We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and the Disney area in general. The hotel is large, around 25 floors, with ample parking and we would probably score it around 8 out of 10. There is nothing that stands out as particularly special but during our 10 days we encountered no real problems. The room was of a decent size with a small balcony overlooking the lake and Downtown Disney. It was clean with a good bathroom, powerful shower, combination safe and fridge. It had wifi but most of the time this didn't work in our room. We were a reasonably long walk from the lifts but they were quick and always readily available.
On the ground floor is a Disney shop and a small cafe where we ate breakfast several times. It sold coffee, cereals, pastries, yogurts etc and we found it easier than heading out in the car to the many local restaurants. It was fairly pricey by comparison, although not prohibitively so, but you'd expect this when you eat in-hotel. There was also an a la carte breakfast restaurant which we didn't use but this seemed very popular also. We also ate once in the 180 bar and this meal was good and the surroundings really pleasant. Other reviewers have complained of the distance you have to walk from your car to the hotel but this seems to be a catch 22. The hotel is huge and there is never a shortage of parking, but obviously not everyone can park next to the entrance. Another big advantage is the proximity to Downtown Disney which is only a few minutes away on foot, and which is a nice place to spend the evening, with shops, bars, restaurants etc.
The Disney bus service from the hotel is excellent with frequent, clearly marked, buses from the car park and a sheltered waiting area. We loved the parks we visited with the definite exception of Hollywood Studios which we felt was rubbish and a wasted day. The rides had huge waiting times and the fast passes were either not available or had return times of around midnight. We cannot say strongly enough, DONT BOTHER GOING. We also thought Legoland fell well short of the Disney parks in terms of attractions and customer service. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon all more than lived up to expectations though, with Epcot probably just shading it as our favourite. We were there for Xmas and as you've probably heard the parks are really busy at this time, and if you want to do all the big rides you'll probably be a bit disappointed.
We ate out most days, sometimes for breakfast and also dinner and always found the meals to be fine. We liked Denny's for breakfast and twice had dinner at the Santa Fe Steakhouse, which was our favourite. Good food and service and a really American easy going atmosphere. Much cheaper than UK for steak as well. We tried the Golden Corral buffet one day for breakfast and although they served almost anything you can think of, it was pretty downmarket with plastic plates and we didn't go back.
All in all very happy with our choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an Orlando resort getaway that ascends above the rest. Soaring 27 stories above the world's favorite destination, Buena Vista Palace is a beautiful resort in the Walt Disney World® Resort just a short walk from Disney Springs™. Guests can enjoy complimentary transportation to Disney Theme Parks and the Disney Springs™ area. Feel the magic the moment you arrive. For work or play, delight in our exclusive amenities, stunning accommodations, and alluring setting. Plus, we're just 25 minutes from downtown Orlando and the Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa