“Wonderful stay at Villas of Grand Cypress”

Villas of Grand Cypress
Ranked #1 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Villas of Grand Cypress begin of June and it was a very relaxing and wonderful stay. The place is just amazing with the resort located in the middle of a huge park with 3 Golf courses but still very close than DisneyWorld. Due to the configuration of the resort it's very quiet and it was a long time ago that we were in a place where you can just hear ........ nothing.
Room was big, modern and beautiful with all necessary comfort. Was perfectly clean and in a perfect shape.
We used room services 2 times and it was a good quality-price ratio. Breakfast at the Country club was nice and quality was great. Pancakes are just a killer.
All people were nice and ready to help.
Definitively a place where we will go back when we need to relax or want to enjoy Orlando's parks

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pierre D
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Do you hear that sound? It’s relaxation! And with killer pancakes and proximity to the parks without the endemic craziness, how can you have anything but a “wonderful stay”? I look forward to that definite return trip you mentioned.

There are newer reviews for Villas of Grand Cypress

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Third time staying at Villas of Grand Cypress, just keeps getting better. Great golf, pool and food. Villas are outstanding. Staff are excellent seems the only answer is yes. Can't wait to go back.One of the few resorts where the food and staff match the outstanding villas.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the 2bed/2bath, lots of room and a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Patrick B

We can’t wait for you to go back, either! The goal is to have a staff and dining options that are equally as impressive as our dreamlike rooms. I’m over-the-moon that we met that goal during your stay!

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I have rarely used the word PERFECTION to describe anything--- From reception to departure this resort is an oasis of tranquility with excellent service, luxurious breathtaking accommodations, attention to detail, and sincere caring for the guest.

The villas are gorgeous with state of the art furnishings ( adjustable shutters on all doors and windows for that Key West island feel) and a luxurious bathroom- a fireplace for those romantic evenings and views of the lush foliage and golf course ( some with water views) , grounds meticulously maintained, and a tropical pool with a waterfall spa and separate second whirlpool. Even the pool staff exceeded my expectations with frozen grapes and unending ice water brought to my chaise on those hot afternoons!

Everyone waves and smiles ( even the security gate attendant when they clear you for entry--- great gated resort). The clubhouse restaurant Nine Eighteen has wonderfully prepared food that is better then Hemingway's at the sister property!

This is a true haven of tranquil excellence, yet, the mouse and the whale are minutes away and the resort offers many packages ( priced for value for the guest) for local attractions.

On a personal note-- Kevin and Garreth ( evening and day shift lead bellman slash resort ambassadors) are true " go to people" who often unobtrusively checked in to make sure all was well. Overseeing the crew is front desk manager Jeffrey who was ever so kind even when I was a curmudgeon after a long flight and me having a grumpy attitude--- Jeffrey is a kind hearted and genteel hotelier-- who leads through his own gracious character of caring! I cannot wait to come back--- I am, in about a month for a lengthy stay- KNOWING that I will have the finest accommodations and BEST caring service that I have experienced anywhere in the world! Florida in the summertime? You bet-- those frozen grapes cool you off just fine! Thank you for treating me like family!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank EpicuriousTourist

Welcome to the Grand Cypress family! How fortuitous that your travels brought you to the Villas. Kevin, Gareth, and Jeffrey will be here to welcome you back soon! We’ll have some frozen grapes waiting for you.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough wonderful things about this jewel of place to stay while visiting Orlando.. my only regret was that we only stayed one night. The pictures on the website dont do this place any justice. It is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. And the BEST part of it all is the top notch personal customer service they offer from beginning to end. My ladies club which consisted of 16 was treated like royal princesses. Kimberly in Concierge.....is the Diamond of the Villas of Grand Cypress. I can't even name all the personal things she did for my group.....going above and beyond never missing a single detail....she made me feel like it was her privilege to accommodate us in any way she could. The ladies and I are still talking about Kim and the Villas and rest assured when ever we are in the area we will always stay there. It is better than a home away from home. Five stars is not enough for this place. Thank Kimberly and the rest of the Villas of Grand Cypress Family.
Shonna & Ladies of RSD

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Nitelife26

I know Kim enjoyed helping out with your fun one-nighter with us. I’m thrilled to be your home when you’re in the area. Bring back the Ladies of RSD soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I never knew about this hotel until recently and I go to Orlando often on business. Tucked away , right off of a major road is this lovely resort. Close to my favorite outlet mall, too! The rooms are tastefully decorated and I loved my bed (most comfortable mattress ever) and I like any hotel who has Keurig coffee makers in the room. My room was on the first floor with a nice view of a man made lake and the golf course. Bathroom amenities are Gilchrest & Soames (nice) - really nice tub and shower (wish I had used the tub!) I felt like I was in a condo, not a hotel. Next time I go back, going to upgrade to the full suite with kitchen. Also, make sure you dine in their restaurant. Poolside was the best service ever. Never have I had someone continue to bring cold water without me even asking for it...including the Ritz Carlton in Orlando.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank 334LUVS2TRAVEL

Now you’ll always have a comfortable and relaxing place to stay during your frequent business trips to Orlando! You might need to extend your stay a little longer next trip to allow for some much deserved tub time.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My friends and I take an annual golf trip to the Grand Cypress Villas. They really treat you like royalty. I never sleep that well away from home unless I'm staying here. I even looked up what type of pillows and beds they use so I can buy them for my house.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank porkchoprx

A restful night’s sleep is essential for golf trip stamina! I’m so happy you found a place away from home where you can sleep well, and I’m SO happy it was us! See you next summer!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We are coming to the Villas of Grand Cypress more than thirty years.
We have never been disappointed and see that everybody is trying to maintain the quality and especially the service at the highest level. You did a wonderful job with the renovations of the villas. We will come back !
Meindert and Sonja, The Netherlands

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Meindert K

How wonderful that such a long time guest as you is still enjoying the grandness of Grand Cypress! I can’t wait to have you back again, and again, and again in the years to come!