“My wedding weekend was PERFECT!”

Villas of Grand Cypress
Ranked #1 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was the best wedding I have ever been to and my guests agree as well. Nerissa was with me throughout the whole process. she was responsive, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and answered all of my questions and eased all my pre-wedding nervousness. My guests have reported that this is the most organized wedding they have ever attended. Everything went on schedule and without a hitch. I did not have an additional wedding planner--Nerissa did everything and ensured it all went perfectly. The food was the best food that my guests have ever had at a wedding--bar none. In addition, Nerissa and all of the staff were so flexible with my many requests. I wanted 3 meal options and they made it happen. The service was incomparable and anytime I asked for anything, it happened. There was never something that I requested that I didn't get. Nerissa and her team truly made the day perfect. From getting our discounted room block to planning the event, to checking into our room to the set up, rehearsal, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, everything was perfect. I have been overwhelmed with compliments about my wedding--everyone raves about how great the filet mignon, snapper, and chicken was, as well as the amazing appetizers all the way to the bartender who handled all of our many requests. This was the best experience I could have possibly had. If I were to have all the money in the world to plan another wedding, I would pick the same venue and team at the Villas of Grand Cypress. They truly made my day magical. I loved it and so did all of my guests.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rachel C
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

I am just FILLED with joy to read how well your wedding went at the Villas! Nerissa and her team are rock stars, and it’s fantastic that your special day was PERFECT in their hands. It’s truly our honor to be a part of such a significant moment in your life. CONGRATULATIONS!!

There are newer reviews for Villas of Grand Cypress

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I were down in Florida for our business and decided to stay for a few days and enjoy the beautiful weather... we had actually just gotten married and weren't planning on taking a honeymoon, but decided we deserved to treat ourselves. We googled a bunch of places to stay in Orlando (I have never been, but my husband has) and couldn't really decide where we wanted to stay. We came across the Villa of Grand Cypress and from the photos it looked absolutely beautiful (and the price was really reasonable). We called last minute and made reservations for that very night and for two more additional nights... We arrived to our room late and were totally blown away by how beautiful the room was and the great service. From the lighting, to the bed, tv, view, and AMAZING bathroom to the staff which was extremely helpful and friendly;we felt like we were somewhere we almost didn't even deserve to be! Needless to say our stay was amazing and we will definitely be going back again, and again, and again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa B

Yay for unplanned honeymoons at the Villas! I’m tickled that you happened upon us for such a landmark trip. I hope “again, and again, and again” come quickly! Think of us when it’s time for a First Anniversary trip!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Based on my research on TripAdvisor we booked this hotel for 2 days this past weekend.
We had considered staying at one of the Disney Resorts, however for 400-500 dollars, the rooms did not wow us, although the convenience was a plus.
Check in was a breeze at the Villas and staff were very helpful and friendly. We stayed in a one bedroom villa. The villa was phenomenal. Very large living room with a 60"(?) flat screen smart TV and leather sectional with pull out bed. The dining room was huge and accommodated 8 persons and there was a modern kitchen. The bedroom was also very large with another flat screen and extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom was equipped with double sinks, TV integrated into a large mirror, decent quality soaps and shampoos and a soaking tub.
There were views of the golf course from most rooms and a patio with table and chairs.
All in all, quite luxurious and comfortable accommodations.
The complimentary transportation to the Magic Kingdom was somewhat inconvenient as you are transported to the Hyatt and then on a bus to Disney. A little bit of an delay but not enough to dissuade us from future stays.
We ate at the 918 restaurant, fine dining, and food and service were excellent and appropriately priced for this type of property. The wait staff was attentive during dinner. We had breakfast at the Club restaurant, family dining, on the following two mornings and very favorably impressed as well.
On our last night I called ahead to housekeeping from the car returning with my two children and grandchild. I informed staff that they would be spending the night and requested linens. Upon our return in less than 15 minutes, we found the fold away couch bed made up, with 4 extra bath towels, duvet, and 4 pillows ready for us. Now that, is outstanding service. We took a chance on room service as everyone was tired, and were not disappointed.
When you pay over $350 to stay in a hotel, it should be luxurious with outstanding accommodations, food and service. This property exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BobbyMiamiBeach
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

