“Rudest Fat Front Desk Agent Ever”

Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex
Ranked #307 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
“Rudest Fat Front Desk Agent Ever”
Reviewed July 15, 2004

Do Not Stay at this Hotel!
The front desk agent in the day was perhaps the rudest and maybe even the fattest man I have ever met. Not only did he curse at me, when I told him hospitality personal should not treat anyone that way, he told me I could leave because I was probaly a prostotute (I was wearing shorts & and t-shirt and was very well groomed). In addition, he would not let me speak to a manager, claiming he was the only person working there and there was no manager.

A few minutes later I saw the same man smoking at the enterance of the travelogde. I didn't even get a chance to stay at the travelodge, but from the trashy looks I know I was lucky not to

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2004

Well, I guess you get what you pay for. Or, more appropriately, you DON'T get what you DIDN'T pay for. Checked in to the Travelodge for a night of partying at the downtown clubs and didn't want to drive home (30 miles away). Well, first thing I noticed was the weird smell. But okay, let that go. Okay, the rugs were NASTY - like didn't want to walk barefoot on them nasty! Okay, I can still deal with this. Except the bathroom - the floor looks like my best friend from college's did, and he did not wash it ONCE in the two years I knew him. Nasty is an understatement, and the shower was no better. The furniture was falling apart (the drawer on the dresser DID fall apart when I opened it), and the bed smelled weird, was oddly musty-damp and was rock hard. I didn't even unpack, because I knew there was NO WAY I was sleeping in that bed!

Needless to say I stopped drinking halfway thru the evening so I could drive my butt home and avoid sleeping there (bye-bye to my $45).

The only things this place has going are the low price ($45 - $55) and the great location (like 3 blocks from the center of the Orange Ave. clubs). I would recommend the Marriott Courtyard a block away - it's very clean, and only $99.

• Stayed April 2004
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Travelers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Central Business District
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#95 of 337 in Orlando
Eo Inn
#232 of 337 in Orlando

Been to Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex

Property: Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex
Address: 409 N Magnolia Ave, Orlando, FL 32801-1524
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #307 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Orlando Centroplex Travelodge Hotel Orlando