“Disgusting”

Ranked #305 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Charleston, SC
“Disgusting”
Reviewed March 16, 2007

We stayed here also, and I have never been in a hotel that was so disgusting. The beds were broken, the room smelled like it had been hit by the hurricanes, and they just let the rooms mildew, and never had them cleaned. When we asked for another room, we were sent to check out another room that was even worse. We asked if we could change out the broken bed, and were told no, as they were renting that room out that night!!! The worst part was, after our stay, we contacted Travelodge headquarters immediatly, and were referred back to the owner, who merely offered a free nights stay!! I can't believe that Travelodge would support this hotel with their name. Pay an extra 20 or 30 dollars for a better hotel. You won't regret it.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything, it was the worst place I have ever stayed. Like a bad movie.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank angelsinc_queen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2007

This is one of the filthiest hotels. The carpets I dont think have ever been cleaned. I sprayed a can of Lysol everywhere in the room, especially the air conditioner. There was a yellow tar, funky looking liquid-y goo that was oozing out of the air conditioning unit, that cannot be healthy for you to breathe.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank mfppromotions2

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Indiana
Reviewed November 16, 2006

This is the filthiest hotel I have encountered. The carpets were stained and the halls were unclean. There was food on the hallway carpets and it appeared to have been there for some time. It was so bad that I check out within five minutes after I entered my room. I served in Vietnam and slept in foxholes that were cleaner than this hotel. I would never recommend that anyone stay at this hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — It was filthy
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank immlaw74
Providence, RI
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I booked two nights and was horrified. They took the entire fee for both nights upfront so I had no immediate recourse. The only reason I stayed the first night was becuase I was drunk and just passed out in the middle of the bed. I pulled all the covers off. I left the lights on so bugs would stay away. There were marks on the wall where cigarettes had been extinguished. Many many burn holes on carpeting, bedding, etc. Mildew smell was atrocious. Ceiling was falling off. I got up and left at 7 AM the next morning and never returned. I think the most appaling thing about my entire experience is that Travelodge allows this place to hang their sign. I have learned a valuable lesson. I should have paid the $149 a night and just stayed at t Courtyard down the street. Thats what I get for trying to save money.

Stayed September 2006
10 Thank badcowby
Darwin
Reviewed February 15, 2006

This hotel has completely defined my understanding of bad. The whole place reeks of mildew and the carpets in both rooms we tried were absolutely filthy. The shower stall had gunk and slime growing up from the bottom and was a disgrace. This place should not be conducting business in its current form and is certainly NOT representative of any other Travelodge I've seen.

• Stayed January 2006
6 Thank Paul G
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 4, 2005

We stayed two nights. We had a ground floor corner room with two beds. Linens were clean, furniture was modern, lights all worked, bathroom was clean and staff were accommodating -- we wanted a late checkout, no problem. Breakfasts at the on-site diner were pleasant. It doesn't have all the bell and whistles of a first class hotel but then we don't want bar, room service etc. etc. About theo only thing was one mattress -- it seemed aged since it sank down really far, however it provided a good night's sleep.
A friend also stayed and said her room was similar, but the furniture was older and bashed about a bit, the carpet was stained and dirty-looking (a pet room? Needs some Hot Shot carpet treatment if they allow pets!) but she noticed no smell and the beds were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2005

The location for our court appt. was great, but the carpets and all the place smell terrible. Shame in such a nice downtown location.

4 Thank Marcia P