“Can't beat the location”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #208 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Lawrence, Kansas
“Can't beat the location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. While checking in we were asked the reason for our visit. After stating that it was our anniversary, we received a complimentary room upgrade to the 26th floor, with views of the fireworks from Epcot! The room was great, the service was great, but the bonus for me was being able to walk (across the street) to Downtown Disney. We had a great time with all of the live music, food, and shopping. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (965)
Indore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I really loved staying there, the best part it was just infront of the downtown disney so If u missed a shuttle from any disney park just go to any other disney resort and take another shuttle for downtown disney, another thing which I liked about the hotel was that there was small shop at the ground floor of hotel from where u can buy soft drinks, sandwiches, choclate, coffee etc. etc.... I liked the hotel...

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank riteshchugh
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Unfortunately this has been the WORST hotel experience I have ever had! Upon check in we were assigned a KING bed with a pullout couch. The first room we went into had no couch, we were then moved "next door" and the room smelled like a chain smoker stayed in the room for weeks. Three rooms later....almost at midnight we finally received a room. Today, upon arriving back to the hotel our keys did not open the lock. Two sets of room keys later and a visit from security, the door lock is broken and needs to be fixed, therefore if we leave the room security will need to be called to open the room for us each time. OMG do NOT book this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Ma M

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have stayed at the Buena Vista Palace several times, and each at different times of the year. We never have had a bad experience, and all the rooms were very nicely appointed and clean. The customer service of the front desk and managers were superb. The hotel offers a shuttle bus to all of the Disney attractions, and is close to the downtown Disney area.

Room Tip: Not worth getting a balcony room, the balconies are VERY small, and not worth getting the Epcot view...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank flrn64
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at this property a few weeks ago. I tried to book online where you can go today and see they have a rate of $159.00 per night and if you stay 4 nights you get a $100 resort credit. I had trouble booking so called front desk and they did booking for me. I told them i wanted to do the special where I get the $100 and they said you automatically get it because I am paying full rate of $159.00 with no discount. The $100 could be used at anything at resort.. I went to desk on saturday night to make sure it was applied and they said no and it could not be. The front desk was pretty rude about it as well. They gave me the card of the front desk manager. I wrote him telling him due to them saying that we did not even order room service the last day because we was told we would not be getting it we had only had breakfast once during our stay costing $50.00. !st off I faxed them 5 times and there fax machine was broke. So that wasted an hour tying to refax over and over.

I finally got i touch with manager over phone and he said to write in an email what had happened and he would call me back with a resolution. When he called me back he said that my room was booked under and special block of rooms that did not qualify. I asked him how much I paid he said $159. I said what is the normal rate to get the discount. His response is $159. I said I do not understand then why do not I get the discount I am paying the SAME amount as everyone else and was PROMISED by 2 hotel staff members upon booking that they noted my reservation and since then I was paying full rate i for sure get the discount. I even heard them ask another agent when i made reservation because she was unsure and said 100 percent as long as I was paying the $159 rate. I took nearly 2 weeks the front office manager to call me back and he said that he was refunding only the room service that was less that half of what we was promised. He said It was because I did not haver any other room charges. I explained to him I was scared to charge anything else after the front desk employees after I flew across country and arrived had seemed to change there mind i was scared to do room charges so I did charge a $110 meal on the same credit card which could have easily been adjusted. He sent me an email saying he credited the $48 under exceptional circumstances because I did not qualify. I finally realized they did not care and did not care about promises they make just get you there and take your money and not hold what there staff says a rules. Its clear I stayed 4 nights over $800 total in business and they treated me like I was asking for something criminal. All I wanted was what was promised. So they still got me for $50 but lose a customer.

Room Tip: Get in WRITING special for the summer.. the 50/75/100 resort credit. Because when you check out they...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank sandiegobrady
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

When we stayed at this hotel a member of our group got an ipad stolen from her room. It was hidden inside the closet and was stolen the day before we checked out. There was an $800 camera on the bed untouched and money on the table that was untouched. I somewhat understand that the hotel is not responsible for all items that are stolen by their workers but they refused to accommodate anything for the $700 ipad that was taken. We will never be staying here again for how this situation was handled. I was very disappointed. So if anyone finds an iPad "tangled in the sheets" from housekeeping.. you know who to contact.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank missy s
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel June 2013 with my partner and 19 yr old daughter. There are some positives and some negatives but I'll just go for it.
The hotel lobby and reception areas including the first floor area are very welcoming and updated. On the first floor you access the Disney store, cafe and mini mart. The mini mart is pretty expensive so I would avoid and use the vending machines on each floor.
You also access the pool area on the first floor which is very open and well laid out. There are 2 pools and a jacuzzi which are lovely to unwind in after a day at the parks.
The room itself was really a story of two halves. The actual room was spacious and well laid out with 2 very large and comfy beds. There is a very small balcony but it's adequate for two people.
The bathroom was a completely different story and the reason why I don't believe this hotel is five star. The bathroom was dingy and in disrepair. It was dirty with built up grime in the corners and a tiny bath. It's almost like the rooms have been updated but they didn't budget for the bathrooms. There were even loose tiles on the floor. Our room had an adjoining door to next door which meant that you could hear the people next door taking a pee! Not what you would expect from a five star. The duvets and pillows were extremely comfortable although halfway through our holiday they must have run out of duvet covers and just sandwiched the duvet between two sheets. I asked for this to be changed but it continued. It made me feel uncomfortable that the duvet was exposed and not covered.
There are a couple of places to eat at the hotel but we felt these were pretty expensive so ate out most of the time.
In summary this hotel is in a fantastic location for Downtown Disney (don't wait for the bus it's literally a five min walk) and the theme parks. The communal areas are lovely and the rooms are spacious. I would not consider the bathrooms to be five star (more like two/three) and maybe some sound proofing would help. I don't think we will be going back,partly because of the reasons above and partly because there are other hotels with a similar great location.

Room Tip: There are various rooms with different views. Our room overlooked the lake which was OK but might be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank jue489
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 59 in Kissimmee
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
#2 of 13 in Davenport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,065 reviews

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!