“Nice Hotel but....”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #206 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The actual hotel and room is fabulous. We were on the 25th floor and had marvelous views of the area. The only reason I gave this a 4 star instead of a 5-star is because of the lack of friendliness of the staff! They left a lot to be desired. If you come expecting to have friendly folks helping you out, don't have too high of expectations or you may well be disappointed! If you are looking for a very comfortable bed and nice room this would be a great place. Too bad both can not be accomplished in the same Hotel. Maybe everyone was just having a 'bad hair day'! There are other choices in the area. Don't know about any of them however.

Room Tip: Higher floors are great for rhe views.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three nights, and found everything was fantastic. The staff on arrival were great, very friendly and helpful. I used the valet parking for my car, and they were fabulous, nothing was too much trouble, they constantly ran up and down the hill for the cars, and I consider at $25 for the day was worth it, the self parking was a little far, but not outragous , but with the weather so hot, I decided the valet was a better idea.
The room was very clean and comfortable, I was on the 19th Floor of the tower, and it had a view of downtown disney, and if I leant over the balcony could see the epcot fireworks. The bed was fab, very comfortable, good shower, and a small fridge. A little noisy from the next room, but only slightly, the biggest noise was people banging their doors, and you can't blame the hotel for that, just ignorant people who give no thought to anyone else, and bang the doors. This hotel is lovely, and I would definately return. It is ideally located to Downtown Disney, just a short stroll across the road, which I did every night, even though I was on my own, it was safe and easy to do, meant I could have a drink with dinner and not worry,
I used the spa, which was wonderful, and I would highly recommend this. The pools were all very nice, with loads of chairs, and comfy cushions on them.
The only gripe I had, is I went to the bar for the happy hour, and the only thing that was included in the happy hour was beer, WHY. But the bar was very good otherwise, and the bartender was lovely.
I would recommend this hotel and do not believe the reviews moaning about it, they are just moaning for the sake of it.

Room Tip: I had a tower room on 19th floor which was good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Diane D
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We recently held a recycling conference at this venue. The staff was accommodating and the venue was great for the conference. The exhibitor area was large and met our needs well and the staff ensured that the food was well presented, hot or cold as applicable and the networking space worked great for us. The food for our annual luncheon was tasty and well presented. My only complaint was that salads were delivered in advance of the patrons being seated which resulted in much waste:( Recycling was offered throughout and the hotel has a good program for conserving resources in the rooms by offering a program where patrons can opt to not have sheets and towels replaced daily.

there were negative reviews concerning bedbugs, but I had no reports of this from any of our 175 participants. Perhaps folks should realize, we are in Florida and mosquitos are prevalent so maybe what people thought were bedbugs were actually mosquitos.

Food at the pool bar was a little pricey for the average food and the sports bar was about the same.

The location is great, right across the street from downtown disney and grocery, pharmacy and a wide variety of chain restaurants are very close.

I will add that the valet was one of the best I have used. The cost is high, but the staff was really quick and it eliminated a long walk for parking. I will never embrace the internet fees, even though I paid for it and it worked fine, no resort should charge for this service. It also was only available in selected spots around the resort and in the rooms but not available in the conference area without an additional fee. Shame on them.

All in all a very nice conference venue, clean, good service and lots of amenities for families. Oh and we held an event on the top floor and it was fabulous, great view and really well managed, we had a blast and the food was awesome!

Thank you Lake Buena Vista REsort!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stay at hotels frequently and this one was very good. It is located close to downtown disney and is a short bus ride away to Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Buses also run to downtown disney but it is walkable... Maybe 5 min. You could also walk to Goodins- a grocery store about 15-20 walk which is nice since u have a refrig in ur room. You can also transfer to a different bus at Downtown Disney to get you to the boardwalk.

Rooms are clean, seem well updated with small balcony. Beds are comfy. Average coffee in the room. Starbuks coffee is served downstairs for $4-5 a cup. Pool is nice with areas of shade and hot tub as well.

Expect resprt fees of $21.95 plus 3.50 in taxes roughly per night. I found this to be similar at every other resort. Staff was helpful in helping us plan our trip every day and they gave us late checkout and allowed us to get in at noon on the day of our arrival.

Would stay again. Dependin on what disney parks ou are interested I would consider disney resorts or a resort at universal but this one is great.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Katherine315
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel is located in a great location close to Disney parks, and walking distance to Downtown Disney. We ate at sports bar there and the food was pretty good. The personnel was very kind and service oriented. Rooms clean and comfortable with the exception that the room felt humid during our stay, like if they had a humidifier on, no smells bothered us, so it didn't bother us too much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tabinin
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Although this is a nice property, I found it to be way over-priced. I was appalled at the lack of cleanliness of the hotel room. There was splatter on my ceiling, cobwebs on the balcony and I don't think a broom has ever touched the balcony floor! There was only one towel and one wash cloth per person, and the wash cloths were not replenished the second day! Valet parking is way over-priced and almost a must --- the public parking is quite a distance from the hotel and if you have any disability whatsoever, you absolutely cannot make the hike up the hill. There is no complimentary parking for disabled people. When I argued this with the valet manager, he was quite rude. He said they are a third party business and if customers don't pay, it doesn't look good. So much for customer appreciation!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Please do not stay here. I have what I think are bed bugs. I stayed one night and woke up Friday morning to bites on my face and stomach. There is nothing about this hotel that is Resort. If I wasnt there for a work function I would have moved hotels. Oh, and there was a flood on the SPA level floor that left a nasty mildew oder and I sliped when walking in to the elevator. Please chose another hotel if you value cleanliness and no bugs.

Room Tip: Do not stay in any of the rooms
2  Thank mickies2424
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Terra Verde Resort
#12 of 64 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#8 of 64 in Kissimmee

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!