“I got a great deal at this hotel and was very happy.”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #203 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Honestly I had a standard room in the main hotel and was extremely pleased. No issues with anything. They were very nice and the transportation to all the Disney parks was great on time and saved us the parking $$$. I am a frequent Disney traveler and will certainly state negative experience but for me this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for your very positive review on TripAdvisor! I'm happy that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed yourself while you were here. We look forward to your next visit!

Garth

Write a ReviewReviews (5,209)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The hotel is situated in a very convenient location to access Downtown Disney and for the shuttles that provide transport to the theme parks. The amenities are good with regard to pools, sports facilities and the spa. The rooms are exceptionally spacious and the beds very comfortable. The bathroom could do with a renovation (mainly the bathtub, wallpaper and toilet) but is sufficient for our needs. I like the Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries provided. The breakfast is of a very high quality and features a large variety. The only issue we experienced was a fire alarm being set off early on Saturday morning and nobody knowing what to do - there were guests running around in their underwear and pyjamas. I attempted to call the Guest relations and Bell desk and none of my calls were answered. This meant that I had to get dressed and pack my stuff and go running downstairs to find a staff member only to find out that there was no real fire. I think there should be a PA system to announce to guests that the alarm is not real instead of causing such inconvenience to guests (and most definitely that the Guest relations staff should answer the phone to let guests know that there is no fire). The front desk staff member gave me a credit to use for breakfast the following day but when I got to breakfast the server couldn't find a credit on our account and I was forced to pay by credit card for the breakfast. Upon check out the front desk told me that I still have a credit! I think that this was complete incompetence on the part of the dining room and this should be addressed. I have stayed in this hotel before but am not sure whether I would stay there again

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor; I appreciate your very positive comments on our hotel in spite of the inconvenience of having the fire alarm go off.

Please be aware that we take fire alarms very seriously and encourage our guests to do the same. We never test our alarm system without notifying hotel guests in advance, so when an alarm sounds we expect all guests and employees to treat the alarm as genuine. Hotel employees--including staff at Guest Services--is notified only after the fire department clears the cause of the alarm. Guests will then be ushered back into the hotel from their designated gathering point outside the hotel. False fire alarms are a rare occurance but we encourage you to follow the hotel's established fire alarm procedures.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here. The hotel is in a great location, right across from Downtown Disney. It has a nice pool area and overall the hotel is nice. The Bell Services are very nice and helpful also... I would give the hotel 3.5 stars if I could.

Few things to know... it is very rare that you can actually check-in to the hotel before 4pm. Either the cleaning staff is slow or they have too much to do, but most of the time you will wait to get into your room. We did have a housekeeping issue where they didnt clean the room thoroughly, but they did fix it. Also, the rooms are typical hotel rooms. The bathroom is good size and all rooms have a balcony, make sure you ask for fireworks view if you want one... only one side can see the fireworks. This hotel needs to be updated with new carpet and paint. There is a resort charge for each night as well, usually around $28. Nice arcade with games in the hotel... Overall it is good, but it is missing the little details for trim, small stains, and things that would make it 5 star.

If you are paying more than $120 for this hotel, you can find much better deals... but it will be hard to find a better location!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank soccercoach18
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for your feedback! I can't take issue with anything you said in your review (except to reiterate the cost of the resort fee which is $21.95/day). We hear what you are saying about updating the facility and we are taking action. We have already resurfaced the entire pool area, purchased new pool furniture and replaced a good amount of carpet in the hotel. And we have several more improvements scheduled.

As always, we welcome your feedback a hope you will visit us again as we continue to make improvements--big and small--around our hotel.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I received great reviews on the hotel and a great rate from Expedia so I decided to book. I usually stay at the Westin Universal Dr. for $130 a night and got a rate for $100 a night at this hotel. I checked in at about 4 in the afternoon and they "upgraded" me to a firework view for me and my two kids (infant and toddler). I get to my room and it is right off of the elevator which I did not think much of until later but I looked in the room and the room was not properly cleaned.

It was not vacuumed, the toilet was clogged and there was dust in every corner of the room. I tried to stay calm and went to the front desk and asked to have housekeeping come and re-clean the room. I left to meet my family for dinner and a show and returned to the hotel at 9 (an hour past their bedtime). The only cleaning done in the room was unclogging the toilet. There was corn on the floor, paper strips, and PILLS!!!! I do not know what they were for but it is very dangerous with an infant! I called housekeeping- no answer on phone, I called guest services - no answer on phone, I called front desk - guess what?! NO ANSWER!!! I call operator who was wonderful but shocked she too could not get an answer on the phone. At 10:00 we ran into an even bigger problem, trying to get my kids to sleep they kept getting woken up by the elevator and the people talking in front of it. The rooms were not soundproofed properly. We tried to get a room change and we couldn't get anyone on the phone! 10:30 I decided to go downstairs with my husband on hold waiting for the front desk back in the room. I got us a room change by stirring a HUGE commotion downstairs and first they said the only room available was a handicapped room until I said that was unacceptable and magically (because we were in Disney and all) they found another room for me.

I get back to the room (at 11:00 maybe even a little later) and my husband was still on hold! A few minutes later Emilio answered the phone and asked how he can help. We laughed at him out of frustration because we were on hold so long.

The hotel offered to comp 1 night and give free breakfasts (let us see if we get the comp because it was pre-paid).

It was still not worth it not for $10 a night. By the way parking is $21 a night plus $26 a night resort fee so what you think is cheap of $100 a night comes out more money than my Westin wonderful experiences of $130 a night.

