We stayed here for a company event. We arrive late in the evening around 8 pm. Upon check in, we were given our keys and headed up to change for the party.
Except, oops, that was someone else's room. We walked out and returned to check in. The employees seemed pretty passé about it, but apologized & gave us new keys to a room a few doors down and next to the elevator.
Ugh! I thought. But I never did hear the elevator. I was nervous about leaving my belongings in the room even though it was just my clothes.
We put the do not disturb sign up just in case another unsuspecting group was given our room key. Can't really keep out a dishonest person but I know I didn't touch anyone's stuff in that other room.
The room was nice and reasonably clean. It was an accessible room and the hand held shower squealed very loud! Thought it would kill me! I read elsewhere it was outdated and that was not the case in our room. It was updated and nice light colors.
The location is good for downtown Disney, on the very end though opposite of The House of Blues. We did not use the shuttle bus that was part of the $20/day resort fee.
I can't understand why these fees aren't just included in the room price. The room was very reasonable and I've paid 3x's as much for a room at Embassy Suites that wasn't as nice.
I was leery about the key situation and would not feel super cozy about leaving my stuff in my room if I was staying for awhile. But if that doesn't bother you, it was a nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an Orlando resort getaway that ascends above the rest. Soaring 27 stories above the world's favorite destination, Buena Vista Palace is a beautiful resort in the Walt Disney World® Resort just a short walk from Disney Springs™. Guests can enjoy complimentary transportation to Disney Theme Parks and the Disney Springs™ area. Feel the magic the moment you arrive. For work or play, delight in our exclusive amenities, stunning accommodations, and alluring setting. Plus, we're just 25 minutes from downtown Orlando and the Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa