“Nice Property, Not quite Disney”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #205 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice Property, Not quite Disney”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I were there for a conference and some vacation time. We thought this would be a great property being in the "Good Neighbor" program with Disney. However, we saw the grounds were definitely not a Disney property. There was trash on the grounds, and on our last night we were awaken with the fire alarm going off around 5 AM. They did not let us know it was just a false alarm. We trudged outside, only to find out about 20 minutes later it was a false alarm.
We did enjoy the close proximity to Downtown Disney, as well as the ambiance of the property. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The concierge was first rate. The food was a bit pricey in the cafe. The resort was beautiful and overall we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fritchey
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We were very happy to read that our concierce provided "first rate" service and we will be sure to share your review with the concierge staff. Regarding the trash on the grounds, we believe landscaping is a big part of the experience of staying in a nice hotel and we obviously needed to be paying closer attention the day you were with us. We apologize and will discuss this matter with the appropriate department manager. Again, thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (980)
Stevensville, Michigan
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was lucky enough to win a trip through BNI (Business Networking International) and my husband and I stayed here for 4 days 3 nights. Our room was clean and comfortable with a nice view. We were able to see the Balloon from the Disney Marketplace under a full moon.
Our meeting took place in one of many conference rooms located on the first floor where there was a breakfast included that was wonderful with a perfect staff. Always attentive and respectful.
The Disney Marketplace was right across the street so one didn't have to take a bus and there isn't a fee to enter which was wonderful. So many restaurants to choose from over there.
We would recommend this to anyone who wants to visit this area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
OrlandoInterested, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you taking the time to right a review. We appreciate all the positive feedback and are so delighted you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope come back to see us again real soon.

Kind Regards,
Kristin
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Arrived Friday evening to check in about 7:45. Bell services were friendly, but we lost patience due to the ridiculous amount of time it took to help us with our bags. With 4 check-in hosts working, the line was so long it took us more than 20 minutes to get through it, but host was very friendly & helpful once we got through. Be prepared for a $21.95 DAILY "resort fee" over & above your nightly rate to cover internet, parking, & shuttles to Disney. Oh & after they charge sales tax on the Resort fee it's almost $24 per day. Room #1181... Very nice room, though a tad musty upon entry and needing a little TLC. Had a view of EPCOT, but couldn't enjoy the balcony to see the view because one of the neighbors was evidently needing to smoke all the rest of their pot before they left the next morning. Comfortable beds, but awakened just after 8AM by prolonged excessively noisy housekeeping staff & guests in the hall. Quick service food excellent, but definitely "Disney" prices. I know some of what I mentioned could not be helped by hotel management, but some things can... And this was my experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DisnyFnatk
Dear Reviewer,
We appreciate the feedback on your recent stay. Anticipating heavy check in times can be a challenge for our department heads and ensuring we have enough staff on hand to serve our guests is of the highest priority. Still, we understand that doesn't make it any less frustrating when guests are delayed and we will continue to work hard to mimimize those instances. We are sorry your experience was not as expected.

Respectfully,
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at Buena Vista in July 2013, on our first trip to Disney World as a family. We drove there from Miami - It was a longer drive than we had anticipated, but the hotel was great. We got 2 adjoining rooms and did a whole bunch of grocery shopping at the nearby stores to stock up for Disney - The rooms were large , the staff cleaned them well. There was a laundry room where you could use your credit card to purchase detergent as well as do the laundry - it cost more than regular laundromats, but well worth the convenience. In general I would recommend this place for families. The only catch is that breakfast costs about $22 so you need to plan to eat elsewhere. The Disney bus comes over mornings and drops you till late in the evening which was super convenient for us. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Agatha G
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are always listening to our guests to understand what amenities they expect when traveling and do our best to make them available. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Respectfully,
Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I cannot recommend this hotel. Parking is very far (one review said it was 20 steps away) not true. Our first room on the tenth floor smelled musky and was full of dust and mold on ceiling fans, air duct and walls. The refrigerator had an half full bottle of iced tea and two water bottles. Bathroom had one towel set. Seemed like it was an occupied room not really cleaned.

