“Thank you!”

Villas of Grand Cypress
Ranked #1 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently made a reservation for my mother and step father for the last week of June. I cannot thank you enough for the experience your staff provided. My mother spent 30 minutes raving. From the front desk and valet staff that referred to them by name, to every person they encountered on the property that spoke and waived, to the grounds keeper that offered my step father a ride, to the restaurant server that asked my mom if she wanted French toast again on their second breakfast visit, you made them feel special. My step father enjoyed the fitness center and they both commented on all the complimentary amenities; golf club and shoes. The guest room was beautiful and special comment was made about the shower and all three shower heads and lovely golf course view. My mom and step father are tough cookies and they had only fantastic things to say, including that it is the little details that count and this hotel had high numbers. They will definitely be back, many times!!! Thank you!

1  Thank Traci P
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

To please a “tough cookie” is its own reward! I’m elated to hear that we were able to make your parents feel special while they were here at the Villas. And now I must know, did she like the French toast enough to get it a second time?

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at Villas of Grand Cypress. From the minute we arrived until the minute we reluctantly left, we found staff to be extremely friendly, professional and courteous. We became very friendly with clubhouse staff (in particular Lauren, Marilyn, Joe, Harry, Sweeney, Orius, Chris, Georgi, Said and John) and some of the golf course staff. The villa was stunning with detailed excellence on fixtures and fittings (bathroom was to die for with stand alone bath, multi spray shower, double sink and even a tv in the huge mirror!! The golf courses were in superb condition and were tended every day. Having travelled around the world fairly frequently, we are not easily impressed but this complex was outstanding. We ate in both on site resturants - the 9/18 which was high quality 1st class food and also in the Clubhouse which was far better than a basic menu. We would love to return and we don't say that very often!! Thank you so much for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We had a villa within court 4 but as we were playing golf, we had the use of a buggy every day. Grea...
1  Thank R9EGF

If you reluctantly left, we just as much reluctantly let you go! I will gleefully relay your sentiments to the staff at The Club; such a fun group! I know they will be eager to have a table ready for you when you return to the Villas.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Can not say enough good things about Grand Cypress. Staff incredibly efficient and friendly. Rooms excellent modern and clean. If you golf you must stay , with family or friends. I went with my step son and all encountered made him feel special , Harry Zimmerman is an excellent Golf coach both for the young and old , and I guarantee he'll have you hitting longer and straight taking your scores lower.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about how thrilled I am that our staff made your son feel so special! It was a good idea to spend some time under Harry’s tutelage. Come back soon and put all your new golf skill to use!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

As a seasoned traveler, I've stayed in some great places (I review them all on Tripadvisor). After the usual lengthy search for somewhere to stay that met all our usual requirements, we chose the Villas of Grand Cypress as it would provide enough space for us a family (2 adults and 1 toddler). We also wanted somewhere that offered a peaceful respite after visiting the various Disney resorts over a week.

First impression at the lobby wasn't indicative of what was to follow - as the lobby isn't anything to get excited about, and is uninspiring. However, once we reached the villa we were blown-over by the size, location and sheer quality of decoration and equipment. I've stayed in Ritz Carlton's, Four Seasons etc in HK, Sydney, and Sharm el Sheikh so I'm not exaggerating when I say that our Villa easily matched these more recognisable top-end hotels. Living space is enormous! Bathroom lacks for nothing, the patio overlooking a lake and green is beautiful (Villa 4061) and free wifi and wide-screen TV with cable just made everything perfect.

The villa has a fully fitted kitchen including washing machine and dryer and so it was a perfect home away from home. Shuttle to the main Hyatt hotel are available on demand so there's no waiting around if you want to catch the Disney shuttle - one word of warning however, the Disney shuttles from the Hyatt only run twice in the morning and were both packed on the days we used them. They don't collect you again from the resort until after 6.00pm so you'll need to get a taxi back if you want to leave before 6.00pm to return to the Villa - we rented a hire car on the 3rd day as it was much more practical and not much more expensive once you factored in the taxi fares etc.

Our 4year old cannot swim yet - although he is confident in the water if it's a manageable depth. The Villas of Grand Cypress pool is perfectly situated (3 min walk from the villa) and an ideal temp and depth for children who cannot swim. The main Hyatt hotel has min height restriction of 48in for those children who want to use the water slide and a min depth of 1.1m which is useless for children under five who cannot swim (we left after 15mins).

We had room service the evening we arrived and couldn't finish the food as the portions were enormous. We also ate breakfast at the Clubhouse on the following morning - the food was great (enormous again) but at $54 for a parfait, pancakes, cereal and coffee we decided to go to the local supermarket and arrange our own breakfast each morning which was a more sensible decision.

The main road adjacent to the Hyatt is packed with typical Americana type restaurants and so you wont have a lack of choices if you decide to eat out - as long as you want steaks, nachos, fajitas, pizza, burgers etc. When in Rome as they say!

