“Average Hotel, Great Location”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #207 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Houston, Texas
“Average Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel is very nice. You can tell its an older hotel, however it has a lot of upgrades i.e bedding, room decor, t.v. The bedding was very comfortable and clean as was the bath area although it was quite small. Stayed in dbl Queen room on 6th floor, the rooms are nice and spacious with balcony. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends. It's directly across the street from Downtown Disney, 3 miles from the Vineland Premium Outlet Mall. The rooms are very close in proximity, but I never heard any my neighbors.

The only drawbacks or negatives were: restaurants don't open until 6pm., the room refrigerator didn't work well and the bathroom area was quite small. ancient cordless phone, but who needs one).

The spa was very nice. On the day of my check out I had a late flight so I was able to jump in the pool for a while and go to the spa and shower and change. The free services in the spa are the whirlpool, sauna, shower and pool, very nice and clean. You're given a robe and slippers and locker to store you personal items.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CeCe1326
JoannaFordBVP, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy to see that our guestroom accommodations and décor meet your expectations. I am also very pleased to see that you were able to take time out of your very busy schedule to relax in the spa prior to your late departure. We so much appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back. Most sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
florence sc
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hotel is very nice, beds are super comfy with lots of pillows and plenty of space in the room. I was there for a conference the rooms where they were held were also very nice. I did get to the pool bar one afternoon the pools are kinda old looking but seem clean did not get in but they had plenty of seating. It is a little hike from your room to the pools. Kooks sports bar was ok at least happy hour 5-7 pool bar was 3-5 found that the last day. The cafe/mini market is very over priced also did not take part in the buffet breakfast at $21.00 each. Internet in rooms was ok not the best signal. They do charge a resort fee I think it was like $19.00 a day they said it covered parking, which we did not need, internet and misc things.

We did inquire about going to Universal but the taxi would hv been crazy $$$$. We mostly walked to Downtown Disney at night, short 3 min walk $12. taxi.

For the price the hotel was great and if you are going to the Disney parks they do have free transport buses.

3 Thank levyr
It was nice to see that you were able to take time out of your working trip to enjoy the pool and dine in our outlets. Thank you so much for posting your comments and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Sincerely,
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff and location were 5-star. I was there for business and the conference and food was good. But the rooms were a bit stale smelling, furniture dated and noisy. For the price and convenience I would stay again, but not if you are wanting a real resort experience.

Room Tip: Ask for high room facing Downtown Disney and pool and no connecting doors.
2 Thank McHetal
Toronto
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Third Disney world trip, first time at this hotel, stayed for 6 nights.

This hotel is so damp I had a severe allergic reaction probably from the mold. The mold was very visible in the shower. Each evening upon return to the hotel my nose would stuff up and start running, it became extremely hard to sleep. Believe me, I was totally fine as soon as I left the hotel. The dampness made the whole place stink. Why did we not switch rooms? We actually did! But with two toddlers in tow, who wants to bother after after trying already? The cleanliness of the room was hit or miss based on the staff that day. Some days we would come back and say, nice and clean! Most days it was more we'll not be returning to this hotel on future trips.

Pros- location was great! Within minutes of downtown Disney and premium outlet on Vineland. Front desk staff very accommodating on room switch and quick on requests such as getting housekeeping to replenish kleenex and provide bath mats. Hotel very quiet making for quiet nights, probably because others read about these issues and avoided hotel.

Cons- damp and dirty, see above. Concierge rude after we declined on time share tour. On site mini mart/cafe very expensive.

Having been to three different places in this area, I know there are better ones,

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with us. I was very sad to read that your experience with us was not very comfortable or relaxing. I see that our staff did their best to accommodate as we take pride in our product and facilities, but unfortunately we were not able to meet your expectations prior to your departure. Your feedback is very important to us and please know that I will be sharing your experience with our Housekeeping and Engineering Departments to address your guestroom issues immediately to prevent from happening to future guests. Thank you again for your feedback and hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Most sincerely,
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I purchased a 3 day package for the resort - arriving Saturday eve, departing Tuesday am. The package included a bottle of wine, $75 dinner voucher and a spa discount. I picked the property because it had shuttles to Universal. There was no communication from the staff when I was checking in letting me know that the restaurant and the spa would be closed during my visit. I was also not informed that the shuttle had to be reserved in advance and cost $19 each way per person! The room was small and had a thick layer of dust on the air conditioning vent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mommully
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel overnight for a business meeting-conference. The conference facilities at this hotel are very nice, clean and very accessible. Comfortable rooms with good lighting. My individual guest room was very large and clean and updated also. Overall, pleased with my stay. Staff was very helpful with every request and room service was on time and my gluten free dining request was honored and checked carefully with the chef both times, which I greatly appreciated. Would stay here again for a conference- good choice for business with access to Disney. Also, excellent room rates as well.

Room Tip: I had a room at the end of the hall on the 3d floor, which is the main lobby level of the hotel. Th...
1 Thank scoobytrips
Let me take this moment to thank you for your review. We are so very pleased that your enjoyed your experienced here at our hotel during your conference event and that our staff was able to accommodate your dining requests. I will definitely be sharing your feedback with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Sincerely,
Delaware Shore
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I must begin by stating that staying at the Polynesian has always been on my "bucket list" since I can remember. This year was our 25th wedding anniversary and due to some major expenses we decided that in order to have the length of time away that we scheduled, perhaps the hotel would need to be nice, but not 400.00 a night nice. We are trip advisor loyalists and all reviews seemed to indicate that The Buena Vista Palace would be a great comprimise. WOW....we were NOT DISAPPOINTED!!! The location was fantastic, the room was wonderful and the staff was better than any hotel I have ever stayed in. I have had the great fortune to stay at a few very high end properties and LBVP holds her own with no difficulty. I cant think of any way that our trip could have been made any better by this hotel. Maybe just a little tighter scheduling of the resort bus, but really, no biggie. We never had to wait very long and I cannot tell you how wonderful it was late at night not to have to get into a car and fight the traffic back to the hotel. To all of the staff.....You are the BEST!! Thanks for making our anniversary so wonderful!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank smokygal
JoannaFordBVP, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear smokygal, Thank you so much for taking the time to post your fantastic review regarding your recent stay with us. I am absolutely thrilled that you had a wonderful stay with us and that we were able to provide you with the service and accommodations that made your 25th Anniversary here at our hotel one to remember. Thank you again for your wonderful accolades and you can be assured that I will be sharing your comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back and celebrating many more anniversaries. Most sincerely,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 59 in Kissimmee
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
#2 of 13 in Davenport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,072 reviews

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!