We motion to make way for the 6th star! I’m elated that you came with high expectations and had them exceeded by our staff and property. I love our housekeeping team and you shared a great example of their efficiency and thoughtfulness.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I brought my family here for one night based on TA's number one rating, and after having a bad experience at another Orlando hotel. I wasn't disappointed. The staff was very friendly at check-in. They even offered me a free cocktail and mentioned I could come back for more. We were then led by a golf cart to our room. The hotel is on a golf course close to Disney. It is a nice relaxing environment away from the crowds. The room was nice, big, and new. Big tv with lots of channels, two comfortable beds, and a pull out couch. The bathroom was the highlight. It had a freestanding modern bathtub, two sinks, and a separate shower with a big rain head and two body jets. The room has it's own Keurig coffee pot and a mini fridge with coffee creamer inside. They gave me the AAA discount, at the last-minute, so it was only around $255/night. I do think there may have been some added resort charges though. We just stayed overnight and left for the airport the following morning. I can't review the other aspects, but, from all appearances, I'm sure everything was first rate. I will definitely stay here if ever back in Orlando.

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Rzanjo
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I’m so pleased that we were able to turn around your time in Orlando! While I’d love to confirm your suspicion that the parts of our resort that you weren’t able to experience are all “first rate,” I’d love even more for you to come back and experience them all for yourself! Let me know what you think when you do!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed two nights as part of a wedding party. My room was beautiful and spotlessly clean. I really enjoyed the bathroom, which included a large soaking tub and a shower stall with multiple jets. The grounds were gorgeous. I don't golf, but I did use the fitness center and pool and they were very nice. The ceremony and reception were held at the Meeting Center. The staff did a great job coordinating everything and the food was excellent. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful.
My only complaint was the surcharges on my bill- the taxes, fees, service charges, and "porterage fees" (we transported our own luggage to the room and back) amounted to an additional 20% of the bill. This was a little bit of a shock at checkout time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

We just love our Villas weddings! I’m so glad that everything went well and that you were able to use the pool and the fitness center while you were with us! I’m sorry you were surprised by some of the items on your bill; for groups like wedding parties and events, the contact for your group prearranges all rates, fees, and taxes with a sales manager here on property to get your group’s specific package set up. Besides hearing of the details from your group contact, you received these details in the confirmation email you received when you booked your stay with us, as well as at the time of check-in when you reviewed and signed for the details of your reservation when you first stopped by the front desk. If you have any further questions about your stay or the details of your reservation, please feel free to give me a call directly at 407-239-1947. I hope to welcome you back to the Villas again sometime!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Myself and family recently stayed at the Villas, and have to say it was absolutely first rate. From the welcome we received on arrival(By John) to are departure we were looked after impeccably all the staff were tremendous and the grounds on which the villas are set are wonderful I know its a golf course, but so peaceful, considering it is right bang in the middle of all that is Disney,We cannot wait to return. Also I would just like to mention the housekeeping staff who were amazing, if you are thinking of taking a holiday in area look no further than here.

Room Tip: I would advise if your party numbers more than four go for the one bedroom villa
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JMBreen2014

It’s not the simplest thing to find peace and serenity “right bang in the middle” of the vacation capital of the world, and I’m over the moon that you found that with us! From arrival to departure, John and the rest of the team are ready for your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have been staying at the Villas of Grand Cypress for many years and visited again last week with my family. I could not believe that the Villas could improve upon their excellent property and staff, but they did. The renovation is spectacular and the photos on the web site don't do the Villas justice. The staff continues to be incredibly caring and helpful and wants to make you feel like family without being intrusive. The grounds continue to be exceptional and immaculate, making relax the minute you drive onto the property. If you like golf or tennis, the courses and courts are top rated. The addition of a new fleet of bikes and exercise equipment was also a great perk. Honestly, I was almost afraid to post this, because once you stay at the Villas of Grand Cypress, you won't want to stay anywhere else in the Orlando area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Trudy133
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for your bravery in spreading the word about the Villas; we promise to always be a place where you can come to instantly relax!