NEVER AGAIN!!!! I love my kids too much!

Room Tip: Ask Reynoldo (housekeeping manager) to make sure your room is clean before you check in. He is wonde...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Love2Travel087

Dear Reviewer:

I certainly apologize for your experience while at our hotel. It is NEVER our intent to check a guest into a room that has not been properly prepared and your comments will be shared with the appropriate department heads to ensure this doesn't happen again.

The kind of experience you described is rare here but it certainly does seem as though we missed our mark on the night you stayed with us. We will be a better hotel because of your feedback and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future to see what real service we strive to provide our guests. And the next time you visit, please don't feel you have to pay to park your vehicle. We have nearly 5 acres of parking lot that is always free for our guests.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Garth, before you respond to this review, I would suggest that you take your colleagues through the hotel and attend to the issues that have been brought up here on Trip Advisor. I was rooting for the hotel, after being pleasantly welcomed and checked in by the sweetest receptionist. Hoping that the reviews here were missing something. However, upon entering the hotel room, it was a major disappointment.

No, this is not a 4 or even 3 star set up. The room has potential, but Garth's colleagues are not on the ball. The bath area was musty, mildew between the tiles, black gunk eminating from the vent. The drawers were unusable, so smelly that I had to close them immediately upon opening them. The carpets were worn, stained, poorly maintained.

The distant parking area is a HUGE issue, a long, long way from the hotel. The alternative is to pay a $20/day valet charge, so there is little incentive for the hotel to change this. And, yes, I was aware of the $25 charge (including taxes) for the 'resort fee', which is just another name to pad bills with charges for ordinary services. Just to be sure, the hotel provides guests with a sheet that details why the resort fee is actually beneficial! It does cover internet (!), and local phone calls (whew, as if nobody uses cell phones),, and the rather ordinary pool area.

Garth, if your colleagues put some effort into addressing the complaints and issues, instead of just thanking guests for bringing them to your attention, there would be hope for this hotel. Your staff has to be aware of the issues and current conditions, as they are plainly described in many other reviews. For some reason, the hotel lets them persist. Perhaps that's the business model, but if so, the star rating needs to be reduced to around a 2. Instead of an empty response, or question of why I didn't ask to change rooms (hotel was sold out), take a tour of your hotel and address the problems so that future travellers won't encounter them.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank yorikiri_from_nyc
OrlandoInterested, Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Yorikiri;

Thank you for your comments. Yorikiri, please note that all of your concerns of the hotel will be brought to our managers attention to address.

Note we do have a resort fee that does include a number of items that many hotels charge individually. Parking, currently is a part of this price. We do have ample parking for the hotel but with ample amounts the distances will vary to the hotel.

Our managers do take a great deal of pride in what they do and the hotel. We like every business strive for outstanding scores and hope that all of our customers like our product. In many cases our customers do like the hotel.

I am so sorry we were not able to be your hotel of choice.

Cindy

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel is amazing it met all standards the pool is heated and felt like bath water there was a really cool pirate slide the rooms are huge and have amazing views where ever u are everyone at the hotel understands if we had any issues which we didn't but they understood when anybody did. Food and arcades were located in the hotel. The restaurants had amazing food and were correct with our orders. The servers were so friendly and we enjoyed it the arcades were fun for our whole family and were very cheap 1$ got us 5 tokens. Every day at the pool they have 2 amazing people " Amanda and Junior" they play and entertain kids at the pool. We met Amanda and junior and now Kane my 5 year old brother asks to go see them everyday. every morning he wakes us up saying can we go see Amanda and junior and so we do they made our stay amazing. We had a very bad experience at nickeloden hotel and we were talking about it briefly throughout our conversations and the next day we got a basket from Amanda, junior and the management because Amanda and Junior told them about our other horrible stay at nickeloden. But now we have moved on to this amazing hotel and are more than happy here. The list could go on about everything here at this awesome hotel but the staff at the front desk were amazing such as kathrine blossom and many more. Over at the ticket stand was an amazing lady named Kerri she helped us through all our attraction issues not at the hotel but with Disney and all the parks so we just wanted to say a big big big thank u to every one at this amazing awesome kid friendly hotel buena vista resort

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Traveling11yearold
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear 11-Year Old Reviewer:

Thank you for your very comprehensive review of our hotel! It's so nice to hear from our younger guests that we are providing the kind of fun activities you enjoy, too! We will be sure that the staff members you mentioned get a copy of your review.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope we see you and your family at the Buena Vista Palace again soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We travelled to Orlando for the Capitol One Bowl and was pleased to learn a Bridge Tournament was taking place at the BV Palace so we booked in for 5 nights at a very good Bridge rate. The room was very nice, good sized and clean. No evidence of bugs or other problems some reviewers noted. The place is a real maze of long hallways. It seemed like we often walked 100 yards to ride an elevator for 10 seconds then walk another 100 yards to a location directly below where we started. The wifi did work but was EXTREMELY slow. TV quality was poor. We ate twice at the Sports Bar and once at Cafe. Food in both places was quite good with prices as you would expect in a resort. They could have staffed restaurants for peak demand.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zephyr10

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for your kind words about our rooms and eateries. We work hard to make your stay a comfortable one and we appreciate you extending long enough to join the bridge players! We are currently having some challenges with some of the TV channels and are working with our signal provider to get those problems cleared up in the next day or so. My apologies for the inconvenience.

We hope you keep us in mind for your next trip to the Orlando area.