“Thanks to TripAdvisor”

Ranked #1 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Thanks to TripAdvisor”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I brought my family here for one night based on TA's number one rating, and after having a bad experience at another Orlando hotel. I wasn't disappointed. The staff was very friendly at check-in. They even offered me a free cocktail and mentioned I could come back for more. We were then led by a golf cart to our room. The hotel is on a golf course close to Disney. It is a nice relaxing environment away from the crowds. The room was nice, big, and new. Big tv with lots of channels, two comfortable beds, and a pull out couch. The bathroom was the highlight. It had a freestanding modern bathtub, two sinks, and a separate shower with a big rain head and two body jets. The room has it's own Keurig coffee pot and a mini fridge with coffee creamer inside. They gave me the AAA discount, at the last-minute, so it was only around $255/night. I do think there may have been some added resort charges though. We just stayed overnight and left for the airport the following morning. I can't review the other aspects, but, from all appearances, I'm sure everything was first rate. I will definitely stay here if ever back in Orlando.

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Rzanjo
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
I’m so pleased that we were able to turn around your time in Orlando! While I’d love to confirm your suspicion that the parts of our resort that you weren’t able to experience are all “first rate,” I’d love even more for you to come back and experience them all for yourself! Let me know what you think when you do!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed two nights as part of a wedding party. My room was beautiful and spotlessly clean. I really enjoyed the bathroom, which included a large soaking tub and a shower stall with multiple jets. The grounds were gorgeous. I don't golf, but I did use the fitness center and pool and they were very nice. The ceremony and reception were held at the Meeting Center. The staff did a great job coordinating everything and the food was excellent. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful.
My only complaint was the surcharges on my bill- the taxes, fees, service charges, and "porterage fees" (we transported our own luggage to the room and back) amounted to an additional 20% of the bill. This was a little bit of a shock at checkout time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We just love our Villas weddings! I’m so glad that everything went well and that you were able to use the pool and the fitness center while you were with us! I’m sorry you were surprised by some of the items on your bill; for groups like wedding parties and events, the contact for your group prearranges all rates, fees, and taxes with a sales manager here on property to get your group’s specific package set up. Besides hearing of the details from your group contact, you received these details in the confirmation email you received when you booked your stay with us, as well as at the time of check-in when you reviewed and signed for the details of your reservation when you first stopped by the front desk. If you have any further questions about your stay or the details of your reservation, please feel free to give me a call directly at 407-239-1947. I hope to welcome you back to the Villas again sometime!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Myself and family recently stayed at the Villas, and have to say it was absolutely first rate. From the welcome we received on arrival(By John) to are departure we were looked after impeccably all the staff were tremendous and the grounds on which the villas are set are wonderful I know its a golf course, but so peaceful, considering it is right bang in the middle of all that is Disney,We cannot wait to return. Also I would just like to mention the housekeeping staff who were amazing, if you are thinking of taking a holiday in area look no further than here.

Room Tip: I would advise if your party numbers more than four go for the one bedroom villa
1 Thank JMBreen2014
It’s not the simplest thing to find peace and serenity “right bang in the middle” of the vacation capital of the world, and I’m over the moon that you found that with us! From arrival to departure, John and the rest of the team are ready for your next trip to Orlando!
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have been staying at the Villas of Grand Cypress for many years and visited again last week with my family. I could not believe that the Villas could improve upon their excellent property and staff, but they did. The renovation is spectacular and the photos on the web site don't do the Villas justice. The staff continues to be incredibly caring and helpful and wants to make you feel like family without being intrusive. The grounds continue to be exceptional and immaculate, making relax the minute you drive onto the property. If you like golf or tennis, the courses and courts are top rated. The addition of a new fleet of bikes and exercise equipment was also a great perk. Honestly, I was almost afraid to post this, because once you stay at the Villas of Grand Cypress, you won't want to stay anywhere else in the Orlando area.

3 Thank Trudy133
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for your bravery in spreading the word about the Villas; we promise to always be a place where you can come to instantly relax!
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We didn't golf, but enjoyed the stay over Christmas. We stayed 6 nights and the staff worked hard to make sure your stay was special and all needs met. I was pleased to see a beautiful Christmas tree I had requested decorated in our room. Traveling with kids made this gesture exceptional! The kids fished behind the villas with poles provided by the property. We enjoyed walking around the property. I was surprised how close we were to theme parks and Downtown Disney, since it feels so secluded. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
A Villas Christmas is quite the singular experience, isn’t it? No snow-covered driveways and icy roads here, just fishing and biking in the Florida sun! But our warm climate doesn’t lose any of the coziness of the season, as you can still snuggle up inside your villa by your very own Christmas tree! I hope we can make the season bright again together next year!
singapore
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I know it may cost more than the average accommodation in Orlando, but you really get your money's worth. The rooms are huge, new, clean, well-equipped, modern, technologically advanced.
Located on a golf course, it is really quiet but 5 minutes drive to Downtown Disney, 20 minutes to the Universal theme parks, Outlet mall and catholic church 10 minutes drive away, Supermarkets and restaurants a few hundred metres away.
There is a heated pool. Which was great for us with 3 kids in winter. You can get tired going to theme parks everyday, so having the pool was great.
John, who showed us to our rooms, was very enthusiastic and explained all the features of the room and the resort to us in great detail.
We felt safe and relaxed and we would definitely want to stay there again.

1 Thank jls0212
That we could be a special place for you to feel safe and relax this holiday season means the world to me. And that John sure is a swell guy, isn’t he? The best. He’ll be here next time around to welcome you back!
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Made our December visit to the Villas for annual birthday celebration. I reviewed this resort in August but just want everyone to know that each visit I am always reminded that the reason I come here is the people. They think of everything to make your stay enjoyable and relaxing. Even though it is just behind the Disney property when you are in the Villas you feel like you are a million miles away from home. It is so quiet and comfortable. We loved the new fireplaces! I highly recommend dining in the Club. The food is excellent! For our birthday dinner we had the filet and salmon which we had never tried and were very impressed. If you are having lunch the soups are creative and different than what is presented on most menus. Special thanks to Mr. Yost , Karen, Jeffrey and Gareth. As usual you made our stay "Grand" !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tanya B
We never get tired of welcoming you back to the Villas. We’ve loved being a part of so many of your life’s special moments over the years. I’m so glad you gave the salmon a try in the Club! That dish is YUM-O!