“Go to the Sunday Morning Character Breakfast”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #204 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The proximity of the hotel to attractions and shopping is ideal. The staff went out of their way to accomodate and correct minor inconveniences that we experienced. The Sunday morning character breakfast is a MUST DO if you have a little one with you! We had adjoining rooms because we were three generatyions traveling together-- it was great. The pools are sparkling! The beds and linens were very cozy and comfortable. This was our second stay- and we will go back!

Room Tip: Choose the Disney View. We had the fireworks view last year, and it was nice. But this year, iit w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,204)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Made a reservation for this hotel based upon the reviews that gave it a four star type rating...while the location is great in walking distance to Downtown Disney and the staff is very accommodating... The hotel is a bit worn. This is a three to three and a half star at most. The rooms are average at best and the furniture is mature. The chairs on the balcony older and dirty. I may be a bit spoiled from staying at Disney Properties. Given the choice - I would stay at a Disney Property. Love the Disney Boardwalk Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is hotel could have been a solid value in a great location. The amenities are good and the bed was very comfortable. However the room size and fixtures keep this property in the very good but not great category.

Like many other reviewers, I think they should rethink their resort fee ($25 after taxes) policy. If you can't opt out of it, it is simply an surcharge on your room rate. I read a response from hotel management that this fee is still less than the total of two ala carte use fees, but it is not less than a per use fee if you don't use a service. It is like an airline charging a baggage fee even if you don't check a bag.

I would have felt much better with the actual (honest) rate up front. Maybe it is human nature, but now I feel ripped off.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Monty1230
Reviewed April 18, 2013

After reading negative review on this site, I was slightly worried about staying here. But we loved our stay and thought the hotel was great. We stayed in the tower, which I would recommend booking, and had a view of Downtown Disney. Our room was quite clean and updated and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in at a hotel. The pools felt fine to me, not cold, and the breakfast buffet was great. Most of all the parking and location were terrific, we had a car and parked it ourselves. We usually got a good spot in the lot. It's a great location to drive to the parks, and we did not use the bus transportation at all. The staff was warm and very helpful. Overall, it was a terrific stay and I loved the hotel
!!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I spent four days and three nights with my family of four at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa for spring break. We were all very excited to go to Orlando, to visit the theme parks and to stay at a hotel so close to Downtown Disney and the Disney theme parks.

Appearance-wise the hotel is impressive. A grand entrance leads into a moder and airy reception area. People are at hand immediately to help with luggage, valet parking, etc. The first impression was good.

After check-in we needed to transport ourselves to another building in the hotel complex were our rooms were waiting for us. An enormously over-eager and condescending hotell employee repeatedly educated us on how to use the elevators, as if we had just descended from the hills of Tennessee and never had experieced riding elevators before. Very annoying, escpecially since I several times tried to thank him for his services and politely tell him to get lost!

Our room - a family suite for four persons- was a big disappointment. The room itself was beautiful and modern. However, we found pubic hair on the bathroom floor, there were only towels for two, and the sofa bed was not made up. When I called room service to have the bed made, a rather surly woman showed up and demonstratively showed us how to do it ourselves. No tip for her.

The biggest disappointment, however, was the fact that the room overlooked a carpark. We had specifically booked - and paid for - a room overlooking Downtown Disney and with a view to the Disney fireworks. When I complained the hotel "remedied" this by offering me to deduct USD 100 for our total bill, the same amount I would have paid to get upgraded from a regular room to a room with a fireworks view. Not good enough! We hadn't travelled half way across the world to look at a car park, and 100 dollars was not enough to make us happy.

And it went downhill from here:
- breakfast was not included (which it had been in all the other, supposedly lower standard hotels we had stayed in earlier on our trip
- only one of three pools were heated, and that was a pool that was too deep for my 5-year-old to play in by himself (with my supervision, of course)
- our room was consistently supplied with towels etc for two despite my making the hotel aware of the fact that we were four several times
- the shuttle bus to Disney's Magic Kingdom tok 10 minutes, but the ride back took nearly two (2!!) hours. The hotel was the last stop on a huge loop, so the ride back from Magic Kingdom with a sleepy child on an overcrowded bus (half the people had to stand!) was torture

And finally, the hotell slapped us with a bogus tax they call a "Resort fee" of USD 25 per room per day to cover gratuities for their staff, the supposedly free wifi, etc. I was furious!

Why is it that the Holiday Inn can manage to offer complimentary breakfast, free wifi, a heated pool, enough towels, etc - and a luxury resport cannot?? Ridiculous. Next time I'll stay at the Holiday Inn - at least there you get what you pay for!

And to add insult to injury, one person in our party got food poisoning in their restaurant.

I WILL NOT recommend this hotel to anyone - ever...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Berit L
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked this hotel through Expedia and when I arrived I was told the room I had booked was no longer available. They said the rooms were on a first come first serve basis, which was news to me since this was not indicated anymore when I booked the room. The front desk staff was not very accommodating. I was finally given a room that was supposedly an upgrade and it overlooked the pool. The room itself was clean, but the bathroom looked like it could use some work. The faucet in the bath tub was turned sideways and there were visible holes on the wall next to the toilet that looked to be some sloppy repairs.

The hotel also charges you a $21 service fee, which includes services like, WiFi, Valet Parking, Long Distance Phone calls, etc. Services that were totally useless to me so I had to request twice that they be removed. I'm not sure why a hotel would want to charge you for services you do not intend to use. Overall this seems like a nice hotel, but I think they need to work on their customer service. I will most like not stay at this hotel on my next visit.

Room Tip: Before you book make sure you will actually get the room you paid for.
3  Thank LinC15
OrlandoInterested, Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Reviewer;

I want to apologize for your stay with us. I will be reviewing your issues with my management staff on your guest room, and our customer service.
I do want you to know that we typically receive compliments on our staff.

We do have a resort fee which includes a number of items that many area hotels charge A la carte. They typically add up to more then the $21 dollars. Many guests find that they do use some of these items during their stay.

Again my apologize on your stay.

Cindy Staley
Resort Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is one of those great internet resorts where you get to the check in - to find out that the deal that you signed up for was all a big lie. My advice is to have a strong cup of coffee and have everything in writing before you check in, because no matter what arrangement you make, they are skilled at trying to get away with additional expenses. It is like you are talking to a shady salesman and not a guest services host.

The spa loves to charge double for services - if you use the spa, pay up front or not at all. They attempted to triple charge us which didn't work. We also had $100 credit for the spa which was a dishonest lure that they did not honor.

The valet service didn't think I would notice the 600 extra miles on my rental car. The hotel - breakfast and pool was in great shape. Our room was standard - below standard when it comes to having to argue for some basic things like conditioner and shampoo. There is a nature pond very close to the pool - so you will be swimming with ducks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank savvy11

Dear Reviewer;

I want to apologize to you on your stay. I have reached out to you to review your stay with us and hope that we can assist you with some of your issues.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and the pool.

Regards;