WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #219 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Burlington, On, Canada
“Great location if you don't want to rent a car”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Location - excellent if you want to do Disney and not have to rent a car. Having stayed at 1/ Grand Floridian, 2/ a large townhouse condo w/ car 3/ a Disney value hotel for previous "Disney" vacations, this was the best value by far. It's right across from Downtown Disney, 5 minute walk. I was on my own with the kids and the only thing I wasn't crazy about was walking at night in the dark without my husband, as there is about a 2-3 minute stretch of walking where you are not visible to anyone (on their grounds). I would recommend the hotel gets some cameras installed so ladies feel safe with their young children at night. Disney Downtown is great at night, lots of shops. There is a great Lego store, and all the best Disney stores you can imagine. They also have a Couture store for women that has some really pretty (and unseen at the parks) merchandise.

Service - Check in was fine. However, they did not accommodate us on our last day after staying 6 days there. I asked them for a late check-out at 1pm, as I had a 1-year old and she naps at noon and I had to leave the hotel by 2pm for our flight. They told me it was $80.00 for the extra 2 hours. (I was really upset by this at the time espec. knowing the hotel was not even fully booked).

Our phone was broken the entire time in the room. Thank God I had my own cell phone. I couldn't even make local calls as there was so much static you couldn't hear anything. I kept requesting it be fixed and they sent someone 3 times but it was never fixed at all.

The room smelled very badly of mold or dampness. I asked for a diff. room but it smelled too. It was pretty gross but it was something I just learned to live with.

Business portal - I had to use the business area as I had shipped something there from Amazon. It was fine, one gentleman there working. Charges were reasonable.

Food - the "Cafe" at the bottom floor is so overpriced. Around $3.00 for a 500 ml bottle of water, It was crazy. If I did it again I would probably rent a cab and get some groceries, or maybe even get a car as I believe their parking is free. I must have spent $100.00 on water alone. The food is overpriced too but not as bad as the drinks.

The restaurant there called Outback is NOT the chain one. However, it was incredible. Better than the Outback franchise. A cute fish pond for the children to enjoy while waiting for our table. The steaks were delicious and the breads too. Our experience there was fantastic. It was the best food we had all week. Disney is not known for their food! :)

Shuttles - pretty good but don't expect the driver to be kind or patient when you have little ones to carry. I had to lean on strangers to help me get my 2 kids (under 5) on the shuttle. The driver was pretty rude to me too, as I took more than 20 seconds to get on the bus. One very positive thing about the shuttle system is that, being at this hotel, you can use the shuttles from the hotel, or go across the street (highway-type street) to Disney Downtown. This way, you have a whole lot of options available for going to the diff. parks. etc. But pay attention because the routes are always changing and when you're busy (as you will be at Disney!) you will be tired and might get on the wrong bus! This happened to a few people I know.

Rooms - like I said, they smell musty but the size is generous and the beds are comfy. The bathrooms are clean, with a separate door for toilet/bath. We had a room up high, I think 26th floor and we could see Epcot from our room. Broken phone. Quiet, didn't hear the neighbours at all.

Overall it was a great hotel and I would probably stay there again. But I would figure out somewhere else to get water. :)

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors so you can have a nice view. Check the phone upon entering the room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Miss_Tracy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (910)
Toronto, Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel many times in the past and always enjoyed our stay! This past experience was terrible. We arrived on December 23 and checked into our room in our room was items left behind from previous guests as well as nail clippings on the floor, crackers a long side of the bed and some type of pill on the floor! I called housekeeping as well as emailing the manager at the hotel and continued to do so until it finally was cleaned on December 27! Yup you got it, it took them 5 days to actually clean up! It was beyond gross! The bed was made everyday and the towels were changed but the pile of nail clippings and other garbage was left untouched! This USE to be our hotel to go to but will not be staying there again! Management never even got back to me, terrible service

