“Fantastic overall experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Winter Springs, Florida
“Fantastic overall experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were married at the Villas and had a very intimate family event a few weeks back. The view was spectacular and the staff was very accomodating. We have stayed at the Villas numerous times before and this is a hotel we love coming back to. It's very laid back and the rooms have just been renovated. We take the shuttle to the Hyatt when we want to take the kids to the large pool with waterfalls and slides, kayaking etc. but I personally like the quiet setting of the pool & bike riding at the Villas. This is a great location if you want to be close to Disney but not in the middle of the hustle and bustle. Fantastic place for couples or families. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maribel R
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
We just LOVE our Villas brides! I hope you post some pictures of your special day; weddings are our favorite! I agree with you, nothing hits the summer spot like a quiet afternoon at the Villas pool with an ice cold mojito. I can’t wait to welcome you and your family back to Grand Cypress time and again in the years to come!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We live in Naples, FL and find ourselves in the Orlando area anywhere from 3-6 times a year for various reasons and with various age groups coming with. Sometimes we are visiting family and bring our baby, others it's a trip with a friend of mine, and also a couples retreat for my husband and I. No matter what the occasion the villas are perfect and offer so much more for the money than a similiarly priced hotel.

It may not be ON Disney property but it is closeby and from most rooms you can see the Disney fireworks each evening. The rooms are very modern and have great ammenities. It's a relaxing environment.

Additionally the staff is great, especially John who is always our bellman when we visit. He always makes sure we have everything we need and always with a smile on his face. You can genuinely tell he enjoys helping guests. Additionally the staff has a great memory of past guests and always asks about my 7 month old even though she has only joined us twice in her life so far :)

I definitely would not consider other area properties as they just cannot offer what this one does!

Room Tip: Ask for a Disney view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ranndella
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I agree; John is great! We’ve got an outstanding group of bellpersons on property here at the Villas. I can’t wait to have you and your sweet baby back at Grand Cypress again soon!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Highly recommend staying at the Villas. It was amazing in every way. I wanted to get creative and surprise my husband with a special Father's Day gift. I was blown away when I arrived into our Villa. It was Four Seasons, Waldorf quality. They just went through a major renovation and it was well worth it. We also participated in the Family Fun Cation package. That was awesome because my son was able to play golf with my husband at no costs. On Friday nights they have an outdoor movie showing by the pool. We enjoyed our stay. The service was outstanding. The golf course is lovely. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nadinesbest
I’m so pleased that your family took part in our “Dive-In Movie” on Friday night! It’s one of my favorite activities at the Villas. Good call booking the Family FUNcation package, as well. Kids also eat free on property with every paying adult when families book this summertime package!
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 days and 1 night, and are ready for a return visit. I have been to several nice, upscale places (4 Seasins, etc), and I rate Grand Cypress above them all. They really seem to appreciate you being there, and it is not some snotty place.
The staff was slso great, and was very helpful without being pesty or annoying.
The food & drink (breakfast & lunch) was good, not overpriced.
The golf academy was excellent, as was the course. Fred Griffin is a great instructor I believe, just based on comparing his time with a similar situation. I am planning/ plotting a return trip! My spouse agrees, it is a fabulous destination!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Bob B
You’re right; we really DO appreciate you being here! Plot that return trip quickly; Fred [and the rest of us, as well] will be waiting for you and your spouse to join us again!
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We haven't actually stayed at the villas but we got a tour around 2 different ones. wow is all I can say! There's tv's in the bathroom mirror, lovely furnished bedrooms and lounges. I will not hesitate to stay here next time we visit Orlando. We normally stay in the Hyatt regency grand cypress which is my favourite hotel, these villas are linked with the hotel and you can use all the Hyatt's facilities which is great! The only disadvantage is how far away it is from anywhere and also the man who gave us the tour said that night time was 'bug city' so advised us to stay inside if we came. This means the balcony cannot be used at night unless you want an unlimited amount of bites which is a great disappointment as it is a great addition to the house. The staff are all friendly, waving and smiling every time you pass them. It's also so handy if you're a keen golfer as the golf courses are at maximum a 5 minute walk. Do not hesitate to stay at the villas, or even the hotel as they're both an experience in themselves.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lyndsey H
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I’m elated that you decided to come take a look at the Villas! While summertime across the state of Florida is a bug-heavy season, we spray regularly outside each of our Villas to keep guest areas as clear as possible. That is to say, go forth, and enjoy your balcony! The Orlando night sky over the fairway is too brilliant not to!
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel/resort is beautiful. The upgrades were remarkable, tv in the bathroom, big spacious bedrooms and fell in love with jet shower! !! I will recommend this place to my friends as a must visit...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Carswelltwins
Any shower that can make one fall in love is a shower worth returning for! See you soon; bring your friends!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Villas of Grand Cypress are amazing. It's my home away from home! A very good value, for the price. Everyone there is very accomodating and they make you feel " like a king ". I highly recommend that you stay at the Villas, if you are in the Orlando area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I’m exultant to hear our staff was so accommodating that you felt like royalty! We strive to be the “home away from home” you have declared us to be. Come "home" soon!