Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #207 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I spent 5 nights at this hotel located near Downtown Disney with my college age daughter. It was a great hotel for a Disney Parks visit The shuttle service is very convenient and reliable. The buffet breakfast was excellent, well-prepared and fresh. The absolutely best part is the spa - the services are grand and the facility and its employees make this an extra special treat All hotel employees are extremely friendly. I would recommend it!

Room Tip: The upper floors in the main tower have a great view of Downtown Disney.
2  Thank Lorraine S

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I was scared after I booked the hotel and read some of the reviews where people complaint against cleanliness, bad service, problems with the distance, etc. Thank God I accessed my memories from 4 years ago when I stayed there on business travel and had a good experience. Well, my recent experience was very good. The room was clean, the employees were friendly, and the shuttle service was on time. The common areas were nice and the most important thing for me was that it was located walking distance to Downtown Disney. For the price and the travel deal that I booked I think the experience was really Magic, just like it was supposed to be in Disney World. If you are gonna be enjoying the parks, and the outside attractions I recommend it. They honored the special offers and gave me $20.00 gas credit at check out. I respect other people opinions, but this time I think the bad reviews were exagerated. Really my only serious complaint is that the breakfast price was too high.

3  Thank Happyworldtraveler2
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I travel for work and am very experienced at staying in hotels. After being on the road for 5 years, this is one of the worst places I've stayed. The room was a very, very long walk from the parking lot and main lobby. I would highly recommend the bell hop service if you are traveling with family luggage - especially if the air conditioner is not working in your room and the front desk moves you to a new one. I would also confirm with the front desk the change to your new room. Otherwise, after several hours of accommodating your room, if you risk leaving it the room key will not work. You will then trudge all the way to the front desk to have this straightened out with the rather rude front desk person who will ask you several times how you managed to get into the wrong room. Once you explain several times this was their action, eyes will be rolled and you will be allowed to speak with the manager, who will again insist on understanding how you managed to get into a room that was not assigned to you. Finally, someone will find the magic keyboard combination and they will manage to figure it all out. This journey of mismanagement will end in "I am sorry for the misunderstanding," which is much appreciated. Until you realize the Terminex bill must be due. I recommend lots of napkins for removing roach pieces from the bed sheets.

Room Tip: You can definitely tell the age of the hotel - avoid the Island area.
4  Thank Pat M
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed at the hotel while on business travel. It is in a great location right across from Downtown Disney. Easily walkable. I was not responsible for the charges but I think it was $129 plus $16 resort fee per night which happened to include parking and internet (and a list of other things which I can't remember).

There are also large spaces for conferences, which were busy while we were there.

The problem for me lies in the cleanliness. Like so many average hotels, they are shuffling lots of people through and barely scratching the surface when they clean. I ran the wet bath rug over the bathroom floor after my shower and it picked up a lot of dirt. Gross. The buttons for the elevators had obviously not been wiped down in some time. There was regularly litter on the floor in the hallway.

The workout facility is pretty old but they do have some free weights. Also, treadmills, recumbent bikes, and plenty of older weight machines. The treadmills work but they are old and rusty. They all have their own TVs to watch. There is access to outdoor hot tub and pool.

I did not use the spa services but my coworker wanted a massage. At about 5:30 pm he went down to ask about it and they told him they were open until 7:00 pm. He said he would like to come back for a massage at 6:00 pm but then they said they had already sent the masseuse home for the day. He was frustrated.

The staff was marginally friendly. They may walk right past you and not say anything. Our bill had an extra charge on it from the shop downstairs. Nobody knew how it got there but at least they took it off without much trouble.

They do have a restaurant and a quick shop for snacks and drinks which is a nice feature.

Will try a new spot if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank copperpot
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights last week. Checked in was fast and smooth, bellman was more than helpful! Our room was located at the Island tower which is a far walk from the main lobby/main parking/convention centre. We later found that there is a tiny parking lot closer to our isolated building but it only has approximately 30 spots in total! You can only find a spot there if it is your lucky day!

Our room was located on the fifth floor, 4532(if I don't remember it wrong). The entrance of the room is dented in compared to other rooms on the same floor! It has a patio overlook the "roof" full of little rocks and no view whatsoever! As we leave our room early and return late anyway, the view does not bother us!

Second night, we returned to our room from a late night at the park and late dinner! I was about to jump into the shower. Even without my contact lens/glasses, I saw something at the corner of the room next to the table! It was a BIG thumb size cockroach!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never ever in my life having to encounter this kind of "uninvited guest" in my hotel room! The room seems to be clean, not sure where it came from!! Maybe from the roof because it poured a few times that day!!!

We threw all kind of phone book, menu etc. towards the "uninvited guest" but it ran so fast and escaped the big books! We quickly put all the stuff we had on the floor/carpet to higher ground/bed in case it jumps into our belongings!!

Of course, we also called the front desk right away to request a change of room! It was around 1 am, the bellman supposed to come by to assist us in moving to another room plus give us the new room keys. 10, 20 mins in (felt like forever at that point), no bellman showed up! Instead a nice gentleman/staff/manager on duty showed up and gave us our new room keys and also assisted us to move to a room a few rooms away from our existing room since all bellmans were busy assisting other customers.

As soon as we moved into our new room, we checked carefully to ensure nothing else is hiding around! Everything was smooth sailing after that! We appreciate the help from that staff who helped us move and ensured everything is ok before he left!

If we never have encountered the thumb size "uninvited guest", we probably will return to this resort but now we have to rethink!!!

Btw, many review mentioned this hotel includes free wi-fi but we were told that our "package" does not include wi-fi!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank DDDoggy
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Buena Vista Palace in Orlando. The hotel, overall, is nice. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. The hotel is a bit older and the room/hall configuration is rather awkward. For instance, our room was in a corner and in that corner were 4 doors to 4 different rooms. We were disturbed by slamming doors on several occasions, which was a bit annoying when trying to sleep. The location of the hotel is excellent...a five-minute walk to Downtown Disney. We attempted to use the shuttle service to the parks but it was quite a long wait so we abandoned that idea. The character breakfast in the Watercress Cafe was very nice...the food was tasty and the characters stopped at each table and interacted with guests. I highly recommend the Outback restaurant in the hotel...the food was fantastic as was the service! The pool area was very basic...no slides, lazy river, or any real character. Overall, I'm not sure that I consider this a 4* resort but it is a nice mid-range hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
JoannaFordBVP, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear TCHarris, Thank you for your review. We are very happy that you were pleased with the comfort of our bedding, location and dining experiences. I do apologize for the issue you experienced with transportation and noise intrusion you experienced from other guests. Thank you gain for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Most sincerely,

Reviewed May 23, 2012

The hotel was clean, very large, and centrally located in side the Walt Disney World Resort. A few issus: when we arrived in our king room that was supposed to have a pull-out sofa, there was no pull-out sofa. We had to order two roll-away beds. They did bring them (took a while to get them and we arrived after 11 pm) and they did not charge us for them. The roll-aways were of very good quality so my two teenage boys got their own beds which was an 'upgrade' from a sofa sleeper. There were plenty of pillows, nice bathrobes, and lots of space in the room. The toiletries were of very good quality. One complaint is that the food is VERY expensive in the hotel. The breakfast buffet cost around $55 for two people after taxes and tip. The prices in the deli cafe are astronomical. If you don't like to spend that kind of money, simply bring your own breakfast and store in the fridge. However, there was no microwave in our room. The main road outside of the entrance to the hotel gets VERY busy. It took us 30 mn. to go 1/2 mile to a pizza place on the corner. Keep this in mind when traveling during rush-hour traffic. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. I'm giving 3 stars due to the lack of affordable food within the hotel and/or no continental or free breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank avocadoman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Terra Verde Resort
#11 of 64 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#8 of 64 in Kissimmee
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
#2 of 13 in Davenport

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!