1,632 results
All reviewsgolf resortbedroom villaclub suitegolf courses aremark coxhyatt poolbathroom mirrorpitch and puttsister propertyhome away from homethe hyatt regencydisney fireworksfull kitchenpaddle boatssitting areashuttle serviceevery staff member
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is the fourth year that we have chosen Villas of Grand Cypress for our girl's golf trip. The accommodations are the perfect layout for friends traveling together, separate bedrooms and baths plus a common living area and kitchen. The staff is exceptional - friendly, responsive, and focused on doing anything they can make your stay more comfortable. Everything you need is on the villa property or at the hotel. Golf, good restaurants, shuttles to the hotel, pools. We are all ready planning next years trip!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jan S
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

We love ladies golf trips! The Villas really do have an ideal set up for friends vacating together—laughter and fun times all evening in your expansive living room, dining room, kitchen, and patio, but a master bedroom with master bathroom ALL to yourself to retreat to at the night’s end? We’ll take it! Let us know if you need any help planning next year’s trip; see you in the spring!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Villas are outstanding and the golf courses are great, but it is the people that make your stay. The staff is absolutely wonderful. They go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. Cannot go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Frank I

I’m happy to read you experienced “above and beyond” treatment here at the Villas. I hope you “don’t go wrong” by staying with us again soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The family and I stayed at the Villas of Grand Cypress between March 22-31. In previous trips to Orlando, we had stayed at Disney at the Swan and Wilderness lodge. This time around we wanted to stay off site and find a quiet haven so we could truly relax after wild days at the parks. I have to say that the Villas filled that need! Our entire stay was very relaxing and it was so nice to have a place to go to where there wasn't crowds of people surrounding us. The first five nights we stayed in a two bedroom villa. The villas are very nicely appointed with a fully equipped kitchen, nice sized rooms with comfortable beds and bathrooms that are roomy and well stocked with towels and toiletries. For the remainder of our stay after my husband left, the kids and I transferred into a one bedroom villa that we like better than the two bedroom. The one bedroom was just as comfortable, and being on the corner allowed for a sundeck to layout and read (unfortunately we didn't have many sunny days while we were there). The transfer went smoothly, the bellman moved our luggage to the new room while we were out for the day. The whole experience was great, the service there from the front desk to concierge was excellent. We never had a problem with any requests that we made. I would suggest that if you're flying into Orlando it might be wise to get a rental car. Taxi's to the Disney Parks range from $18-$30 with tip...depending on which venue you're going to. Universal will be $30+ to get to by taxi. There are parking fees to the parks...I believe Disney was $15. You can order food from Goodings Grocery Store and have it delivered, but there is a service charge and we had to wait until the following day of ordering to get our groceries. The concierge offers both taxi's and town cars for transport. I was told that a taxi would be about $60-$65 to the airport depending on traffic, a town car is $78 which includes a 20% gratuity, we took a town car to the airport which is about 30 minutes away. We were OK with taking taxis, only once did we feel we were taken advantage of, the rest of the cab drivers were fine. The room service food is similar to that of their sports bar restaurant, we didn't eat in their fine dining restaurant since we ate off site usually. We really liked our stay and will definitely go back if we decided to return to Orlando!

Room Tip: If staying in a one room, definitely ask for a corner...not quite sure if all one rooms are corners, but the outside deck area was nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank bcmom_7

I’m elated that you gave us a try during this trip to Orlando, and even more elated that your stay went so splendidly! Next trip, give our park resort transportation a try! It goes to Disney, Sea World, and Universal on a set schedule, and at no additional cost to your stay!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed March 15-19th. Our Florida vacation was mainly to go to the theme parks, but we didn't want to stay on Disney property as we have done that in the past. I booked the Villas of Grand Cypress based on trip advisor reviews. Loved our room; the 4 of us (which included two teenaged girls) had plenty of room. Especially liked the bathroom, shower, tv right in the the bathroom mirror, comfortable beds, good soundproofing from neighboring villas, and our patio which overlooked the first green on the golf course. Although we didn't golf, my husband enjoyed watching the golfers, who were just far enough away from us so none of us felt any intrusion from the others. Loved the pool area; there were never more than 10 people there and about 50-60 chaise lounges. We were informed that we could take the shuttle to the Hyatt down the road which supposedly has a "better pool" area that we could use, but we enjoyed our privacy and our teenagers just wanted to lay out in the sun so we never checked that out. The pool bar service was spotty; quite often there was only one person working there and drink/food orders could take quite awhile. We also found that the service was less than great in the clubhouse, where we ate 3 breakfast meals and one dinner. There just weren't enough staff despite the restaurant never being more than half full when we were there. There were many people working on the beautiful grounds and so we couldn't figure out why their foodservice was lacking- this was really our only complaint. We visited Disney parks and Universal which were a short 15 minutes away by rental car; maybe 10 minutes from Downtown Disney and we went there a few times because there wasn't much to do on the grounds at night for our teenagers. I loved the escape from the crowds though and the privacy was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank MannMom12

It is marvelous that your suite was the perfect fit for your family! I love the privacy of our property, too; I’m glad your family felt at home with us. I’m sorry to read that you didn't encounter the top notch service that we strive to provide at our pool bar and clubhouse. I have shared your experience and thoughts with our restaurant managers and their team so we may continue to work to give the kind of personalized and intuitive service that it is our goal to give every guest. I hope we can see your family again sometime!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I recently stayed in the Villas of Grand Cypress. It was a wonderful experience. The Villa was spacious and clean and had every thing I needed from a wonderful shower to comfortable furniture to relax in. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant and helpful. I highly recomend this resort.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Nick B

We aim to provide “everything you need” while you are with us, and it’s fantastic to read that we did that for you. Come relax in a comfortable Villa again some time!