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bellabonatz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I read every review before going here so I was prepared for all the negatives, the 4 only complaints I had were: My Room in main building did have a slight musty smell, I had read many complaints about this, I believe the smell in my room emanated from the refrigerator, very slight, my trip was in January so I left the door slightly ajar at night, this helped. My 2nd issue was check in... It took forever ... Only 2 people checking in.... This is a big hotel, and one was in training..c'mon really? 3rd, food choices and restaurants were over priced and food was so so.. That's ok just go across to downtown Disney... Many food options there, so not a big issue. Lastly, the Internet was very slow, almost unusable , not the worst I have seen but not worth paying for. This hotel has many positives that outweigh the negatives. Location is great, shuttles to all parks ran on a timely basis, folks at hotel were very nice and helpful. Conceirge was great, need a reasturant, ideas, tickets see this crew, gave us VIP pass or Planet Hollywood , and avoided an hour plus wait for dinner. Room was cleaned everyday without an issue, halls were quiet even with soccer teams there. Just a real nice place. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on higher floor for good views, ask for a room that has been recently refurbished.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dante1122
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at the Buena Vista Palace during January 2013 and found it to be an excellent hotel. We arrived at 07h30am and despite the fact that it was nowhere near check-in time, the helpful and efficient front desk staff found us a room that was made-up and allowed us to check-in without charging any additional costs. We needed to use a stapler and pair of scissors to attach our cruise tags to our bags and the staff allowed us to use their stationery. We found it to be well-situated, close to Downtown Disney and equiped with all the amenities that you could need such as pool, spa, convenience store and even an ATM. The duty manager was exceptionally helpful in helping us to locate the Royal Caribbean transfer bus (which had gone AWOL). The food at the restaurant is of a very high quality and good value. We would recommend this hotel without hesitation and will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool for better views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lauren H
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

The hotel was old but well maintained.
It has a small grocery store where you can buy breads, beverage and wines (better not to expect you can find any napa wine there)

It was relatively cold and couldn't use the swimming pool but any how no one would stay at the pool side when they need to venture the Disney World.

The only reason I don't give 5 is that it's old. They did nice job but it's just old.

Room Tip: I was on 6th floor but still the cooling tower noise was quite bothering.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JaesooKim
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here for the Disney Marathon Weekend. The location is definitely excellent. We are right across from Downtown Disney--we could walk the street there & very close to parks. However, check-in was not very good. They gave us a room & upon entry it was DEFINITELY not cleaned. There was trash in the cans, food in the fridge, hair in the sinks, and the bedding wasn't cleaned. We called the front desk & they sent a bell-hop to give us a new room & key. We didn't need help w/our bags, so we just took the key & went to our new room. HOWEVER, it was occupied. They gave us an occupied room. There were personal items and clothes everywhere. Now we were really upset because apparently, they give out rooms to anyone at this place....what if they give out a key to our room? The front desk didn't help us enough. All they did was give us another room.----That's it!!! There's was no discount or voucher offered. We took the 3RD ROOM because we were in a rush to get ready for the marathon, but I will not be returning here. It's too much of a gamble next time.
Also, the breakfast was $12 each for a cold breakfast!!!! Cereal, pastries, fruit----REALLY???
Paper-thin walls too---you can hear everything!!
Also, there's a VERY LONG WALK from the hotel to your car!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Takemetoalaska
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed from the 22nd December until 5th January. We picked the hotel for it's location and the free shuttles even though we had a hire car. The room was spacious and the bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. It was serviced every day but there was a degree of inconsistency as to the amount of cups we had for the coffee maker, some days 1 others 4. Bit of a pain having to ring housekeeping after a long day out to get these delivered. The room could have done with being dusted, we don't think it was done during our stay. Also the balcony needed a sweep. Having said all of this the staff were helpful and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were a bit concerned after reading some of the comments on here before we went but we believe you only get back what you put in. If you are friendly towards the staff they are more likely to help you. Things won't always run smoothly in a hotel of this size but if you have a problem and it is resolved quickly and efficiently then there should be no cause for complaint.

Room Tip: We stayed in 292. Great position in a corner without a lot of through traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Stuart C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
B Resort & Spa
B Resort & Spa
#116 of 336 in Orlando
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,688 reviews
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!