“Dirrrrrty....”

Ranked #304 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“Dirrrrrty....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2007

This is one of the filthiest hotels. The carpets I dont think have ever been cleaned. I sprayed a can of Lysol everywhere in the room, especially the air conditioner. There was a yellow tar, funky looking liquid-y goo that was oozing out of the air conditioning unit, that cannot be healthy for you to breathe.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank mfppromotions2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2006

This is the filthiest hotel I have encountered. The carpets were stained and the halls were unclean. There was food on the hallway carpets and it appeared to have been there for some time. It was so bad that I check out within five minutes after I entered my room. I served in Vietnam and slept in foxholes that were cleaner than this hotel. I would never recommend that anyone stay at this hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — It was filthy
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank immlaw74
Providence, RI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2006

I booked two nights and was horrified. They took the entire fee for both nights upfront so I had no immediate recourse. The only reason I stayed the first night was becuase I was drunk and just passed out in the middle of the bed. I pulled all the covers off. I left the lights on so bugs would stay away. There were marks on the wall where cigarettes had been extinguished. Many many burn holes on carpeting, bedding, etc. Mildew smell was atrocious. Ceiling was falling off. I got up and left at 7 AM the next morning and never returned. I think the most appaling thing about my entire experience is that Travelodge allows this place to hang their sign. I have learned a valuable lesson. I should have paid the $149 a night and just stayed at t Courtyard down the street. Thats what I get for trying to save money.

Stayed September 2006
10 Thank badcowby
Darwin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2006

This hotel has completely defined my understanding of bad. The whole place reeks of mildew and the carpets in both rooms we tried were absolutely filthy. The shower stall had gunk and slime growing up from the bottom and was a disgrace. This place should not be conducting business in its current form and is certainly NOT representative of any other Travelodge I've seen.

• Stayed January 2006
6 Thank Paul G
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2005

We stayed two nights. We had a ground floor corner room with two beds. Linens were clean, furniture was modern, lights all worked, bathroom was clean and staff were accommodating -- we wanted a late checkout, no problem. Breakfasts at the on-site diner were pleasant. It doesn't have all the bell and whistles of a first class hotel but then we don't want bar, room service etc. etc. About theo only thing was one mattress -- it seemed aged since it sank down really far, however it provided a good night's sleep.
A friend also stayed and said her room was similar, but the furniture was older and bashed about a bit, the carpet was stained and dirty-looking (a pet room? Needs some Hot Shot carpet treatment if they allow pets!) but she noticed no smell and the beds were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2005

The location for our court appt. was great, but the carpets and all the place smell terrible. Shame in such a nice downtown location.

4 Thank Marcia P
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2005

This was the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were not clean, nor did they get clean while we were there for three days. The carpets are in horrible shape and need a good wash...there was even gum stuck to portions of the floor! The bedspreads were in horrible shape and had blood stains on them, among other things that we didn't even want to know what they were. The light switches, phone, lamps, etc.. were all extremely dirty. I cannot say one postive thing about this hotel. There was no shuttle like the ad said, there was no USA Today newspaper like the ad said, high speed internet was nowhere to be found, and there was no alarm clock (or clock in the room period). The list goes on and on. I would never recommend a Travelodge to anyone EVER as another group of friends stayed at a Travelodge on the other side of Orlando during the same week and their horror stories were worse.

• Stayed January 2005