“Great alternative to crowded Hotel Drive”

Villas of Grand Cypress
Ranked #1 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa
“Great alternative to crowded Hotel Drive”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great place even if you don't play golf. Very quiet and private, the rooms are clean comfortable and spacious.

Room Tip: Club suite overlooks the golf course
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay. We are always thrilled to read that our guests enjoyed the resort and our spacious accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Orlando!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our anniversary weekend get-a-way at The Villas of Grand Cypress. This was our second visit. The accommodations are stunning, the view is fantastic but most of all the staff members (ALL of the staff) were AWESOME! From the warm friendly smiles when we arrived at 2:00 am in the morning, to the quick response for any request we had - the attitudes were always pleasant. The food was out of this world! Hats off to the Chef!! We preferred eating on property to the point where we even cancelled our reservations at other resort area restaurants! The beds are comfortable, the shower was spacious - everything was very relaxing and stress free. Thank you, thank you, thank you! We can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We appreciate and thank you for taking the time to write all about your wonderful stay with us. As reflected in your review, we take great pride in the service we provide to our guests. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your culinary experience here on property, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future!
Harvey, Louisiana
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I chose The Grand Villas Cypress because it's a "pet friendly" resort. When I booked with reservations I asked about their pet policy and told them that I would be traveling with my pet. I was told that it would be a non refundable fee of $150. When I arrived on 7/4/2012 the clerk at the front desk was very rude the bell hop, Randy was waiting to take me & my family to our room via golf cart....he, Randy decided he would slip the clerk a note that I had a dog, which was on my shoulders. I was extremely insulted. The only reason I booked this resort because it was pet friendly. Got to the room it was dirty...they recycled soap and tissue that had been used by previous guest. The room decor is very old like the 70's old, the carpet was dirty and so was the bathroom. On night after returning from the theme parks late I called for clean towels....it took awhile. The air conditioner broke began filling the carpet with water at 11:00 p.m. I had to ask to be moved to another room. The night manager Mike was very rude and did not to compensate me and my family for having to move at midnight. Basically according to Mike my compensation was that he moved me and my family to another room. Oh and while the view of the green is nice the bushes on my back patio had not been groomed their was lots of bees and woke up to a snake. Up side....the room we were moved to although it handicap it was much better, cleaner (although there was a blood stain on my sheets) and the decor was up to date. But, by this time we had decided to end our vacation early. Never again will My Family & I stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're into golf and don't mind the out dated decor and having to ask for housekeeping...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for providing us with a review from your stay. It is extremely disappointing for us to read the inconveniences you experienced during your stay as we strive to provide the highest level of service to our guests. I would like to discuss your concerns further. Please contact me directly at 407-239-1947.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here 6/26 for two nights..We have stayed here a few times before and the rooms are starting to go down hill.Needs painting and updating.Went to the pool and did not know that we were to have a card for pool towels so i went back to the room and called the front desk and told them i was not given towel cards at check in.. they said they would send them right down..Yea right.. waited about a hour and cards were a no show! I went back to the pool anyway. when i got back to the room the towel cards were on the table..Now if i had known they were just going to "walk" right into our room i would of locked up my cameras and wallet.The resort it self is very quiet and good landscaping they just really need to update the rooms! As far as going back i'm not sure i will unless they do a major update to the rooms!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. It is very disappointing to read that we fell short of making your experience truly "grand". In response to your concerns about our rooms, all of our rooms will be undergoing a complete renovation this year. We are very excited to share these changes with our guests. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you and your family again.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have just spent two weeks in a villa at Grand Cypress . It has beautiful landscaped grounds and on the whole is a restful place. Although facilities are good if your not a golfer they are not up to the 5 star rating we anticipated. If you look closely the villas are in need of a drastic update, which we felt was a real shame. This could be because as we later read while we were in Orlando this site is being offered for sale. We used the club house restaurant for breakfast one morning during our stay whilst the food was good we felt the service and choice was not up to the standard we would expect from other hotels we have stayed in. Would we stay here again unfortunately not the 22 dollars per room per night charge was not acceptable for the standard of facilities available and we felt as we were not golfers it did not provide real value for money, renting a house would give same if not better facilities at a much more cost effective price. Uk citizens beware when booking on internet site taxes etc are not included in the final price quoted when booking. This added cost when we came to pay bill was a real shock if we had realised the REAL cost per night we would never have booked.

