“The Place to Stay”

Villas of Grand Cypress
Ranked #1 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 8, 2014

First class!!! From pulling into the Office to check in to driving out of the guard gates back to the airport, you are going to feel like you are in a first class Resort the whole stay. Rooms are top of the line only to be exceeded by the service the staff provides you. The villa staff, the pro shop staff , and the club house staff are first rate you should be proud of the job you are doing! This is the place to stay if you are a golfer and respect great service!! My hat is off to you!!! Perry S

1  Thank Perry S
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

I’m honored by the tipping of your hat to our team’s service, Perry! We will be here with more “first class,” “top of the line,” and “first rate” when you make your next golf trip to Orlando.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I took my family on our annual 'parasite' holiday to Orlando from April 7 until April 18 2014 - there were 12 of us in total. I originally booked three rooms at one of the Universal Hotels but about a month before going I took another look at the hotel and noticed that it's trip advisor ratings had moved downwards. I started to look again and came across the Villas of Grand Cypress which was and still is rated number 1 in Orlando. On checking the price for the week it was only a few hundred pounds more to take a 4 bedroom villa at Grand Cypress and to invite my daughter, granddaughter and other son who were not coming originally.
I was not disappointed - the villa was beautiful having recently had a renovation. All bedrooms had their own bathroom with shower and bath and were beautifully furnished. Kitchen was small in comparison to the rest of the villa (around 3000 sq feet) but it did the job and it meant we did not have to try to get 12 people ready to go out for breakfast each day plus it saved a lot of money on breakfast plus laundry costs.
The villa is on a very nice golf course and being a resident we got a great deal - $79 for a round plus buggy plus club rental.
The property is only 10 minutes from Disney and 20 minutes from Universal and they run a shuttle service to their sister hotel the Grand Hyatt where you can pick up a bus to the resorts there and back for free.
The staff were very friendly at the resort particularly around the pool area and the concierge was very helpfful.
It was great all being together, although it was a little bit like the movie 'Home Alone' at times with 12 of us but it is a great alternative to a hotel especially for a larger party like ours. If I went back again I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As I booked late I took what they had. I think it would be best to ask at reservations what rooms th...
1  Thank GRAHAM M

It’s so special to have the whole family under one roof like in our Four-Bedroom Villas, even if it is reminiscent of “Home Alone” at times. The use of a kitchen during a lengthy holiday like yours is a total game changer when it comes to convenience and comfort, isn’t it? I hope your whole clan finds its way back to the Villas next year!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We spent almost a week in this resort last week and loved it! A few minor minor complaints, however, the Management was so nice and accommodating, made everything right again. I would highly recommend this resort for Golfers as well as a mother daughter relaxation holiday!

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor are quieter
3  Thank Sylvia H
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

A mother-daughter relaxation holiday sounds divine! And a comfy and luxurious Villa is the perfect place for such an excursion. I hope another week trip is already in the works!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a perfect resort for people that want golf to be the focus of their trip. If you book early and get your tee times set well in advance, you will have a great time. We booked abour 2 months in advance and could not get a tee time on a Saturday, on any of the 3 courses due to an outing. But, with 2 of the 3 days set, we figured that we could still get out if someone cancelled. Turned out to be a moot point due to weather, but this course is a draw so I recommend booking early. The courses are really taken care of, the staff is great, the clubhouse has everything you would want. Everyone goes out of their way to try and make you happy with the resort and allow you to relax and enjoy a private club experience. My wife and I love golf, but with 3 little kids have not played much at all over the past few years, and we are not members of a club at home. Naturally,we were a bit nervous about being paired up with avid golfers all weekend, some of which may not appreciate our level of play. Ideally we would have travelled with another couple to be even more relaxed, but I can honestly say that people we played with (resort guests and local members) could not have been nicer and made us feel comfortable as we knocked off some of the rust. The North course was perfect for us. The double fairways and lack of any real penal rough was ideal as we played our first round together in over 2 yrs. We managed to stay on pace despite initially spraying it left and right, and got to experience an amazing layout. It helped that I somehow played the round of my life to move things along. The East and North are a bit tighter, but still offered a nice balance of forgiveness and challenging holes. There were ample practice greens and ranges everywhere. Great facility. We still managed to finish in 4hrs or so, so the pace of play was fine.

