suppose we could have asked to change rooms but could easily have changed to something worse/noisy etc so we stayed put. The staff were friendly and bathroom was cleaned each day. Food in hotel was nothing special, in fact very greasy. Breakfast extortionate and on Sundays the only option is the 'Disney character buffet' which was very expensive and surely not to everyone's taste. Pool was OK.

Room Tip: If you stay here make sure to check your room before you agree to take it or unpack!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank L U
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear "LU":

I'm sorry you weren't completely satisfied with your room. Yes, we have had a challenge with some of our rooms smelling musty--mostly due to the air conditioning being shut down which is purposely left on to circulate and dry out the air.

We encourage all guests to speak with the front desk if the room they are assigned is not to their liking. We are only too happy to find you one that is!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Please I beg of you to listen. I realize this hotel seems to get lots of good reviews... But after spending last night there, my view on the world has changed. This is the most disgusting and unclean hotel rooms I have EVER stayed in (I have stayed in the Orlando Florida location 20+ times, I am a frequent traveler). You see the pictures online and the price tag and it looks like a great deal. Also combined with all the great reviews it made me feel estatic. That all changed the second I walked into the first hotel room they put us in. After a walk across an old bridge that was falling down, and passing a pool I would not let an animal swim in, we came to a desolate building with no sign of life. The room smelled musty and old the second you opened the door. The carpet was also filthy, stained, and at least 15+years old. We then switched rooms and ended up in the tower. When we asked to switch rooms they gave us a warning that they cannot control the noise levels in the tower (a motel 6 has better service than that). Upon arriving in our new room (approximately 11:30 PM-12 AM) it had the same gross carpet and musty smell. That is just the start of our trip through hell. When I entered the bathroom to take a shower, I noticed a ball of hair on the floor, and the shower curtain was covered in mold. That was the grossest thing I have ever seen. Once in bed I noticed the sheets were damp, and the bed smelled of beer. This was the most horrible expierence of my life and I beg you all to listen and to save yourselves from this nightmare. If you are looking for a more budget friendly Disney hotel try, The Coronodo, The Port Orleans, or The All Stars. These properties are all owned by Disney, and are much cheaper than some of their other properties (but still very clean). I hope I have reached at least one person and have saved them from the nightmare I experienced last night.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank MattBetts
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Reviewer:

I'm not sure of your motivation for submitting the review you wrote but I am finding it very difficult to put much credence in such feedback.

First of all, the bridge to which you referred is far from "falling down". It's constructed of reinforced pier posts that are engineered to withstand ocean force storms and last a hundred years or more. In addition the State of Florida has put in place extremely tight regulations we must follow in order to ensure our guests are safe at all times. If we fall short of those standards we run the risk of being shut down. I assure you, your trip over the foot bridge was a sure bet.

Secondly, our pools are constantly monitored and maintained by professionals who do a superior job in keeping our three pools not only clean but sanitary (remember those standards I was talking about in the previous paragraph? That goes for our pools, too.) And just so you know, we have a "No Swimming In The Pools" policy for animals and it is strictly enforced!

It sounds like something went wrong during your stay and for that I'm sorry. But you should know that every one of our employees works very hard to make our guest's stay pleasurable and relaxing. I'm sorry that wasn't the case for you.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

If this hotel is a Disney resort, then rethink the Disney brand. We checked in to a room that was too close to the elevators and could hear every screaming child that was waiting for it. The room was mildewed, and no other rooms were available for me to switch, so my mold allergy was on overdrive for the 5 days. Our Private balcony was filthy; tiles were breaking apart from the deck, slider had grimey hand prints on the outside, litter all over the roof, (tampons, diapers, condoms, beer cans,etc.) and some one else's hair was on the tile. The lake was litter ridden, and dirty towels covered their pool area. The pool had human feces in it and when I complained I was told, "it happens all the time at Disney". Then proceeded to tell me it will be chemically treated, but not drained. Property needs serious upkeep, in the past it may have been a nice resort, but not these days. For the money I spent it should have been spectacular. Everything needs serious maintenance. I never got to talk to the manager, just reception personnel and concierge. They didn't make any attempts to make our stay pleasant. Very dissatisfied do not recommend for anyone.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank barbedlemur5988
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Reviewer:

