We stayed at the Buena Vista Palace for a short stay-cation just for fun. Our rate was based on a website that offers daily deals so it was extremely affordable.
Located near Walt Disney World theme parks and walking distance to the Downtown Disney Shopping Village, there's no other reason to stay there. Buses to the Magic Kingdom or any of the other three Disney Parks had a recommended travel time of 1 and a half hours which by car would only be 10 minutes at the most.
Our room had a beautiful view of the actual lake called Lake Buena Vista but only a tiny cramped balcony that barely stood two from which to enjoy it. The rooms were a nice size, clean but a tad bit threadbare--just sort of sad. The sliding glass door that lead to the tiny balcony was so heavily tinted, it blocked the pretty view of the lake. It was a not exactly a tranquil hotel--loud A/C and the noise from adjoining rooms was ludicrous.
But the biggest disappointment was the pool area. The hotel has two pools only steps from each other and one was just a rectangular lap pool, so i wondered why they even bothered having two. Partially covered by the roof of the pool bar, the larger pool had no personality and just seemed sad. The deck was dirty with well, dirt, I guess. (We would have been uncomfortable going barefoot.) There were wet towels draped over many of the chairs that were scattered about haplessly. It seemed that there were no staff members around to keep things in order. We were uncomfortable with the state of the pool so much so that we didn't even dip our toes in.
Keep in mind, our room rate was $62 including taxes but for a hotel that boasts the name of "Palace", there seemed to be nothing palatial about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an Orlando resort getaway that ascends above the rest. Soaring 27 stories above the world's favorite destination, Buena Vista Palace is a beautiful resort in the Walt Disney World® Resort just a short walk from Disney Springs™. Guests can enjoy complimentary transportation to Disney Theme Parks and the Disney Springs™ area. Feel the magic the moment you arrive. For work or play, delight in our exclusive amenities, stunning accommodations, and alluring setting. Plus, we're just 25 minutes from downtown Orlando and the Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa