“Poor room service”

La Quinta Inn Orlando International Drive North
Ranked #160 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Poor room service”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have travel to Orlando twice this year and have stayed at two locations at the La Quinta inns off international dr. I was highly disappointed with the North location off International Dr.

The rooms were poorly clean.
There was a dog show that recently ended when we arrive and halls and outside area smelled like dog poop. No offense. When u have an Inn that allows for pets, its good for housekeeping to do a thorough cleaning in rooms. (I am glad the carpets were changed in the halls soon after) Why? My kids and I got ringworm from either the towels or sheets that were in the room.

On two occasions, I spotted a large roach in the sleeping area and a medium one in the bathroom.

International Dr. is a great place for visitors but, but visitors also like clean safe places for themselves and their families.

I .

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Silverca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This LaQuinta is definitely in my top 5 places to stay in Florida.
We arrived on a Thursday and stayed for 4 nights.
I traveled with 3 family members from 12 to 30 and we were all very happy with our stay!
The staff is extremely knowledgeable of the area, could not have been nicer!!!
The rooms are kept very clean and decor is current. The location was fantastic and the free shuttle to Universal was a great plus.
Unfortunately, the weather was too cold to swim, but the pool looked well kept.
We are already planning our stay for next year and will absolutely be using this location again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The location of this hotel is nice as it is just off of the freeway. It is close enough to the action that it is only minutes/1-2 miles away but far enough that it is not as noisey. the room was clean, recently updated, and comfortable. The staff members were nice and very fast/efficient with the check in process. The pool is nice and the grounds are well groomed. The price makes this hotel a flat out bargain....period. When we are in town next year for the same event, we will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Mortlake, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This is a nicely maintained and well serviced option got the budget conscious family.
It's handy to most attractions and also to the outlet stores.
My only complaint was the bed. It was too soft and neither my wife or I slept well. A bit of a shame really when everything else was so good.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank geoffdemanser
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The hotel front desk staff was beyond compare. They were happy to help, enjoyed their jobs and were very efficient in getting answers to my questions even if they didn't know the answers themselves. I wasn't so sure what the hotel would look like since it was so reasonable but it was the cleaniest hotel that I have stayed in for years and the decor was something that I wouldn't have minded in my own home.

Being within walking distance to Universal Studios was essential since I was on foot and wanted to be able to go back and forth multiple times a day. It was an easy walk in 15 minutes.

Thanks to the staff!

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room with a connecting door since you can hear every word your neighbors say.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

2 Thank JBPHILLY_12
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have always liked the La Quinta in Ocala, Florida but this one is nothing like it. I arrived late (10pm) from California so there is a three hour time difference. I had reserved a king room and the desk clerk honored my reservation without a problem. However he wanted to put me in a room right next to the breakfast area. I explained I was from the west coast and that I would like to be able to sleep in a little in the morning so he put me in another room.

So guess what? At 6:30am I found out he had put me two doors down the hall from the cleaning crew room. They were staging the cleaning carts, talking loud, arguing and playing a radio in the work area. You would think hotel staff would have a little more respect for the guests that time of morning.

The place was crowded, breakfast was very weak. Cereal was ok, coffee and juice were definately sub-par.This was a one time stay for me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RickN6900
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The location is very convenient to Universal and just a short hop to Interstate 4. The outlet mall is just down the street, and since this is at the end of International Drive, you don't get stuck in traffic. The price is great and I always feel safe traveling here with my daughter. The rooms have all been recently updated and although not fancy, are clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family