The downsides of this hotel on a great trip were weird and unnecessary, and the upside (very nice room, excellent location, **very reasonable price** obtained in a package via cheaptickets, cute balcony overlooking lake on cheaper room) are all important, so this is more like 3.4 stars than 3.0.
Downsides: a horribly mismanaged cafe (Water Cress) inside meant that the simple act of getting a caffeine boost in the am became stressful chaos amidst awful pastries and slow, poorly managed service. Hard to over-emphasize how much the cafe needs new management.
Also, the following are small pet peeves:
* Randomly, our do not disturb was taken out of the door (by a bratty kid nearby?),
* the light switch by the door didn't work,
* the remote was nearly run out of batteries,
* directions to navigate the Disney bus system had to be sought out rather than readily supplied,
* our room had only one soap for two people to share bw the sink and the shower,
We also had a series of bad experiences with the Disney bus system above and beyond having to navigate it ourselves. The buses are run on this route by Mears, but unclear if that was simply because the place was packed for Xmas. But, waits to get on crowded buses exceeded the 0-30, ~15 minutes on avergae we were led to expect. And, eg, having misinformation reach the back of the bus about what hotel we were stopping at (it was ours, but we were told it was the best western) at midnight was among several indications that the bus system was collapsing. Not a small thing on a trip to Disney, and something to take into account when using Buena Vista Palacxe as a base for attending the resorts.
But on the other side, a large room with a nice view (and we had one of the cheapest rooms--lakeside view), great bed, close walk (if you go under covered walkway) to downtown disney (although the intersection should be controlled for pedestrians, fault for which lies with car-centric Florida politicians).
The common spaces in the building are nice, the gym and pool a bit dated but we didn't use either.
Overall--the pluses are more important than the minuses and are more likely to recur for you, but i feel like giving 4 stars would take away from the accumulation of unforced errors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an Orlando resort getaway that ascends above the rest. Soaring 27 stories above the world's favorite destination, Buena Vista Palace is a beautiful resort in the Walt Disney World® Resort just a short walk from Disney Springs™. Guests can enjoy complimentary transportation to Disney Theme Parks and the Disney Springs™ area. Feel the magic the moment you arrive. For work or play, delight in our exclusive amenities, stunning accommodations, and alluring setting. Plus, we're just 25 minutes from downtown Orlando and the Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa