WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #219 of 333 Hotels in Orlando
Largo, Florida
“Very nice hotel, centrally located. Affordable luxury.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at the Palace when it was first open years ago. This past week we had the opportunity to stay there again and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was VERY professional and kind. We arrived early in the morning and requested early check in and was very happy that the room was ready at 8:30am. We received a very good rate. I don't say this very often but it was totally worth every penny. Very Nice hotel! Also nice to walk to Downtown Disney with coupons that were given to us upon check in.

The room was a good size for a family with two queen beds and a nice desk/sitting area that came in handy. The room was very clean, couldn't find anything wrong. Great shower head and water pressure. The bed and bedding was very comfortable.

We stayed on the island which was quite a walk from the main building. There was no parking for those the handicap. But, the pool and entertainment was on the island. Would have enjoyed that if it were warmer.

We didn't have a chance to have a meal at the hotel except the takeout cafe. LOVE the Chocolate Croissants!

The only slight issue we had was when we tried to check out. It is a very large resort with only 4 agents at the desk. During the night it was nice that our bill arrived under the door with check out options. But, None of which worked. The first was to do video check out from our room, that didn't work. Then, to drop the key off at the end of the front desk. We snaked our way through the crowd to look for the key drop box but couldn't find it. I hated to interrupt the front desk since they had a line out the door but asked one of the staff. She informed me there wasn't one and that they normally they put it by the elevator but.... We stayed on the island not in the main building so wouldn't have seen a box had it been put out. A little frustrating. The only other option was to call the operator but we had already left our room and the house phone was difficult to locate. It was a long walk back to the room. The front desk clerk took our keys but it was very awkward. She was very kind about it even though they were very busy.

In the end, we enjoyed our stay and would return. i would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: In the summertime request the island. Pool and children's entertainment is just steps from your...
2 Thank iconracrone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (911)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Service was sub par, food Disney pricey, ants in your bed???

It is a great location with nice pool. But it is pricey with extra fees, our room had ants and we were just underwhelmed with what our vision of a 4 star hotel should be.

Room Tip: Check room before settling in.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BradW-Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here to see the ICE exhibit at Gaylord Palms. Very convenient location right across from downtown Disney. The rooms in the Island Resort tower were spacious and plenty big enough to accommodate our family of five, which is typically our biggest challenge at any hotel. The beds were very comfortable, and even had two queens instead of doubles, along with a sleeper sofa. The self parking is a bit far (although we valeted) and it is a bit of a walk to stay in the tower section of the hotel, which can be inconvenient if you are carrying bags and/or need to get something from the main building. They have a great scavenger hunt in the hotel which really entertained my kids. We will definitely stay here again- it's a great buy for the money!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mcwhir
Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Booked this hotel through Hotels.com. We were very impressed with everything at first. Went to the desk to check in which went smoothly. We were directed to where to park and the parking was terrible. We ended up parking way back in the parking lot and had to walk a pretty good ways to get into the hotel. Got everything in the room and thought we would sit on the balcony to unwind. The balcony was covered in cigerette butts,at least 30. It was late so just wanted to get some sleep. We left early for the park but stopped at the front desk and they said it would be taken care of. We got back late and they were still there. I went back down and they said sorry and would have taken care of. Then we could not get internet to work and they transfered me to tech support,total nightmare. Next morning we went to the park and came back for a break. Still had a balcony full of cigerette butts and agian said it would be taken care of. They offered to remove the resort fee but still does not change the fact that it was disgusting. The inside of our room was clean and the beds slept great!! We usually stay on Disney property and from now on we will stay there. We get free Wifi there and free parking and a great bus system. The character breakfast was not that great unless you plan on spending 2 1/2 hours eating. They are not all out at once so it takes a long time for them to make the rounds,we only saw 2.

2 Thank gapeach1970_10
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Well last year for my Christmas vacation in Orlando, I stayed in a subpar hotel not worth mentioning. This year I thought I'd upgrade to a better hotel and shell out a little more money. I just wasn't aware of how much. I booked with this hotel on Expedia and wasn't aware until after making reservations that there was a $21/night fee or a $75 hold on your card (you choose). I chose to be charged the $21/night fee up front. Then I found out that in that fee, valet parking wasn't included. I was ok with that, however I didn't know I'd have to hike up a mini mountain the first night to get checked in. You basically have to hike across a parking lot (at night in the rain if the conditions were the same as mine) if you don't pay the fee, because they have Alamo rental car signs everywhere except for a few spaces up front if you're lucky to snag one. The others are all handicapped or "Spa/Fitness Room" spaces. I wouldn't have minded the walk if they hadn't made it where it was impossible to just walk up to the hotel. You either had to park way in the back with so-so lighting or park a little "closer" with a ditch so big in between the parking lot and the hotel that you have to walk all the way around. The hotel itself was ok. There were no bonuses and it was clean, which is to be expected. I would've liked for housekeeping to be a little quieter and not express their frustrations by slamming doors in every room. After all, the only thing they did was change the towels. No changing the sheets as they're doing some "recycling" program? All in all, it was a nice room and hotel, but there could've been a lot more amenities included for the money that they charge. Won't be staying here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Indigowaters
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I booked 3 months ago a nice room for my family, then did a promotion for them on twitter with promise of free upgrade.. When arrived waited for more than 30 mins to check in. Then a RUDE desk clerk checked us in telling me sorry no more upgraded rooms were avaible. So no comp of any kind was given instead a rude attitude. Once in room for 3 adults and 2 teenagers were found only 2 beds in a very small room that barely 2 queen beds fit in.
Called front desk and asked for manager who also was rude and willing to give us a "rollaway bed for free!" Wow! Thanks alot since it wouldn't even fit in tiny room!
I would never recommend or stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a company event. We arrive late in the evening around 8 pm. Upon check in, we were given our keys and headed up to change for the party.

Except, oops, that was someone else's room. We walked out and returned to check in. The employees seemed pretty passé about it, but apologized & gave us new keys to a room a few doors down and next to the elevator.

Ugh! I thought. But I never did hear the elevator. I was nervous about leaving my belongings in the room even though it was just my clothes.

We put the do not disturb sign up just in case another unsuspecting group was given our room key. Can't really keep out a dishonest person but I know I didn't touch anyone's stuff in that other room.

The room was nice and reasonably clean. It was an accessible room and the hand held shower squealed very loud! Thought it would kill me! I read elsewhere it was outdated and that was not the case in our room. It was updated and nice light colors.

The location is good for downtown Disney, on the very end though opposite of The House of Blues. We did not use the shuttle bus that was part of the $20/day resort fee.

I can't understand why these fees aren't just included in the room price. The room was very reasonable and I've paid 3x's as much for a room at Embassy Suites that wasn't as nice.

I was leery about the key situation and would not feel super cozy about leaving my stuff in my room if I was staying for awhile. But if that doesn't bother you, it was a nice place.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank fiddlestix36
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
B Resort & Spa
B Resort & Spa
#119 of 333 in Orlando
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,696 reviews
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!