“A hidden gem”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I never knew about this hotel until recently and I go to Orlando often on business. Tucked away , right off of a major road is this lovely resort. Close to my favorite outlet mall, too! The rooms are tastefully decorated and I loved my bed (most comfortable mattress ever) and I like any hotel who has Keurig coffee makers in the room. My room was on the first floor with a nice view of a man made lake and the golf course. Bathroom amenities are Gilchrest & Soames (nice) - really nice tub and shower (wish I had used the tub!) I felt like I was in a condo, not a hotel. Next time I go back, going to upgrade to the full suite with kitchen. Also, make sure you dine in their restaurant. Poolside was the best service ever. Never have I had someone continue to bring cold water without me even asking for it...including the Ritz Carlton in Orlando.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank 334LUVS2TRAVEL
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Now you’ll always have a comfortable and relaxing place to stay during your frequent business trips to Orlando! You might need to extend your stay a little longer next trip to allow for some much deserved tub time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My friends and I take an annual golf trip to the Grand Cypress Villas. They really treat you like royalty. I never sleep that well away from home unless I'm staying here. I even looked up what type of pillows and beds they use so I can buy them for my house.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank porkchoprx
A restful night’s sleep is essential for golf trip stamina! I’m so happy you found a place away from home where you can sleep well, and I’m SO happy it was us! See you next summer!
Alphen aan den Rijn, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We are coming to the Villas of Grand Cypress more than thirty years.
We have never been disappointed and see that everybody is trying to maintain the quality and especially the service at the highest level. You did a wonderful job with the renovations of the villas. We will come back !
Meindert and Sonja, The Netherlands

5 Thank Meindert K
How wonderful that such a long time guest as you is still enjoying the grandness of Grand Cypress! I can’t wait to have you back again, and again, and again in the years to come!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I am a reluctant Disney area visitor.
While I have come to appreciate all that is Disney (plus the other parks / attractions) I NEED the chance to get away to a more peaceful and relaxing environment. In the past we tried a rental home which worked very well however it lacked "pampering" and the feel of a vacation that comes from amenities / daily housekeeping and concierge / room service. The Villas of Grand Cypress gave us the distance / peace I was looking for with a kitchen to prepare healthy meals (to balance out the dreck in the parks) plus a nice pool area (with bar / food service) and all the comforts of a high end hotel environment and NO Disney characters / merchandising! Plus the Villas give access to the golf facilities including the Academy - club rentals are free for Villa guests and they have a driving range plus 3 hole practice course. This was a dream for my 2 kids who otherwise are much too inexperienced for a "real" golf course (they could take 15 shots to reach the green without anybody being held up).
Further we had people stay "part" of our visit and simply had an extra room (attached to the main unit) opened thus keeping the costs to the actual number of used rooms.
The staff was fantastic and helpful. The location very convenient to attractions, restaurants and shopping. The unit was clean and well appointed. Restaurant options on premises (and at the nearby Hyatt) were good. All-in-all a wonderful way to "do" Orlando while feeling more like a luxury vacation than a 24 hour merchandising merry-go-round.

Room Tip: Villas in court 1 and 5 have potential for Magic Kingdom fireworks view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank RyokoVoyageur
It is amazing to read that the Villas provided you and your family with the tranquility you were seeking in Orlando. I’m glad the versatility of our Two-, Three-, and Four-Bedroom Villas made it easy to accommodate your fluctuating group size. You know where to find us next time you “do” Orlando!
B'ham, AL
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Grand Cypress was everything we were looking for in a golf trip and then some! First & foremost, Mrs. Karen in reservations went out of her way to take care of us and make sure our trip was set up just how we wanted it... Stayed 4 nights in late April, 36 holes of golf every day and it was wonderful! The golf courses were in great shape and the villas are nicer than even the pictures show!! We are already trying to find a time to get back!

J. Moore
Birmingham, AL

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
As you said, you’re always in good hands with Karen! Whenever you want help finding that “time to get back,” give her a call! We’ll love to have you.
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I absolutely loved everything about my 4 day stay at the grand cypress villa's. Right from my check in to my check out it was a great experience the staff was so friendly. We rode bikes all around and enjoyed the pool very much. Our view from our villa was hole one on the golf course and it was absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend this hotel. I hope to return again next year and stay a little longer!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
That’s one of my favorite things about our accommodations; there are no bad views! Not a parking lot or street view on property, only lush green and soaring skies as far as the eye can see. Call us whenever you’re ready to book next years longer stay!
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed here over memorial day weekend with our 2 kids, and we were extremely happy with our stay here.
As we passed through the entrance gate, we felt like that we were in a different world.
Beautiful golf courses were right and left, you could smell the nature. Lots of overhanging oak trees every there. Kids riding bikes, Familys playing Golf. Kids going to the pool.
The room was absolutely beautiful. Newly renovated large rooms with modern interior and the modern bathroom. Large Walkin closet, Huge TV screens, Large Balconies that opened to the Golf Course, I will tell you the rooms decor are unbelievable. We had delicious breakfast every morning at the balcony over looking one of the hotels' beautiful golf courses, and our daughter believes that the pancake is the best pancake that she ever had in her entire life! All there restaurants were top Shelf. The Pool and Golf courses were the best. Transportation to take you everywhere and at anytime.
The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We spent a whole day at the pool, and they had events for kids.
I really cant say enough about this place.

7 Thank Mermaid D
The best pancake of her entire life? We are honored! How splendid that you got out in the sunshine and enjoyed some of our summertime family activities at the Pool Bar. Let’s have more “extremely happy” times next year!