Room Tip: We had corner unit down stairs so at least had one quiet room Room adjacent downstairs you could hea...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you for providing us with a review from your stay. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the resort and were able to relax during your stay with us. To clarify for other guests, the sale of the property was completed earlier this year and we are proud to announce that we have a complete renovation scheduled to begin this coming October. We are very excited to share these changes with our guests! We sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding the room rate that you experienced at check-out. Our resort fee is $22 (plus tax) per bedroom, per night and includes various amenities around the resort including daily parking and housekeeping service, wireless internet, 24-hour transportation around the resort, daily transporation to the theme parks, boat and bicycle rentals, use of our 2 driving ranges and practice facilities, use of the Racquet Club, and seasonal poolside activities. We look forward to welcoming you all back to the resort on your next trip to Orlando!
Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We bought a weekend get-a-way on Expedia. We found a 4.5 star near downtown Disney and we bought it. We had never heard of this place, but it had good reviews. We arrived on a Friday evening and check in was easy. The security guard at the gate and the gentleman at the desk were both very nice and professional. The room was very spacious. We had a club suite, which was a large bedroom, bathroom and sitting area. The only issues we had were (1)the alarm clock went off at 6am Saturday morning; (2) the larger suite beside us had visitors at 7am Saturday morning who rang the doorbell non stop for five minutes. Then they were loud until they all left about 30 minutes later. The room was clean, they had lots of activities available at no charge for who ever was interested. They have all night room service. We would love to go back and stay in a one bedroom suite (more like a condo with a kitchen, living and dining rooms). Check out was easy too. The only negative is that they charge a resort fee of $22 per bedroom per night. If we brought our son and had a two bedroom it would be the cost of the room plus $44 resort fee per night. I think that's a little high.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisalyn195
, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay with us. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in our spacious Club Suite accommodation. As mentioned in your review, there are many different activities available to our guests. All of these options are included in our nightly resort fee, which also includes daily parking and housekeeping service, 24-hour shuttle service around the resort, wireless internet, daily transportation to the theme parks, boat and bicycle rentals, use of our driving ranges and practice holes, use of our 9 hole pitch and putt course and 24-foot rock climbing wall, and seasonal poolside activities. We look forward to welcoming you all back to the resort on your next trip to Orlando!
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Booked 6 nights here and arrived to be told our room wasn't ready but the check-in clerk took our cell phone number after saying housekeeping would prioritise and he would call us. Don't believe the eyewash as we were told on our return 3 hours later (no call received) that it still wasn't ready. When we finally arrived at the villa we found that it was set-up for a disabled person which did not suit us. Another villa was eventually found. The main criticism of the villas is that they are locked in a different era - around the late 70's - and in desparate need of updating. The decor will appeal to you if you still enjoy that time of your life. But fluorescent lighting in the bathroom and kitchen isn't our style at all. It's a shame because the environment is peaceful. The same can't be said for the air-con however and it struggled noisilly in our villa to bring the temperature down. The last straw for us was finding cockroaches in the kitchen on the working surfaces hardly condusive to preparing food. We left after two nights.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AZMaverick
, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your candid account of your stay; we do appreciate all comments, both good and bad. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to our standards. We do take pride in providing spectacular guest service, and we particularly hate to hear of our service causing any problems for our guests. I would like to also mention that we have a complete renovation scheduled for this coming fall. We truly hope to earn another chance of serving you on your next trip to Orlando. I invite you to contact me directly at 407-239-1961 if I can assist in arranging your next trip to Orlando; I would be honored to personally arrange your next stay at the Villas of Grand Cypress.