“Orlando's Best 5 star”

GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Augustine
“Orlando's Best 5 star”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I cannot wait to go back. My visit was brief and the newly renovated club suite exceeded my expectation. Beautiful bathrooms, spacious, and like brand new. Service was wonderful and made us feel like valued guest. Looking forward to going back and bringing the family to enjoy their golf courses, pools, and activities!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wagsworld
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
The new bathrooms are our most raved about feature these days! And who doesn’t love a European shower tower and stand-alone bathing vessel for a nice post-golf soak session? We can’t wait to see you and the family when you come back for an extended stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The only issue I had with my stay was that it was too short. The room was spectacular, the shower amazing and the bed was heavenly. The Staff made me feel like a valued guest from the first encounter with Security entering the property, to the Front Desk and Restaurant Staff...

I will definitely be back next time I'm in Orlando.

Room Tip: I had a Club Suite and it was large with great views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Geee923
I’m so glad you enjoyed the use of our Club Suite accommodation! The Club Suite has become a valuable commodity to many of our new and repeat guests, with every unit containing either a balcony or a patio, a mini fridge, and a new Keurig coffee maker, as well as all the new amenities that are included in our renovated bathroom units!
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We've just returned from an awesome stay at this beautiful resort. My wife and our 11-month baby were extremely comfortable in our newly renovated 1-bdrm villa, which felt like home. All resort staff members were extremely friendly and willing to fulfill our needs, resulting in a first class service. Location is very convenient, within minutes from theme parks, but in a quiet and calm atmosphere. Our baby had a blast with bike trips, resort pool and with all conveniences of the adjacent Hyatt property.
We will definitely recommend this resort to our friends and will stay there again in our next trip to Orlando.

Room Tip: court 5 - with lake view - gorgeous sunset and fireworks view
2 Thank GGoldberg
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
The Villas at every age; I love it! If we can make your family feel at home on our property, then we are succeeding at our most important goal. If Baby’s having a blast, we’re all happy!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Totally exceeded expectations. An impromptu trip and I have found a place I will return to again and again. From working with Karen in reservations all the way thru checkout, the service is outstanding to say the least. Pulling up at the front gate I knew I was in for something special, but had no idea how special I would be treated. The grounds are beautiful, so very well kept. Our Club suite was a gem. Outstanding bathroom with great shower 3 different shower heads, beautiful soaking tub and even a tv imbedded in the bathroom mirror. You want for nothing here, your wish is everyone's command. And they do it all with style and grace. We didn't golf this trip but the courses there are a golfers dream. Very close to Disney and all that but a world away. Sitting on the patio one morning having coffee looking over the small lake onto the golf course, it was had to imagine we were in the middle of the Lake Buena Vista area of Orlando. Peace and serenity. The food was some of the best we have ever had anywhere. Dined at the Clubhouse and also had room service, both excellent. One day even went up to the clubhouse to see if they could cook me a plain chicken breast (for my dog) and they were more than happy to oblige. Like I said the words "no we can't do that" are not in anyone's vocabulary here. How nice to find a place that luxury, service, food, accommodations, amenities are all on the mark. Pool area excellent also. They will even pick you up at your villa and drive you over to the Hyatt to enjoy facilities over there, but had no desire to leave property. Nicest thing was everyone on staff would wave when you were outside walking, that was really cool. I will be back sooner than I think, love this place!!!. They do accept dogs, under 30lbs I believe, so my Chihuahua enjoyed the trip also. Some might think the one time pet fee is a bit high, but I have no issue with it at all. They say you get what you pay for but in this case we got much more than we ever expected. Our patio even had a great view of the Magic Kingdoms fireworks!!! You like I will enjoy this gem!!

Room Tip: 1st floor gives you nice patios, ask for fireworks view if you can get it. Depending on how many of...
Green Features: Glad to see they care and takean active role in helping to keep us green!!
1 Thank Buddlite
Some of our favorite VIP guests are the four-legged ones! We love being a pet-friendly property. Who would want to leave an adorable Chihuahua or Pomeranian at home or in a kennel when they are just as welcome as humans at the Villas? Make sure you bring your pup by the front desk when you check in for your next stay—we love to meet our canine guests!
Georgia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you are looking the best of the best for your family, don't look anymore. Grand Cypress is the place to stay. From Registration to Housekeeping.... the service is above your expectations. They have activities for the kids and the pool is perfect. The Villas are fantastic!!! Golf course incredible!! You cannot ask for more!!!
Excellent work Grand Cypress see you soon!

1 Thank Motherandnurse C
I’m loving seeing all these exclamation points!!! More than our renovations, more than our golf courses, and more than our restaurants, providing superior service to our guests is our top priority at the Villas, and I’m so pleased that the service level impacted you so. Come back quick and let us give you more sentences on which to use those fantastic exclamation points!!!
Mantua, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband travelled to Orlando back I May for a sales conference,and I went with him.We had a fabulous time! From the minute you check in ,you are treated like royalty by everyone you come into contact with.The registration building is open 24-7,stocked with water,soda,and during the day,mixers and alcohol--come off the golf course, mix a drink! They give you info and maps to anywhere you want to go.The villas are first class....tubs with skylights above,all NEW furniture,etc You need anything,ask and it is yours.I told all the employees I met,if there were 6 stars,they should get them!
One of our favorite places to ever stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor..some steps, but good views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JackiR1018
Our complimentary lobby bar for our guests checking in and out is a Villas amenity that many of our visitors feel sets us a cut above the rest. In our opinion, we want your time away to begin as soon as possible after arriving on our property, so why not start with a cocktail on us? A little tip: If Gareth the bellman is working next time you check in, ask him to mix up one of his acclaimed Bloody Marys for you; you won’t regret it!
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently stayed at the Villas for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom King villa with my 2 yr old and another couple with a 2 yr old. We all absolutely loved this resort and cannot wait to come back for another holiday! The staff were so friendly and helpful as soon as we stepped foot onto the premises and right up until they loaded our bags and saw us off in our shuttle at 4am on our last day! Front desk, bellman, golf and housekeeping staff were all incredible! We utilized the free shuttles to the Hyatt (pool), Disney World and the Premier Outlets. The resort facilities are great. The rooms are all fully renovated, modern, gorgeous and very spacious for families and multiple families like our group. Each bedroom had plenty of space, privacy (seperate ends of the villa) and private ensuite bathrooms. We had 2 private patios out back that looked over a pond. This resort is close to all amenities like the Disney parks, however the resort property is so large and peaceful that it provides a great escape from the busy city/park atmosphere. We spent 1 day at Disney and the remaining 4 days at the resort - golfing, swimming, bike riding (with baby seats), going for walks, and relaxing on the patio by the pond. I cant say enough about how great this resort is and i look forward to returning there very soon!

Room Tip: Villas in block 4 and 5 back onto a large pond and have a 2nd private patio that is great for suntan...
Green Features: The rooms had 2 garbage cans - 1 for recycling. Also has a green towel policy where guests indicate if towels need to be cleaned or not by their location in the bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
How fantastic that you took full advantage of all the various Grand Cypress shuttle services! In addition to the shuttles you used that go to the Hyatt Grand Cypress, Disney World, and Orlando’s Premium Outlets, we also have shuttles to Sea World and Universal Studios, including City Walk and Islands of Adventure. Joe from our concierge team tells me that there are likewise several restaurants in the area that provide shuttle service from the resort for large enough groups. But we don’t mind at all if you spend your entire stay on our side of the gate and not go anywhere else during your time in Orlando, as well!