The villas were recently renovated and they are spectacular. We stayed on a villa right near the clubhouse and pool with the putting green right outside our back patio. The bathroom has an excellent shower with multiple jets and a large tub that was perfect to relax in after playing golf. The room definitely felt high-end and very tech-friendly with multiple outlets, wifi, and even a flat screen embedded in the bathroom mirror. The bathroom is very impressive.

Our stay was 3 days/3 nights. The weather threw us a big curveball. Other than the front 9 right after we arrived, and the few hrs we spent before check out, it rained. The pool area at the Villas looked small, but private. There is a bar area that is hard to judge since we never saw it in action, but I could picture it being a nice place to unwind without a ton of kids around. We did manage to enjoy some hot tub time at night during breaks in the rain. Apparently the shared amenities available across the street at the Hyatt include a much larger pool area, but is more of a "family" environment. If we had better weather, I'm sure we would have gone over there to check that out along with the other restaurants. We were excited to relax poolside and enjoy some drinks after golf but we never had the chance due to weather. In retrospect, we probably should have taken the free shuttles to the Hyatt side to try their restaurants, but since we were only in town a few nights we mostly ate at the Clubhouse. Menu was pretty basic but good, and the drinks were made very well. We didn't try the 918 restaurant, just weren't in the mood to go for a full multi course dinner but it looked very nice. With the bad weather, we were surprised at how few people were hanging out in the clubhouse bar after dinner. We went down for some drinks and to watch a game and we were the only ones in there from 8-10pm. In general, being in our early 30's, we felt that most of the villa guests were 10-20 yrs older. We saw plenty of younger men playing golf at an outing, but I don't think they were staying in the Villas. Obviously if it hadn't rained we would have had a better time playing more golf and enjoying the pool. Our last full day it rained from sunrise till about 3pm, so we went to Epcot and did a little partying, which was a nice change of pace from the quiet Villas. If we go next time, I think we'd consider trying the Hyatt since it may be more our speed, but would still give us access to the golf at Grand Cypress. But, if we could convince another couple to come along on the trip and got better luck on the weather, I think I'd prefer the Villas since there were very few little kids and it is more convenient if you want golf to be the focal point of your trip. I am giving the resport high marks because I can picture what it would have been like with better weather.

Room Tip: Don't worry about noise close to the clubhouse. It was fine, and very convenient to walk there...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ssrey10

Way to “knock off some of the rust” like a champion! You might even consider a couple’s golf lesson with the Grand Cypress Academy of Golf next time you’re with us to really amp up your level of play together. You and whatever friends or kids you want to bring with you next trip are welcome any time at the Villas!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was my 3rd visit and as was the case on our prior visits, every aspect was EXCELLENT! The facilty, golf courses, restaurant & all service was exemplary. Don't miss the opportunity to stay at the Villas of Grand Cypress and play some wonderful golf courses. For certain, I'll be back in the fall.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Harold P

How awesome that you did not “miss the opportunity” to pass a third visit with us at the Villas! See you in the Fall!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great experience all round. Villas have been redone with class, much better than being cooped up in a hotel room. Staff is superb, very friendly and professional. Great golf getaway, but Disney is close by as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Putter2014

There’s something for everyone when you’ve got golf, relaxation, and theme park proximity all in one! We’ll keep your “home away from home” primed and ready for your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was invited as a group of 6 from Canada for a 3 day Golf Academy and Golf vacation. 'Outstanding' is the best description. The welcome, the service, the accomodations and the golf were all fantastic. The characters at the Academy made golf a pleasure, very informative and entertaining. The golf wonderful, the 'New Course" is of course the favourite, but we played the East nine just before leaving, it is a gem...Many many thanks

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank miket332

The “characters” at the Grand Cypress Academy of Golf are always a good time (with lots of learning, for sure). After having enjoyed the New and East courses so much, make sure and visit the gems of the North and South courses when we see you again next year!