At this point I've stayed at the Buena Vista Palace on three separate locations, so I'd say I'm pretty familiar with it. It can be a bit pricey at the height of the season, but it can't be beat.
The location is fabulous. With Downtown Disney right across the street, you always have a place to go for a walk or a meal amid the Disney atmosphere, and frequent shuttle buses depart for all the Disney parks.
The rooms are large, comfortable, have fridges, and feature balconies with good views. If you time it right, you can see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom. And I love the soap so much that I've brought some home with me every time!
Downstairs is a mini-mart where you can pick up light meals, wine, and Starbucks any time.
Most recently I stayed over a weekend to celebrate my daughter's 27th birthday. What a great time to get a complimentary bottle of wine and a $75 dinner coupon at The Outback downstairs in the hotel! This is not your normal chain Outback Steakhouse--it's an excellent restaurant with great service and an indoor koi pond. I had lost my coupon somewhere along the way, but they honored it anyway and treated us like royalty. And when the waiter spotted my daughter's "Happy Birthday" button from Disney, he brought her a HUGE piece of cheesecake with a candle sparkling on top. We both ordered the Chef's Special three-course dinner for $35. With a choice of salmon or Delmonico, we were both completely happy with how the meat/fish was prepared and had a lovely evening. Make reservations during the season, because it does get busy at the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an Orlando resort getaway that ascends above the rest. Soaring 27 stories above the world's favorite destination, Buena Vista Palace is a beautiful resort in the Walt Disney World® Resort just a short walk from Disney Springs™. Guests can enjoy complimentary transportation to Disney Theme Parks and the Disney Springs™ area. Feel the magic the moment you arrive. For work or play, delight in our exclusive amenities, stunning accommodations, and alluring setting. Plus, we're just 25 minutes from downtown Orlando and the Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Buena Vista Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa