“Will not stay again for more than one night and not for that price.”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #207 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Will not stay again for more than one night and not for that price.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

First, traveling was my husband, 20yr old daughter, my 6yr old son, and me. My husband called to confirm our room one week prior to our 3 night stay to ensure that we would have 2 double or queen beds. They said no problem. We arrive and they had no rooms with 2 beds left. So, they wanted to put us in a room with one king and a double sleeper sofa(which the sofa sleepers are not comfortable, unless you are a small child). Well, my husband was upset, so to accommodate they put us in a suite with the same sleeping situation but just a larger room and offered a rollaway at no extra charge. We went to our room and it took forever for them to bring the rollaway and extra towels. And thank goodness we got a rollaway because the sleeper sofa was really, really worn. The room we stayed in was old with poor ventilation so there was mildew in corners of the room and bathroom and it looked liked they tried to paint over it. The glass shower leaked out big time. Our room was "poolside" and people were at the pool until 1 and 2 am, and they were loud! You could hear every time the balcony door opened and closed from the room above. Now, they were 2 buildings, the main and the other one that we stayed in across on the other side of the pool. I'm not sure if the main building was any better and the building we stayed in was older, but that was where the suites were so, not sure. The thing I did like is that we were able to walk to Downtown Disney.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank linjoelinjoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
Kennesaw
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The location and the property itself was pretty good. However the pool area is relatively small and the spa is not that large. It is nice though that the hotel offers a spa and other amenities like wireless internet, Disney store, and quick service food option. The transportation to Disney was relatively reliable but I think the Disney owned transportation is better. When I walked into my room there was candy and crumbs all over the carpeting! And there were some signs of mold starting to build up in the bathroom shower! Because of the floor being so dirty we had to call housekeeping to re-vacuum our room. The fact that we had to call housekeeping when we got into the room was very disappointing to say the least.

Room Tip: A high floor room in the main tower that faces the north or west (so the room faces the Downtown Dis...
2 Thank Neil P
Rome, Italy
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Conveniently located across from Downtown Disney this is an excellent alternative to the Disney resorts. Large comfortable rooms a lovely location and 3 swimming pools. Complimentary transport to all Disney parks. Have been coming to this hotel over the years.

3 Thank supergct
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I really liked that 75.00 resort credit. We used it toward breakfast and the character breakfast. The Buffett is wonderful. Make sure you get up at a reasonable time so you miss the line to wait. The rooms were very comfortable. The mini fridge and safe were great. The bathroom area was a big dirty upon arrival. As we stayed the room seemed more dusty. The balcony never had been clean. Wish they had lights outside. The used the bell hop and porter service due to the long down hill walk to the parking lot. I sent my husband to get the van and me and the girls called the bell hop to load up bags and take down to the van. Very helpful. Loved the pool and game room were open all hours. Hot tub was nice when it wasn't full. The staff was very helpful and caring though out our stay. It seemed they all reached out a little extra call. Best tip was to bring your own pool towels. They ran out every night. My kids enjoyed the playground just wish it was more lit up at night time. Over all....I would stay there again. It was everything we were looking for. Walking distance to DTD

2 Thank ElisaSuttonSmith
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel thro Virgin holidays and very disappointed. Although location is excellent, opposite Downtown Disney, and the suites are spacious and luxurious, the pool area, outside and exterior of the hotel are tired. We could have stayed in a truly amazing 5 star hotel for the money this cost.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank julie m
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have stayed here a dozen times over the last 5 years and it is always wonderful. First, the location for Downtown Disney is unbeatable-just walk accross the street. The rooms are always clean and up to date. You can self park to the left of the building, thus are not forced to pay for valet. The Disney view rooms are the best and can be found at a very reasonable rate. I would recommend that you do not book the least expensive room, as this means you will likely be put in the smaller buildings by the pool. I stayed there once and was kept up all night listening to the buses dropping people off at Downtown Disney. This is the only negative experience I've ever had here.The small market on the 1st floor has wonderful breakfast and snack items at a reasonable price-bagels, yogurt, donuts, juice, cookies, etc I highly recommend this hotel for visitors to Disney.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building on a high floor
2 Thank arnoldsson
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Spent a night after a conference in Orlando. We have stayed here in the past, and know this is a lovely, safe, clean resort. We got in late, and there was somewhat of a line at check-in. Our reservation was a bit mixed up, a queen sized room when we had requested a king, but it was quickly remedied by the wonderful front desk person, Rudy. He was cheerful and efficient, just what you need to see after a busy day. Our room was great, a suite actually, and even though it was on the ground floor facing the pool, it was as quiet as I had requested. Didn't get to enjoy the pool, but from past visits know that the family pool area is large and well maintained. The breakfast buffet was very good.
Since we only went to Downtown Disney the next day we just took our own car. In prior visits the transportation worked well for us, and saved on the parking fees for the parks.
My only quibble was that when I finally got into bed, there was a hole in the sheets right where my toes went. I was so tired I didn't bother to call, and forgot all about it the next day. I did tell the hotel on their website, hopefully the housekeeping staff saw this when the changed the linens. However, this will not keep me from staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JeanS190
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 59 in Kissimmee
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
#2 of 13 in Davenport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,072 reviews

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!