We asked for another room, smelled better but same issues with layers of dirt/grime on ceiling fan. The next morning we notified the front desk which said they would send someone immediately. When we returned from the Park, the room was made but the nothing done about our complaint. We asked for a manager who sent someone to the room to look at the dirt, then she sent another person who kindly took care of the fan and balcony windows full of dust accumulation. My complaint is that our first room was in the same condition and I'd think they're all in these same maintenance schedule. In my opinion, there's so many better choices.....if you don't think that your room is clean, you're not relaxed.

Disappointed!

Stayed October 2013

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Southlake, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel needs a complete makeover. The room was good though. The food was so bad we felt we had wasted our money on it. There is a little snack shop in the basement with pastries so old I couldn't bite into it. I should gap have asked for a refund

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary T
OrlandoInterested, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
We are sorry to hear you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. We have taken your comments and shared them with our Food & Beverage team so these issues can be addressed and corrected accordingly. We do agree with you; our rooms are spacious and comfortable with lovely balconies and magnificent views. We hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future. We have exciting projects on the horizon and we would enjoy having you back to see our improvements.

Again, we are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations this visit.

Kind Regards,
Kristin
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went away from Ft Lauderdale Florida for a "by myself weekday getaway" to observe the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. I actually got a better deal as a Florida Resident when I went to the Buena Vista Palace website to make the reservations...$70 a night for a balcony room. I was aware regarding the extra resort fee per night which was still very inexpensive compared to the other Disney property hotels. (Generally, I stay at Port Orleans, however, this time was too much out of my price range.)
The Palace is directly across the street from Downtown Disney. Walking distance and only minutes from any of the Disney parks.
As soon as I walked in, the bell person took my bags and the valet parked my vehicle...$20 per night for valet plus tip if you care to do so.
I was there bright and early from a three hour drive and got to the resort at an early 10am...I was more than happy to leave my luggage with the valet until my room would be ready by 3pm, however, the very friendly lady at the front desk allowed me to go to my room at 10am! Moreover, when I asked if I could possibly see if I could have an upgrade to a Disney Fireworks Balcony view...The wonderful lady at the front desk checked and in a matter of moments, she gave me my keys...NO charge for the upgrade! WOW! Free Upgrade to watch the Disney Fireworks (all I had to do was ask!)
My room 1842 in the towers was spectacular! I had a very large comfortable king size bed (mind you, with very high count thread sheets and pillows)...nothing to spare...one down-grade I would have to say about some of the Disney resorts would be the bedding...I am used to Egyptian cotton high end thread count...this was here!
My room was huge and could fit another three more guests...Large desk place, large couch (with pull out bed for two adults)...coffee, fridge (that works)...and large private bathroom area.
What I loved about my room was I had a two chair and table area on the balcony whereas, I could have a nice cup of coffee in the morning and over look Downtown Disney or at night...virtually, lay in my very comfy king size bed with a nice glass of wine and watch the fireworks from BOTH Epcot and Magic Kingdom!
1842 (room) was great because it was a few doors from the elevator, right near the stairwell(case of a fire) and near the ice machine.
The only caveat was that if you wanted room service there was a huge service charge, delivery charge, tip, etc...(most hotels charge this way anyways...) however, when I decided to have delivery from outside the hotel...The outside delivery service is NOT allowed to enter into the hotel...hence, one would have to walk down to the bottom level of the hotel near the Parks/Recreation pick-up to receive their delivery of food.
I was so busy at the parks enjoying myself at the Wine and Food Festival that I was unable to visit any of the recreation or pool areas of the hotel...however, (whilst picking up my delivery at 11pm at night) that the hotel offered a quick service/deli area for sundries, wine beer, etc.
This hotel was well worth the Florida Discount I received...I highly recommend the Lake Buena Vista Palace anytime and will go back in the near future. Check this out if the Disney Park Resorts are too much out of your price range!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade for a Disney Firework Balcony view! Well Worth it...watch the beautiful firework...