“Great place, but back luck for me”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #211 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Colchester
“Great place, but back luck for me”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family went to Disney last month. Booked everything through Costco, choosing a "2 bedroom suite" at this hotel. When we checked in, we were given our room number and key card and then navigated across the property to another building (its a large property) where our room was. We opened the door to a room with a couch (pull out), TV, table and chairs, TV, kitchonette and double doors leading to a separate room (bedroom) which contained 2 queen beds. Not my idea of a 2 bedroom suite since the point was to have separate rooms (so we could get the kids to bed and then stay up... or sleep in, whatever). Again, this was two rooms, but the beds were both in one of the rooms. But it was late so we all crashed then after a long day at Magic Kingdom, it slipped my mind to even ask them about it. So another night of all of us in the same room. Finally on the 3rd day I went down to the front desk and after some confusion on their part, they nonchalantly told me I also had the adjoining room. They issued me an additional room number and key card as if it was my fault for not asking. So two rough nights of the family in one room and no one had bothered to tell me we basically had 3 huge adjoining rooms with 4 queen beds, 3 showers, 4 bathrooms... I was pretty ticked off, but it was hard not to love the amount of space we finally had. If I thought they cared at the front desk I might have told them how I felt about it, but they sort of brushed me off. So BEWARE people who book a 2 bedroom suite. They may not give you the room number or key unless you specifically ask for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Tim R
JoannaFordBVP, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Tim R, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Please allow me to personally apologize for the issues you experienced at check in and the accuracy of your reservation. I can see how this made it a rough first couple of nights and I am so sorry for the inconvenience you experienced can assure you this issue you brought to our attention is not our standard and does not reflect the luxury experience that our guests expect and deserve. I can assure you that your comments will be brought to the attention of our Front Office Management team for review. Once again, I am very sorry for the issues you experienced and that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Most sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,025)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The rooms are much more spacious than our previous hotel [disney port orleans] and had a balcony.The sports bar meals were reasonable and the staff serving were very friendly. However, housekeeping staff were,although not unpleasant, not as friendly.The main pool was quite often rather cold.This area could also maybe have a sign to tell guests to return their used towels as lots of people left them on the sun loungers and you could not tell which loungers were free to use.

Room Tip: Try for a "fireworks view" room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank we3loveorlando
Oxford, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for my birthday weekend. My husband and I were planning on going to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. We wanted a hotel with a spa, a pool and hot tub and close to Downtown Disney. We had stayed at this property about 8 years ago and had heard that it had been renovated. We were extremely pleased! The room was large, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom quite large - great toiletries. The balcony overlooked Downtown Disney - beautiful view! We had a wonderful time and even extended our stay by one night. Definitely going back. Spa was great. Outback restaurant was scrumptious! Loved that we could just walk across the street to Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view - well woth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PM C
Watervliet, New York
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We pulled up out front and the staff was very helpful. Once I side the bell staff was also very helpful. Checkin went smoothly and the place appeared very elegant. One of those places that you wouldn't expect anything to be out of place. Well, we walked into our room and my boyfriend went to sit down at the desk and there it was......a very large bug. I have included it in the traveler photos. Not to mention, we looked the room over and didn't find any other bugs thank goodness but we did notice that the clock hasn't been changed since the 1 hour set back A WEEK AGO! Not to mention that after the hotel staff came and got the bug out of our room, hotel management never called to make sure everything else was ok. What a disappointment this place is. Not even sure we want to stay again tomorrow. Hoping they change our room.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Firegirl117, We are sorry to hear of your unexpected welcome upon entering your guestroom and follow up of hotel management. You can be assured that your comments will be addressed with our team as well as with our professional pest control partner. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience and hope this experience won’t keep you from returning. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back sometime in the future. Sincerely,
Roslyn, Washington
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am travel agent. I travel often around the planet. This place was filthy. Dead lizard in room had petrified and was right under the chair in a visible area. The room smelled musty and old. Lifted up the dirty bed skirt, OMG! The carpeting in the hallways was full of stains. I asked for a room change and though the new room was cleaner it was still not up to normal standards. Ice maker on floor was out the whole time I was there. Cleaning staff left dirty laundry in the hallway in the afternoon and it was still there the next morning. Don't know what is going on with this place other than it is going down hill fast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a golf tournament....Pleased with the room amenities, very comfortable beds. Needed more coffee for automatic coffee maker. Sports bar had great food but service was very slow. Dined in the "Outback" restaurant. Great food, nice ambience but very dark, hard to see the menu. Parking plentiful but a long walk to the hotel. Would suggest a golf cart to help patrons in and out of the parking lot!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cbacree
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the Buena Vista Palace from Oct 21-25. The room was spacious but was a little dated and smelled damp.
Check in was fast and the staff were attentive and helpful at the front desk and concierge desk.
The breakfast buffet was very good, lots of fesh fruit and healthy choices as well as cooked meats and eggs.
The pool area was OK, some of the sun loungers had seen better days and the food at the pool bar was from the convenience store/shop in the hotel, pre-prepared and wrapped, not made fresh.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Samantha L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Terra Verde Resort
#12 of 62 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#9 of 62 in Kissimmee

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!