“BED BUGS- Sept 2012”

Days Inn Orlando/international Drive
Ranked #319 of 335 Hotels in Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
PETERBOROUGH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had read some reviews prior to checking in and suspected they were over-dramatic. I was wrong. I'm not used to having to keep an eye on food ordered in to make sure the local cockroaches don't jump in for dinner. I'm also not used to the level of disrepair in the room - specifically the shower curtain rod which was almost falling out of the wall and hanging low enough that I hit my head frequently. However, considering the rate was less that $40/night, I can't say it was unexpected. The surprise is that Days Inn continues to lend their name to a hotel with these obviously continuing problems. It gives the whole chain a bad name.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

The rooms are fair, I mean for the price is acceptable but there is one really annoying detail: the housekeeping department. They come at 10 am when you are trying to sleep and they knock on the door trying to get in like it is the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was in Orlando for a conference at the Orange County Convention Center just down the road. While the location was in a prime area, my stay at Days Inn was not the greatest. It was noisy the first night... you could hear people rolling their luggage outside in the hall and loud music next door. The rooms were okay, bathroom was in terrible condition.
My biggest complaint was the poor internet service. For the first few nights I was unable to get a network connection. When I went to the front desk to inquire about the internet, they implied it was my laptop that was the problem, not their service. When I showed them my laptop and how they can help me get on the web, they said it was because I had too many browser windows open?!! Huh?! At that point, I knew I wasn't going to get the help I needed. Though I talked with other complaining customers who were also having the same problems of gaining internet access. If you rely on internet access like me during a business trip, this may not be the best place for you.
Sometimes it pays to spring a few extra bucks to get the quality service we want. Lesson learned.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

MIRAMAR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Thought I was getting a deal booking online at daysinn.com. I booked and paid only to arrive at check in and be told that there is an additional "resort fee" ! A hold was puton my credit card " to cover the cost of stolen towels, iron , etc." WOW !!!

Arrived in my room and when i settled into bed ....the roaches came running ! Internet wifi was almost non existent .

Great location on International Drive BUT......sucks !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I went last year. Its cheap so i put up with he cockroaches and rude staff until the cleaner started throwing away my things and taking my towels. I filed several omplaints. None were listened to. Then one day 200 pounds worth of things went missing from my room. The police in orlando were lovely but the staff laughed at me and called me a liar. I filed a complaint o head office. I never heard anything back about any of my complaints. Oh and he free wifi is only in certain places in he builing. Something they forgot to mention along with the suprise extra fee they charge when you get there.

• Stayed November 2011
TAMPA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was pleased with all of the staff. I reported that the light between the beds was broken. The lighting in the room was poor, just not enough light.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo