“Pleasantly Surprised!!”

Ranked #211 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Bonaire, Georgia
“Pleasantly Surprised!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My family and I are veterans when it comes to Disney. After reading some of the negative reviews I was very close to changing our hotel to a hotel that we are familiar with. I'm glad I didn't! The hotel was clean the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were the best part. Very spacious, clean and the view of Downtown Disney I woke up to every morning and looked out at every night was awesome. I loved the fact that I didn't have to drive to and park at the theme parks everyday. We didn't eat in the restaurant but ordered room service twice and the food and service were great. As for the parking, I found a sweet spot down where the buses for the parks pick up guests. I really loved that we could walk to Downtown Disney. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again. Thank you Buena Vista Palace for a wonderful anniversary trip!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Brittani F
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review; it was awesome and we really appreciate the recognition.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found your room comfortable. We want all our guests to be as pleased as you were! I encourage you to try our "one80 Sportgrill and Bar" on your next visit to our hotel. It's new this year and is getting a lot of positive comments.

With Appreciation,
Garth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,024)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I were recently at this hotel for a conference. We are both not very picky people but the rooms are dirty. We met a nice couple and we also saw there room before heading out for dinner one evening and there room was dirty too. It just NEEDS A THOROUGH CLEANING. There were little bugs in our bathroom- around the sink, floor and tub. Pretty icky.

CONS = DIRTY

PROS= Staff
Comfy bed
Walking distance to Disney Marketplace
Disney buses to go to parks
Laundry on 2nd floor
Pool

You need to take a cab to universal which is about $35-45. Not a big deal though.

We had a nice time I just wish it was cleaner.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to an elevator its REALLY LOUD! Try to get in the newer building not the o...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer:

Your feedback has been received and forwarded to the appropriate department head for corrective action. We appreciate every review because it helps us know how to improve our facility and services.

I am glad to know you enjoyed our comfortable beds, pool and complimentary transportation to all 4 Disney parks. We hope to see you back again soon!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My first clue i shouldnt have stayed here was i got it through groupon. I called to tell them I wanted a king bed they said not a problem, I went to check in and they only had queen beds left. They practically force you to use valet due to "self parking" being on the other side of the planet almost and my room happened to be in the furthest building behind the pool area. They say they have a small parking lot you can park in between the main building and mine and the small parking lot includes maybe 12 SPOTS. The AC in my room never got cool even turning the fan on high. For the amount of money you pay for this room I will just spend at an ACTUAL DISNEY RESORT.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer:

I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Garth

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Manchester, Tennessee
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This Hotel is in walking distance of downtown disney and many other restaurants. The SPA is extremely lacking in facilities, staff, & generally unprofessional. The downstairs grocery is also less than desirable. The Bell hop service is good.

Stayed January 2014
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Reviewer:

I'm sorry you found that some of our amenities were not up to your expectations. I will make sure the spa manager receives your comments. Our bell services are available 24 hours a day and I'm happy to know you were satisfied with those services. I'll be sure to pass along that comment as well.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back again!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Booked the room for our late honeymoon, valets are incredibly rude if you don't valet your car upon check in. Room smelled and a/c vent has mold on it. A/C doesn't even work it was set it below 70 and it was like 85 in our room. Location is great but the rest of the place sucked! Not worth the cost, and talking to management is a waste of time

• Stayed February 2014
OrlandoInterested, Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Brykaymom;

I am so sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are reviewing the issues you experienced during your stay with our managers.

Thank you for letting us know as this is how we can improve our hotel and our services.

Regards;

Cindy Staley
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Was at Buena Vista for a conference. Very handy hotel, across street from Downtown Disney. Great staff and service, great work at conference support. Staff addressed any issues they have. Good variety in lobby bar, sports bar and restaurant, Disney store in lowest level and pool bar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Tripper024
Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! We always appreciate feedback because it helps us improve our services. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Deventer, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Buena Vista Palace is situated right next door to Disney Village. Even Americans will confirm that this is walking distance. A great plus. The hotel itself is again one of those huge buildings where rooms are nice big. The hotel offers facilities like a pool, shops, spa, gamesroom (some of the amenities cost extra). Staff is friendly. Sadly again, like in most American hotels, breakfast is not included. It is possible to buy some small breakfast stuff on the ground floor, but best is to take your own breakfast along. Probably there is a breakfast buffet somewhere in the hotel but we did not go for that option. If you are destined for Disney this hotel offers a great location. If you want THE Disney experience with all kinds of Donalds and Mickeys jumping around you should go for official Disney hotels. If you are stuffed with Disney figures after a full day in the parcs and you want to arrive in your hotel after a short drive where you are not constantly reminded of "it's a small world after all" this hotel could be the one for you. Especially if you want to drop down to the Disney village in the evening and watch some lego statues, eat some hotdogs or have a beer in an Irish pub or a biker bar.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Arlo P
OrlandoInterested, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. We appreciate the feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed your visit with us. Your review was right on! We are an older hotel, but our rooms are a little bit bigger than standard rooms and our location is like no other in the area. Our views are fabulous and we are just a walk away from Downtown Disney.

Thank you again for writing a review. We are pleased you chose to stay with us and hope you can come back to visit again.

Kind Regards,
Kristin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Terra Verde Resort
#11 of 62 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#10 of 62 in Kissimmee

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!