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and disappointed that you weren't aware that the hotel has staff available 24 hours a day to take care of any issues our guests have. Granted, we don't like guests to have to deal with the kind of issues you described, but if a simple call to the hotel operator can't get your issues resolved, you always have access to our duty manager who is available 24 hours a day.

Bay Area, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Since my conference ran into my son's elementary school spring break, we decided to combine the two trips. I arrived first, spending three days at a conference then my wife and son joined me for another six days, for fun.

Aside from the conference schedule, we weren't sure of our plans, and twice decided to extend our stay. The hotel was not only helpful in arranging that and making sure we could keep the same room, but got us good rates.

The hotel was a great place for a conference as well as a family vacation. The meeting facilities were convenient and mostly comfortable (Have you ever been in a hotel conference room that wasn't too cool or too hot?). and the location across the street from Downtown Disney was great when you wanted to escape the hotel.

As a family vacation spot, it was also great. My son loved the pool, the basketball court and the ping-pong table as well as the sports bar with its multitude of TVs, including some equipped with Wii. With a car rental place in the hotel, it was convenient for the trips we took to Tampa and Sarasota as well as Universal Studios. We also used the Disney shuttles to get to the nearby Disney parks.The concierge and the ticket stands were also helpful.

The only complaint I have at all is that on two occasions our room keys became demagnitized, but they were quickly fixed by the front desk.

The Buena Vista Palace is pleasant and comfortable, clean and welcoming, but not luxurious if that's what you're looking for. As you can tell by my rating, it was the perfect place for my combined business/vacation trip.

1 Thank mcwriterman
Dear "mcwriterman":

Thank you for such a comprehensive review of our hotel. I try to mention one or two of our amenities in my reviews but you took care of that for me! I noticed in your profile that you are a Senior Reviewer on TripAdvisor so your kind words mean that much more to my colleagues and me knowing you are a seasoned traveler.

I'm glad you and your family had a good time at the Palace and we hope you come back again!

With Gratitude,
Kenosha, Wi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We have been staying here for years and everything has always been perfect........But......it seems as if they are cutting back on infrastructure costs ......the staff is still a dedicated group and do an excellent job .......It seems to be time for some new furnishings and a revamp of the Breakfast Buffet process. Still a great place, but I'm sure the competitiveness of the Hotel business in the area if taking its toll

Stayed April 2014
Dear "kwhizz":

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. Your comments about the staff are very much appreciated.

We have started several updating projects and have several more "on the board". We are replacing some of the furniture and carpeting, painting and updating our pool areas. We hope you will be our guest again soon so you can see all the improvements we've made.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was our first trip to Disney and we didn't know very much about where to stay. The hotel was lovely, and the restaurants very nice. The shuttles worked well to get to the parks. At times, we waiting slightly longer than 1/2 hour for a shuttle, but not bad. Only complaint would be the neighbors in the room next door. They were up each night at 2:30 am, and you could hear everything right through the walls, that was not great for a us as we have a 6 year old who wanted to be up at 7 am every morning for the parks. However, we called the front desk and they assisted in asking the neighbors to keep it down.

Dear "KellyS":

It's great to know your first trip to Disney was enjoyable and we thank you for choosing the Buena Vista Palace for your stay.

The free transportation is a huge savings and with the buses looping around the Disney property approximately every 30 minutes it's pretty convenient, too. I'm sorry you were disturbed by noisy neighbors and appreciate your patience with that situation.

Garth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 58 in Kissimmee
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
#2 of 12 in Davenport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,053 reviews

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!