We didn't play golf over the week that we stayed but the fairways and green looked immaculate each day - even if there had been a heavy storm the night before.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

How splendid that our pool area was ideal for your little one! I’m sure he was the life of the party! As you noted, while the attraction shuttle is scheduled to arrive at the Disney resort twice each morning and return four times each evening, some guests opt for the even more increased flexibility of a rental car or chauffeured private town car. Our concierge team is always ready to help guests decide which option will best suit their needs. The concierge can also make reservations for you at any restaurant in Orlando, not only those on nearby State Road 535, but also the many upscale restaurants representing a world of cuisines on Restaurant Row, less than a ten minute drive or cab ride from the Villas. I eagerly anticipate welcoming your family back to Grand Cypress the next time you are “in Rome!”

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Set in about 1500 acres of golf courses,woodlands and lakes, this collection of villas I'm sure, provides something for everyone.

The villas have recently been refurbished and the finish and standard of fixtures and fittings puts them into the "top bracket". The villas are built around 5 "Courts" and have views over landscaped lakes adjacent to the golf courses.

The golf courses are both challenging [off the back tees] and visitor friendly [off the forward tees], with enough variation and landscaping to satisfy every golfer. For the golfer - the greens are hand-cut, rolled and the pin repositioned every morning!! That should give you some indication of the condition of the course and the standard of care taken by the green keeper [Superintendent] and his staff.

The surrounding woodlands hosts a multitude of wildlife including hummingbirds, butterflies, small lizards, squirrels, blue heron, egrets, buzzards and brown eagles. The lakes have plenty of fish, frogs and turtles.

In the centre of the resort is the "Clubhouse" where there is a drinks bar, a snack bar, the "9-18" restaurant, pro shop, locker rooms, and buggy shack. If you stay at the Villas, the 9-18 restaurant is definitely worth visiting. Not far away and nearer to the villas, is the pool and poolside bar. The pool area has plenty of sunbeds, tables and seating. The pool is of sufficient size with a safety depth suitable for children, clean and well tended. "John" from the bar regularly walks around clearing up and taking drinks' orders.

Without doubt the outstanding feature of this resort is the friendliness and "customer centred" staff. All of them! EVERY staff member I met, greeted me with a smile and a willingness to ensure that my holiday was the best they could provide. Nothing seemed to be a problem.

If I were to offer the resort manager or any resident advice it would be this. When staff call for a cab, don;t use the local [yellow] taxi company, Their standards don't match those of the resort! Call on the executive cabs that are allowed to park outside the Hyatt hotel.[and if they aren't prepared to travel the 2 miles for a call without additional costs, don't allow them to ply outside the hotel] Their cars are cleaner and more comfortable, The drivers are better attired, friendlier, more knowledgeable and the journey can cost less because they give a fixed price and don't charge for waiting in traffic jams or add on toll charges.

In summary, if you are looking for a first class holiday accommodation, this resort has to be a serious consideration.

4  Thank y55up
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

One of my favorite parts of the location of our Guest Services area is that I can look out the front doors and sometimes see the bald eagles sitting by the lake. Such a regal sight! Thank you for your tip on transportation choices. We work with a local executive private car company that can be scheduled in advance or called for in the moment, which can offer fixed rates to specific locations and also travel as-directed. Some guests specifically request local metered taxis to arrive at their destination, but we always want our guests to have the option of traveling in the manner in which they are most comfortable. Anyone from our concierge team can set up these options for you, even for pickup from the airport before you arrive on property!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place is gorgeous! The rooms, amenities, service and location are all excellent. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The grounds are flawless and the rooms leave nothing to be desired. I highly recommend this resort to anyone visiting the area or anyone who just needs time to relax away from home and feel like you are on vacation. The resort is quiet and never feels crowded, its spacious and everything is incredibly relaxing. There is so much to do and enjoy here. Great for kids and families or couples looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cindy B
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Isn’t it the oddest phenomenon that vacation is sometimes the last place we feel like we are on vacation? For a traveler on vacation to feel that she is truly ON VACATION is no small accomplishment in a world of long lines and crowded restaurants; how delightful that the Villas were able to be that for you and your family!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

As you turn into the Villas of Grand Cypress off of 535, you realize this is a special place. The staff is friendly and wants to make your stay perfect. Every employee I encountered during my stay was friendly and helpful always with a big smile. We stayed in one of the Club Suites and the only was to describe it is FABULOUS!! Tastefully decorated and all the amenities. The grounds are beautiful and I couldn't believe that I was only 15 minutes away from the theme parks, it seemed like I was worlds away. Can't wait to plan my next visit. I look forward to sitting on the balcony and enjoying the view again.

3  Thank Lisa C

Fabulous guests should have fabulous accommodations, and I’m euphoric that we were able to be one half of a fabulous pair with you. It’s just, well… FABULOUS!